Photo

Do you have this bug in Windows 8 Photos app?

win8

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 jhoff80

jhoff80

Neowinian

Posted 09 October 2012 - 22:08

Today's Photos app update still doesn't fix this issue for me. I wish I knew what the cause was.

#17 Munroe

Munroe

Neowinian

Posted 14 October 2012 - 15:49

Here is a very bad quality video http://sdrv.ms/MXnDpz

Link doesn't work and I'm still fuzzy on the details, are you saying that when you open up a picture in the photos app that you get a duplicated picture right next to the original?

#18 jhoff80

jhoff80

Neowinian

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:14

Link doesn't work and I'm still fuzzy on the details, are you saying that when you open up a picture in the photos app that you get a duplicated picture right next to the original?

The left half of the image is duplicated over the right half of it.

In other words, this:
Posted Image

Becomes:

Posted Image

It only happens with higher resolution images though.

#19 jhoff80

jhoff80

Neowinian

Posted 28 October 2012 - 15:21

For what it's worth, this doesn't happen on my Surface, so I guess it's GPU related or something along those lines.

#20 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 28 October 2012 - 15:28

I don't have this bug, but I do have a bug where the facebook photos feature straight-up doesn't work. It doesn't let you click the connect or cancel buttons at all when setting up the facebook connnect.

#21 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 October 2012 - 15:42

I don't have this bug, but I do have a bug where the facebook photos feature straight-up doesn't work. It doesn't let you click the connect or cancel buttons at all when setting up the facebook connnect.

I also don't have it.

#22 mlhifi

mlhifi

Neowinian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 14:10

Check the picture. It is duplicated.

Yes, I DO have this bug, since the Consumer Preview! I now use RTM and it's still there! The pictures are exactly as described... left half of the picture duplicated on the right side. It is definitely a bug, and certainly NOT 3D!
Another example of Microsoft releasing a product too soon.
This, by the way, happens of 2 different machines... a HP laptop and a Dell desktop! The 1st is new and the 2nd is old albiet with an up-to-date video card.
Regards,
Mike

#23 DKAngel

DKAngel

That i cannot own ....I shall destroy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 14:28

u sure its not linked to resolution restrictions in the app or possibly some data in the photo actually being wrong or your camerea storing data wrong? have u tried sending the exact same pictures to some one of us to see what happens? maybe your actual machine is at fault and it has nothing to do with the app? maybe the photo has corrupted?

#24 mlhifi

mlhifi

Neowinian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:09

u sure its not linked to resolution restrictions in the app or possibly some data in the photo actually being wrong or your camerea storing data wrong? have u tried sending the exact same pictures to some one of us to see what happens? maybe your actual machine is at fault and it has nothing to do with the app? maybe the photo has corrupted?

Certainly in my case I can say absolutely that the pictures are fine in ANY other photo software; it's just in the Win8 app!
As to resolution, that should not present a problem in any app and if it does, it's a BUG!

As stated above, I have this problem on TWO different computers and, of course, the OP has the problem too... it's not down to faulty machines!