Windows 8 selling really well here!

win8

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 j2006

j2006

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:33

Ever since launch date (Oct 26th), I notice that a lot of stores are sold out of Windows 8 here in Toronto. At first I thought it was just low stock maybe, but the fact that I actually overhear other customers to this day asking the sales staff for a copy shows there's demand for it and it seems to be selling really well here. I found one quiet store that had only 1 copy left so bought it (since I wanted a copy of the last physical disc for the OS for my collection). For my other PCs I just bought the digital version on windows.com since it's a steal at $39.99.

Loving the new era of Windows this year :)

How about your local store experiences?

#2 BoDEAN

BoDEAN

REDHead

• Phone: Iphone

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:35

got it on technet, still available on there...no shortage in sight

#3 shifts

shifts

Neowinian

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:41

Wonder how well it would of sold if it had been the older style pricing? I'm a mac owner but even I couldnt pass up getting it for £15 (laptop upgrade :D)

#4 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:43

got it on technet, still available on there...no shortage in sight

Well technically, you have a limited number of licenses, so there can be a shortage.

#5 subcld

subcld

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 720 + 520

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:58

i bought it two days ago in the morning took me 10 minutes in and out i wasn't paying any attention to anything :pinch:

#6 nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13

NeKroSoft inc.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 18:17

its selling well because its cheap, once a lot of people install it, they will wish they didn't

#7 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 19:33

its selling well because its cheap, once a lot of people install it, they will wish they didn't

So i assume your job is to speak for everyone? Well that is a huge releaife cause i cant make my mind up on anything so i will let you do it for me then since it is your Job to do so

#8 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 05 November 2012 - 19:48

So i assume your job is to speak for everyone? Well that is a huge releaife cause i cant make my mind up on anything so i will let you do it for me then since it is your Job to do so

lol trolls always seem to think they speak for the world. As for the OP I knew it would. Neowin isn't even 1% of the tech world so all the hate on this site was of no comparison to real world #s.

Plus considering VISTA has a higher userbase then mac and Linux combined what else will people get lol

#9 The King of GnG

The King of GnG

Knight and King of the Great Hell Village

• Phone: Windows Phone

Posted 05 November 2012 - 19:49

At my local retailer, Windows 8 machines and "boxes" were sitting alone doing nothing all the time - except when a friend of mine broke the mouse after just loading a couple of Metro "apps" (yuck). Here, no one wants it.

#10 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2012 - 20:44

At my local retailer, Windows 8 machines and "boxes" were sitting alone doing nothing all the time - except when a friend of mine broke the mouse after just loading a couple of Metro "apps" (yuck). Here, no one wants it.

you know why dont ya because you and your friend broke in after hours course none is gonna be getting windows 8 or a machine after hours silly There closed he he he

#11 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 05 November 2012 - 20:52

Ever since launch date (Oct 26th), I notice that a lot of stores are sold out of Windows 8 here in Toronto. At first I thought it was just low stock maybe, but the fact that I actually overhear other customers to this day asking the sales staff for a copy shows there's demand for it and it seems to be selling really well here. I found one quiet store that had only 1 copy left so bought it (since I wanted a copy of the last physical disc for the OS for my collection). For my other PCs I just bought the digital version on windows.com since it's a steal at $39.99.

What shops were those that ran out of copies of Windows 8? Curious to know if they were all the big box stores plus the smaller (cheaper) chains like CanComps and NCIX.

#12 nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13

NeKroSoft inc.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 21:05

who said everyone, windows 8 will be like vista, will sell to an extent, but will go down in history as a flop

#13 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 November 2012 - 00:46

who said everyone, windows 8 will be like vista, will sell to an extent, but will go down in history as a flop

Well it sold 4 millions copies just software alone in 4 days so 4 million copies of windows 8 is huge in just 4 days so i beg to differ that it will sell somewhat matter fact it seems it has sold allot and continues to sell

#14 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 November 2012 - 00:48

I've been standing back and watching at our local Best Buy. The Apple section and the tablet sections are packed but almost no one goes to the Windows 8 section.

#15 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:06

I would like to see sales from businesses and corporations on Windows 8. I think a majority of corporation are going to be using Windows 7 for a long time if they have even switched over from XP. Individual purchases of W8 will be from a younger age group 18-30. More of a gimmicky OS that people want to purchase to play with and they can tell their friends they have it. Not very functional for most, especially desktop users when looking at installing and quickly adapting and getting to work.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!