Start Screen Animations Tweaker

PKC3M.png

Start Screen Animations Tweaker is based on my recent research about the Start Screen animations.

With Start Screen Animations Tweaker you will able:

• to change behavior of the user name text slide animation.
  • to change behavior of the user picture slide animation.
  • to change behavior of Tiles slide animation. It has two options:
    1. left-to-right animation. Tiles will fly from the "far" left corner into the screen. This reminds me effects from the Solitaire windows game.
    2. right-to-left animation controls the right position from where Tiles will slide to their regular positions
  • to enable animations for every time you visit the Start screen in Windows 8, not only at login.

Effects demo video:

Start Screen Animations Tweaker is freeware and portable application which does not require to be installed and works with both x86 and x64 editions of Windows 8.

Download link

• 2 months later...

Grand update is here.

Start Screen Animations Tweaker features the Parallax effect support.

kYU6I.png

There is a difference in the visual position of Start Screen?s tiles and the Start Screen?s background. It?s called the Parallax effect. You see it in action every time you scroll your Start Screen: tiles scroll is faster than the background image scroll.

Video:

Why it is hidden setting again - i have no idea

Download link

Under the hood

Its just one setting in registry. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\Accent

You can create the 32bit DWORD parameter named ?parallax?. It does not exists by default, and Windows 8 considers it equal to five.

I have decribed that parameter in the following post.

• Like 2