ohio public humiliation school bus

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:43

CLEVELAND - A woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to avoid a Cleveland school bus that was unloading children will have to stand at an intersection wearing a sign warning about idiots.

Court records show a Cleveland Municipal Court judge on Monday ordered 32-year-old Shena Hardin to stand at an intersection for two days next week. She will have to wear a sign saying: "Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."

The judge ordered her to wear the sign from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. both days.

Hardin's license was suspended for 30 days and she was ordered to pay $250 in court costs.

source

#2 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,609 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:46

Not that I find it offensive or anything, but I'm surprised this is allowed.

#3 dfuk

dfuk

Neowinian

• 166 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:49

not read the source but nice one Judge, that sort of punishment works.

#4 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,812 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:52

I find it pretty funny actually. Now I find the whole stop behind a school bus that's unloading children absolutely retarded (no other country has this and kids aren't dying on the streets), but it's still the law. Driving on the sidewalk? That's also against the law and well pretty dam idiotic.

So two major infractions and all she got was a 30 day suspension and has to wear a sign for two hours? Sorry this wasn't some small mistake that she did on accident. It was a moronic and dangerous decision.

#5 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:00

I hope passersby take lots of pictures. :p

#6 V8nside

V8nside

Neowinian

• 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:07

I find it pretty funny actually. Now I find the whole stop behind a school bus that's unloading children absolutely retarded (no other country has this and kids aren't dying on the streets), but it's still the law. Driving on the sidewalk? That's also against the law and well pretty dam idiotic.

Canada does, it prevents retards from over taking the bus when children could be crossing the road in front of the bus. And lots of kids have died from this scenario, thats why the law was put in place..

#7 oliver182

oliver182

Neowinian

• 421 posts
  • Phone: Alcatel OneTouch Idol Ultra

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:09

I saw the video of her driving on the sidewalk, she deserved this and probably more.

#8 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:18

Canada does, it prevents retards from over taking the bus when children could be crossing the road in front of the bus. And lots of kids have died from this scenario, thats why the law was put in place..

Then those retards (which I agree that they are) shouldn't have been allowed on the road in the first place. I can't speak of other drive tests at other DMVs but I know the one in Daytona Beach is about the easiest thing in the world. It's closed course, you get in your car, stop at a light, stop at a stop sign, show that you can signal correctly and that's it. No parking, no traffic nothing.

It doesn't have to be a law, it should just be common sense. But then again coming to a stop at a stop sign is too difficult for a lot of people in this country and you end up with stuff like this: http://www.wfaa.com/...-177177461.html

But apologies for Canada so I'll rephrase it to most other countries.

#9 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,799 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:31

I find it pretty funny actually. Now I find the whole stop behind a school bus that's unloading children absolutely retarded

you never seen kids walk left off a bus?

#10 Josh the Nerd

Josh the Nerd

Neowinian

• 233 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:33

Obviously this punishment is meant to embarrass the woman, but to really do that, doesn't the sign need to specify that she's the idiot that did it?

#11 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:34

you never seen kids walk left off a bus?

I have but if you read on I said there are other countries where kids walk off school buses (or even regular public transportation) and cross the road just fine without being run over.

It doesn't have to be a law, it should just be common sense.

Edit: Sorry I just realized that my original post came out kindoff stupid. I meant to say that I think it's retarded that it needs to be a law to prevent people doing that. But I can no longer edit that post so this counts as that edit lol.

#12 a.mcdear

a.mcdear

Neowinian

• 139 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:45

Wow. Awesome.

#13 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 19:06

Need a permanent bumper sticker on her car too:

Attached Images

• driving.png

#14 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,163 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 19:35

If the municipality, county or state has an "Alternative Sentencing" law on the books judges have a wide discretion in such matters. Some of them are so creative people take up 'court watching' for the entertainment value. Our city is one such area, and a couple of the judges in its.court are masters of the art.

#15 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,936 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 06 November 2012 - 19:36

What an idiot.