The last couple of nights, I wanted to do some online gaming, specifically Diablo III and Battlefield 3.
In Battlefield 3, I can join a server just fine, and if I stand still I can watch the action playing out smoothly and my ping is at 20-22 depending on which server I choose. When I move my ping jumps all the way up to 300 and can even max out at 800 and on the screen I keep jittering back and forth.
In Diablo III, I haven't checked my ping, but I have noticed a similar issue.
With that information and some tests that I've done, my download speed is ~25 Mbps, and my upload Speed is ~4 Mbps. It's hard to say that this is a driver issue, but I'm not ruling it out. Maybe it's a firewall issue?
- My desktop has both Wireless and Wired Connection capabilities, and I tried each one separately with the same results.
- I have disconnected my router, and plugged my PC directly into the Modem to see if that would fix it. It did not.
- I tried port forwarding, it did not work.
- Updated my network card driver (nForce)
- ASUS M3N78 PRO Motherboard
- 6GB DDR2 800
- AMD 5770 1GB GDDR 5
- 500GB HDD 7200RPM
- Router: NETGEAR Wireless G (I'll get the model later when I get home)
- Modem: Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 (same)