Photo

What is the best image size to use on mobile devices? (HTML)

mobile devices 2012 image size

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:24

I would be using Google for this, but it would display outdated info, and that's not what I want.

Basing from statistics of 2012,cellphones and tablets have shifted the way we interact with websites. Due to that, I'm planning going fully mobile and I would like to know which is the "standard" image size I should implement (for mobile display only) so they don't slow down cellular connections and the browsing session. Of course... they shouldn't look crap either

Thanks a lot!

#2 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z White

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:48

I don't think that matters that much anymore on today's handhelds, even the budget samsung galaxy s advance and a older apple ipod touch can load big images in no time.

So I'm suggesting peopel these days to just make a seperate CSS file for mobile devices and keep the site the same.

#3 OP Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:10

I don't think that matters that much anymore on today's handhelds, even the budget samsung galaxy s advance and a older apple ipod touch can load big images in no time.

So I'm suggesting peopel these days to just make a seperate CSS file for mobile devices and keep the site the same.

Ok then :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!