13 posts in this topic

Posted

Windows Certification Artwork or Windows Compatibility Logo are Microsoft's program to make OEM eligible for some benefits like qualified Windows Product, etc (you can read on in the post). In result, you will see this logo in certified product such as Software, or Hardware. In simple way, when you buy a new Laptop or Computer that already installed a Windows OS, you will have this popular sticker like this one on your laptop :

windows_7_compatible.png

and this :

clip_5F00_image004_5F00_1C2B31B1.jpg

Did you know that Microsoft had already posted an official Logo for the Windows 8 Certification artwork? This is how its look :

IC610558.jpg

You can read on in that post about the Certification program here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/jj591630.aspx

and Hardware certification here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh924782.aspx

So, what do you think about it, is it looking cool? :)

Posted

I wonder why they include "Windows 8" on them? It should just say Windows RT right? so strange

Posted

What's strange about it? Windows 8 & Windows RT are separate OS versions, but some products can work on both, hence the dual badge. Are you thinking of WinRT which is the Windows Runtime?

Posted

why so many colours?

Posted

WINDOWS-8-STICKERS-MOCKUP-ADS.jpg

I've done a fast mockup here how its look in laptops

Posted

and this : Windows-8-STICKERs-LAPTOP-MOCKUP.jpg

Posted

WINDOWS-8-STICKERS-MOCKUP-ADS.jpg I've done a fast mockup here how its look in laptops

Your picture won't show up

1 person likes this

Posted

That link doesn't look public. Either get the public link for the directory or post it in the public folder and grab the individual links.

Posted

Here's a very quick mock-up.

GSz5p.png

I like it. It's very bold and simple.

Posted

Hello,

Perhaps it will be closer in shape/color to the one shown in the picture used in this review of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Posted

Hello,

Perhaps it will be closer in shape/color to the one shown in the picture used in this review of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

That's a Windows 7 logo. The above logos are actually correct & official and are not supposed to be altered.

Posted

Hello,

Right, but isn't that Windows 7 logo on the X1 Carbon a little different than the normal one seen on most PCs? It's not a great photo, but it looks more monochromatic to me than the Windows 7 stickers used elsewhere.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

That's a Windows 7 logo. The above logos are actually correct & official and are not supposed to be altered.

Posted

I didn't peel off the Windows 7 stickers from my ThinkPad but I would to those hideous 8 ones.