cfa gay rights tolerance hate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 srprimeaux

srprimeaux

Neowinian

• 563 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:41

An elderly Chicago street preacher was harassed by protesters outside a Chick-fil-A restaurant as police in at least two cities investigate acts of vandalism allegedly by vandals upset over the company’s support for traditional marriage.

Artist Manny Castro, who said he is a homosexual, confessed to The Huffington Post that he was responsible for vandalizing a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Torrance, Calif.

“I’m against what these people stand for, what this company stands for,” he told The Huffington Post. “They’re trying to take away what little rights we already have.”

Castro spray painted “Tastes Like Hate” on the side of the restaurant. He called his criminal activity “art” and denied he broke the law.

“It’s paint on a wall,” he said. It got removed in less than an hour. It’s not that much of a crime — it’s a protest.”

“I thought of the photographs from 40 years ago of Christians protesting blacks marrying whites,” said Castro. “It is the same thing.”

Police told the LA Daily News they are investigating the incident.

A second incident occurred in Missouri. Someone spray painted “don’t hate” on brick walls and “tastes like hate,” at a Chick-fil-A in Des Peres, television station KMOV reported.

In Chicago a group of protesters surrounded an elderly street preacher outside the city’s lone Chick-fil-A restaurant. Video of the incident was posted on the website legalinsurrection.com.

The protesters ridiculed and mocked the man — using chalk to write insulting messages on the sidewalk. One of the messages read, “He’s really gay deep down.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8G4jI3VI8U&feature=player_embedded

“I do hate God,” one protester screamed at the elderly man as someone waved a rainbow flag. “Then your Bible is in itself immoral. I am tired of your hypocrisy, sir.”

In other acts of violence, a Chick-fil-A restaurant in Martinsburg, West Va. was evacuated after someone called in a bomb threat. The threat was later deemed a hoax. In Greenville, South Carolina, a man was arrested after he blocked the drive-thru of a Chick-fil-A with his vehicle.

Source

#2 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,133 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:44

I am fully convinced that man, as a whole, is an incredibly flawed and self-centered bag of stupid.

I seriously doubt most of the people protesting have had folks get in their face and scream at them, like they do to others. It is shameful that they, in a quest for acceptance instead turn to anger, hate, and belittlement like they say they receive. When you cannot rise above what you claim to fight, you have already failed.

Shameful no matter what the cause.

#3 Ice_Blue

Ice_Blue

Neowinian

• 1,312 posts
  • Phone: Nokia N8 Belle

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:49

I am fully convinced that man, as a whole, is an incredibly flawed and self-centered bag of stupid.

But... but...
God created man, in HIS image!

#4 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,133 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:53

But... but...
God created man, in HIS image!

...that was prior to the choice of sin and falling short of God and his glory. The image is still there, just very tainted by the nature of sin and well, stupidity.

#5 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

• 1,768 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:59

Try burning the bible in front of any religious preachers talking about homosexual immorality or some stupid thing like that.
That should make such a person go away.

#6 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,209 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:05

of course in chicago...why am I not surprised.. o.o

#7 Beyond Godlike

Beyond Godlike

Neowinian

• 1,103 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:09

Meh, i dont even care anymore. Even if the republicans get over gays, like they did the blacks...theyll just find a new group to hate. They really drag america down..

#8 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:18

Meh, i dont even care anymore. Even if the republicans get over gays, like they did the blacks...theyll just find a new group to hate. They really drag america down..

I like your comment, but it isn't republicans. It is really anyone who thinks something is "sacred" enough to deny a right that others have. Nothing is sacred, and discrimination is discrimination, I don't care how you try and sugarcoat it. Anyone who thinks this way is dragging America down. Religious groups have been impeding science, and progression for years.

#9 OP srprimeaux

srprimeaux

Neowinian

• 563 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:32

So, nothing to say about the men making fun of this preacher? It exists on BOTH sides.

#10 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,153 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:23

That's not the way anyone should protest.

#11 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,253 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:38

lol you're right. :shiftyninja:

#12 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

Looking for a job in Lisbon

• 12,213 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:03

Bears and Cubs, eh...

#13 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,403 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:55

When you do stuff like this you're more inclined to turn people who may be sympathetic with your cause away from it.

#14 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:58

What annoys me is that people in this thread and the world think that gays have some sort of hive mind, that a small group of gay people even one gay person speaks and acts for every gay person.

Its ridiculous.

Just because these gays are idiots doesn't mean that every gay person condones it. Why would you judge millions of people by the actions of a few....

#15 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:07

What annoys me is that people in this thread and the world think that gays have some sort of hive mind, that a small group of gay people even one gay person speaks and acts for every gay person.

Its ridiculous.

Just because these gays are idiots doesn't mean that every gay person condones it. Why would you judge millions of people by the actions of a few....

I'm totally playing devil's advocate here....but you're being very hypocritical. The same is thought about religious people.

That being said, I'm gay. I strongly believe that we should voice our concerns when our rights are being trampled on and I have on several occasions verbally attacked many of the bigots on this site. But to be completely fair (and believe me this isn't easy to admit given my thoughts on a lot of current issues regarding gays and marriage), what you're saying can easily be applied to how the religious folk are treated.

Lol I feel like a pod person right now...