Windows 8 overtake Android web presence in less than 10 days

win8

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Neowinian

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:27

Microsoft News reports that in less than 10 days since Windows 8's launch, the OS has overtaken Android in website traffic. The stats come from the well recognized StatCounter. The graphic below displays this trend, showing traffic from devices running Windows 8 and the Android operating system.

Posted Image

It appears that Windows 8 is having a great start. And folks, this is no Windows Vista. What do you think?

Source:
http://microsoft-new...s-than-10-days/

#2 simrat

simrat

pooonjabi!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5 (stock)

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:30

Only MS employees are using this or MS paid statcounter. This cant be true.

/s

On topic : Windows 8 is indeed fast and great, it takes time to get used to, but still faster than 7 ever was. (Y)

#3 bjoswald

bjoswald

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Aria

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:32

I took the plunge and upgraded. I hated Windows 8 at first but now I love it.

#4 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:34

Are there any stats for Windows RT?

#5 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:35

It appears to me that you're looking at deliberately skewed statistics and assuming that they mean more than they do. Look at the same figures for markets where they actually compete like tablets and I wager the stats would look a bit different.

#6 Phouchg

Phouchg

has stopped responding

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:37

That comparing stats of desktop OS vs mobile OS is bag-of-hammers dumb sensationalist bullshyte, at least well until Surface Pro and Pro tablets appear en masse. Windows RT, on the other hand...

#7 Active.

Active.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:38

folks, this is no Windows Vista.

Clearly.

#8 OP Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Neowinian

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:45

Indeed you may ask why one would compare a desktop OS and a mobile OS. It's a valid question until you realize that regardless of the form factor of the device, the OS is the same. This implies a huge developer opportunity. Remember, the Windows Store isn't limited to tablets. These huge amounts of de3sktop PCs and laptops also have access to the Windows Store. This is huge for developers' reach. With relatively few apps and a massive userbase, there isn't a better time to develop Windows 8 apps.

#9 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:48

Actually, no it isn't. Android isn't designed to be used on desktops, full stop. What a product is marketed for is very important, and if you compared like for like and only looked at tablets I'd wager the figures would be different. The argument that you're making would be something akin to telling a person looking for a corporate jet for their small business that they'd be better off with a Boeing 737 because it sells in such big numbers.

#10 Phouchg

Phouchg

has stopped responding

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:52

Well, I thought this thread was about statistics not "developers, developers" dance. Now I'm afraid this thread is bound to turn into another "OMG ITS FULL OF STARS" vs "I HAAATE WIN8 THEREFORE YOU SHOULD TOO" :(

#11 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 07 November 2012 - 19:53

its funny cause there was people that thought win8 would fail.

On a side note most of vistas crashes were due to bad drivers thanks to NVidia. So you wanna blame someone for vista blame them. It worked perfect for me when I used it.

#12 Phouchg

Phouchg

has stopped responding

Posted 07 November 2012 - 20:02

Of course, Windows 8 sells like hot cakes. I've already installed a good number of machines just because an ad "Woo woo - new Windows 8 is out" is on our company's front page... ok, well, like, ten - it's a small company. But guess what - just one Windows 7 install since then.

The fun will begin when people start calling "why did you folks install an iPad in my new shiny gaming rig?". Though I'm still waiting for a single complaint, with the hope diminishing each day.

#13 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 07 November 2012 - 20:09

Right.. because everyone searches for Android... I have never once done a search for android.. and I own an Android Device. I've searched Win8 more than Android.. and I have 0 intention of using 8... so a few searches for something means nothing.. it's how well it sells and if it can take out the competition (which I can't see happening).

#14 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

Posted 07 November 2012 - 20:09

Rename the thread Windows 8 overtake Linux web presence in less than 10 days and Ill tell you that is false :)

And I have my doubts even about Android...

#15 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 07 November 2012 - 20:13

wait... WHAT??? people were bitching that windows 8 is a tablet and mobile only OS,and nobody is going to use it on the desktop.

then these stats come out and now all of a sudden, you cant compare apples to oranges because windows 8 is a desktop OS?

that is the funniest thing I've heard.

guess what? windows 8 is a damn success and all you haters have no more excuses. the market is speaking and you guys are acting like babies.

according to these stats, in less than a month, windows 8 should over take ios web presence as well.

surprise, windows 8 has arrived,and all other platforms are beginning to become irrelevant. enjoy