Windows 8 PC Gaming Lag Spikes

win8

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 December 2012 - 14:04

Everyone suggested very aggressivly, that it was the video card, whilst ignoring the OP's statements that it was not the graphics card, but a network issue, while everyone balked at his opinion, glad to see he was right and the issues got resolved.

#47 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 28 December 2012 - 14:07

Hi,

I had the same problem as you I believe. Although I'm a noob I worked out my problem was with the network drivers.

while effortlesly looking for a w7 driver and trying to install it, I noticed I didn't have these problems playing games when I used my integrated GPU instead of my Nvidia driver... so this kinda baffled me, however none of the nvidia driver versions work for me (266.58 -too old-, 285,62 -crashes-, 295.73, 306.97, 310.70 -lagspikes-) I have Optimus with an integrated intel and nvidia geforce GT 425M

So im looking back to my network drivers; maybe there's something wrong between the nvidia & network drivers?

but I just can't seem to: a) find the right drivers b) uninstall the current drivers c) install the downloaded driver... im not a total nab, I have no problems with installing/uninstalling nvidia or other drivers. these are my drivers under the network adapter tab:

Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

So Ill try finding a w7 driver for this Realtek driver?

http://station-drive...age/atheros.htm www.realtek.com.tw

#48 fluppets

fluppets

Neowinian

Posted 28 December 2012 - 15:42

thx for the quick reply, So I tried installing the realtek drivers for w7 but it wouldn't let me, it said it wsnt supporting this OS.
The atheros driver seems to be the same version for w7 as w8, but I went ahead and uninstalled the current and installed the w7 driver.

Just tested and it didn't work.

any ideas what's causing this problem? bc everything points to a network issue, but dedicating my integrated graphics card (instead of nvidia) to the games I play fixes the issue...

I'd really like to actually use the nvidia graphics card I have...

#49 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

Posted 28 December 2012 - 15:55

Hmm, well I couldn't say then. I have noticed Realtek is slacking a bit in their win8 support, but didn't think it'd be a problem.

You still might try cFosSpeed (it has a thirty day trial) and see if it helps. For whatever reason I had lag as well, so I'm still using it after I switched from 3g to DSL.

http://www.cfos.de/e...d/cfosspeed.htm

#50 1WayJonny

1WayJonny

General, I salute you!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 15:59

I have noticed this on my Windows 8 water cooling machine, it started with online and then single player games and the video just freezes for 2 seconds at some times. I did upgrade the Nvidia card driver just before xmas and Windows 8 did not do this before.

For me it is not a network issue it was video lag and in all these years I have never seen this before and I thought some went wrong with my video card. I have not fixed this yet as it is sporadic but I think its the new video drivers.

#51 fluppets

fluppets

Neowinian

Posted 28 December 2012 - 17:52

I have noticed this on my Windows 8 water cooling machine, it started with online and then single player games and the video just freezes for 2 seconds at some times. I did upgrade the Nvidia card driver just before xmas and Windows 8 did not do this before.

For me it is not a network issue it was video lag and in all these years I have never seen this before and I thought some went wrong with my video card. I have not fixed this yet as it is sporadic but I think its the new video drivers.

do you know what driver version you were running on when it wasn't doing this? I understand you didnt have this issue, even in windows 8? bc I upgraded my nvidia drivers together with windows 8; so I can't tell if it's an issue with new nvidia drivers on w8, any nvidia driver on w8 or just the new nvidia driver on any OS

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!