Photo
poll

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Put your money where your month is (118 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want to be sitting on Microsoft stock for the first 6 months after Windows 8 is released?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 04 August 2012 - 19:54

2 things.
1. Those people are ****ing morons.
2. The odd person sending a machine back for stupid reasons will have ZERO affect. Millions of people will be running Win8 by the of the year.

Why would they be morons?

#17 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2012 - 19:57

Why would they be morons?

I do not understand either. I know a lot of people that would ask for Windows 7 again instead of using Windows 8. This is not like going from XP to Vista/7 where not that much has been changed (you still have a start menu and it operates very much the same as in XP except a scroll bar and a search).

#18 Matthew_Thepc

Matthew_Thepc

Neowinian

Posted 04 August 2012 - 20:26

If I did any major stock trading, I would hold on to Microsoft stock because I think once Windows 8 comes out everything's just going to fall in place for consumers when they see the one-UI-for-everything approach Microsoft's taken. Sure, it might **** off the relatively small power-user community, but the majority of Microsoft's users are going to like it (and I do believe that even the power users will take Windows 8 tablets over iPads)

#19 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 04 August 2012 - 20:28

I tried buying stock once from MS, wouldn't let me because I'm not from the US. :(

#20 Matthew_Thepc

Matthew_Thepc

Neowinian

Posted 04 August 2012 - 20:34

yeah I don't think MS is the type of stock you dump money in to get a quick buck. They are a solid company that have a clear business plan and don't really swing for homeruns. I mean they try every now and then but they are mostly a consistent singles type of company. Sure they've had their highs and lows, but over the last 10 years they have been near the same price point.

There was an article in the latest WIRED that was somewhat related to this; it basically said that Microsoft had been playing it safe for the past decade because they had all that anti-trust scrutiny, and now that the anti-trust cases are settled, Microsoft's started to take a lot more risks (like the Surface).

#21 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2012 - 20:35

I wouldn't sit on stock, period.

#22 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 04 August 2012 - 21:33

Um maybe because Windows 95 was progress for the better?

To go from this: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Windows_3.1x
To this: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Windows_95

Is progress for the better. To go from what we have now to a similar 3.1 style of things is not progress at all.

That might be your viewpoint but it's not everyone's. I don't see Windows 8 as a downgrade in any way. Frankly, it's not really all that different to me at all. Time will tell if it's truly a step in the right direction or not, but Windows 8 is certainly attempting to introduce new behavior, much like Windows 95 did.

And don't forget how many people resisted Windows 95 when it was first released. Much like Win8 now, there were complaints, complaints, complaints about Windows 95. People who wanted Program Manager and File Manager to remain the default. People who wanted Windows 95 to look like this, function like that, etc.

#23 Wyn6

Wyn6

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 925

Posted 04 August 2012 - 23:16

I currently own MS stock and am gonna buy Nokia soon. Should've bought at $1.70.

#24 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 23:17

I currently own MS stock and am gonna buy Nokia soon. Should've bought at $1.70.

I have a quicker way for you to waste money, send it to me.

#25 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 04 August 2012 - 23:20

Knowing that MSFT stock doesn't move much, if I really wanted to "make money" - I will not put it in MSFT regardless of Windows 8. I will upgrade with $$ and hence money will be already spent even if I don't buy stock again. :/

#26 pack34

pack34

Professional Electron Wrangler

Posted 04 August 2012 - 23:24

I wouldn't sit on stock, period.

Why?

#27 Wyn6

Wyn6

Neowinian

Posted 04 August 2012 - 23:28

I have a quicker way for you to waste money, send it to me.

I would be delighted to. Let me get your full legal Name, phone number, address, bank name and/or routing number, account number(s), social security number and an email address for confirmation. I will get that money over to you ASAP.

#28 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 23:32

I would be delighted to. Let me get your full legal Name, phone number, address, bank name and/or routing number, account number(s), social security number and an email address for confirmation. I will get that money over to you ASAP.

How about you just send the cash to my P.O Box? - Also make it British Pounds Sterling, I don't want any of that American Mickey Mouse money.

#29 Wyn6

Wyn6

Neowinian

Posted 04 August 2012 - 23:40

How about you just send the cash to my P.O Box? - Also make it British Pounds Sterling, I don't want any of that American Mickey Mouse money.

Sure. But, my father, who is a Nigerian king, has put the money in a trust fund for me. I can get it out early, but there's a penalty for early withdrawal. The penalty is 12%. So, it will cost me $2400 or £1534. Oh! I have an idea. If you Western Union me the money for the penalty, I can withdraw the remaining funds and send them to you. Deal?

#30 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 23:41

Sure. But, my father, who is a Nigerian king, has put the money in a trust fund for me. I can get it out early, but there's a penalty for early withdrawal. The penalty is 12%. So, it will cost me $2400 or £1534. Oh! I have an idea. If you Western Union me the money for the penalty, I can withdraw the remaining funds and send them to you. Deal?

Your bank sounds like my wife with these penalties for early withdrawals.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!