Add "OP" to user in the thread he started...

Saw something on another site thats a pretty nice touch for big threads.....

When a user starts a thread, a text (or something similar, nonannoying) should be added beside the user's name saying OP (Original Poster). This would keep track on who originally asked the question in case it goes off topic.

I dont know, I see it helpful but some opinions would be nice.

• Like 2

It would be helpful but it isn't difficult to remember one person's username. Also, you usually don't need to remember the original poster's username in large threads.

It would be helpful but it isn't difficult to remember one person's username. Also, you usually don't need to remember the original poster's username in large threads.

I dont know I saw it helpful at the moment :) Thank you for replying.

Alright, I added something just to see how this works out. So it is possible to do it without any modifications. Will see what Neobond thinks of the idea, and if he's no fan, will remove it. Might be confusing to users so don't know myself.

Hmm, when I looked at this thread I thought OP's name is OP pes2013. It's a bit confusing for regular members but seems fine for the 'colored' ones. Won't this be a bit redundant since we can already see who the OP is at the top of the page below the title? Just my 2 cents.

slickdeals is using VBulletin....

I'm sure IPB has a hook, however, neowin is running a version or two behind... so that might be difficult to find one to work with this version... also I requested they have real time facebook style notifications and they can't do that till they upgrade.

Should be different than the user name, u may need to clear cache.

I'm cool with doing it like slickdeals, but kinda crap with the stupid member badges everyone has :(

Should be different than the user name, u may need to clear cache.

I'm cool with doing it like slickdeals, but kinda crap with the stupid member badges everyone has :(

Oh, I was using Darkside so I didn't spot it. I think that's enough. Yeah, I don't think it will look good with the badges.

Didn't Neowin used to have it so the first post was always at the top of the page?

What you're talking about is the Linear+ view. I believe it was removed in IP.Board 3.1 (Neowin uses 3.2.3).

• Like 2

What you're talking about is the Linear+ view. I believe it was removed in IP.Board 3.1 (Neowin uses 3.2.3).

i still miss that feature, though not many people used it and it was a little buggy, it was nice for long support threads and the like

Aye, IP Board got rid of a few decent features such as Linear+ the ability to change the number of posts per page etc. such a shame as I find it a lot harder to read 4 pages of 10 than 1 page of 40 :s

I'd suggest making the background colour brighter so that it's more visible, like the green colour behind the page number. I think it's a useful feature, especially in the support forums.