8 posts in this topic

Posted

I installed A1 Visual Tasks as trial, never really used it so I forgot about it and decided to check it out now. It says "Trial Mode: -1 days left" but I can still use it fully. What are the "rules" when it comes to trial version of paid apps?

Posted

Seems to me like it's the same as WinRAR. It just nags you but doesn't completely shut you out.

Posted

not sure what the rules are, but an app called tube downloader just expired for me (trial) and I cant use it now, have to pay

Posted

Depends on the app in question

Revert to limited demo mode.

Nag you with ads(these probably have ads form the start and are free apps with an ad free option though)

Completely disabled

Posted

I see. So I guess the developer of this app hasn't implemented anything post-trial yet because I still get full functionality without any ads.

Posted

Probably. Might be a pre release thing to.

Posted

PowerDVD locks you out entirely after 14 days, for an example of that.

Posted

If it's a time limited trial, once the time limit expires, you will be unable to launch it again the next time it's closed (whether you manually kill it, reboot, or the system terminates it to free up memory). Before that happens, it's up to the app author to detect that the license has expired and close the app, do something like put up a barricade page, or do nothing and wait until the next close/reboot/etc to enforce the expiration.