Nexus 4 sells out in less than 1hour in UK

:woot: Amazing price for the specs and the demand seems to show it.

May put a dent in the contract market. I for 1 hate 24 month contracts and will look at buying one of these outright and have a rolling contract sim only.

Just need more stock :)

The surprisingly cheap Google Nexus 4 has obviously been a hit with consumers, with handset sporting an impressive quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 4.7-inch HD display, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera and NFC technology, all for ?239 for the 8GB model, or ?279 if you want 16GB inside.

Source

Yup, got completely shafted by Google. Must have had it in my basket at least 20 times, each time if failed on processing the order.

NOT HAPPY! :(

I know it's not ideal but better they have limits in place rather than committing themselves to orders that might take weeks and months to process,

**** you Google. Got on early this morning, tried to buy, checkout errored 5 times and binned my purchase. After that the buy option is gone, now just says "Notify me"

I was really excited, I was leaving iPhone to finally try Android and Googles incompetence prevents me from getting an order.

Look at the price, it is faster than Galaxy S3 the android phone of choice for half the price. You get pure android OS with no bloated crap and timely updates, the Nexus line usually gets the latest OS first.

**** you Google. Got on early this morning, tried to buy, checkout errored 5 times and binned my purchase. After that the buy option is gone, now just says "Notify me"

I was really excited, I was leaving iPhone to finally try Android and Googles incompetence prevents me from getting an order.

Say they had 100,000 units ready to ship and they get 1,000,000 purchase requests, what do you expect them to do?

Don't understand why this phone is such a big deal because according to the reviews it sucks.

Full review: http://www.pcmag.com...,2411822,00.asp

adlujI35.jpg%20

So the Cons are not that big.. but you consider it a poor rated phone? Not everyone uses AT&T, Takes Pictures/Videos and requires full HD, uses voice dialing, nor uses it as an icecube.

EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT

it doesnt say sucks there. or is it because you couldnt take it because your beloved phone is not selling the same??

It says: EXCELLENT but it is not EXCELLENT. Why have a phone with so many cons and slow data speed when there are way better alternatives out there?

To me something excellent is something that is perfect. This unit is not perfect so therefore whoever did the review is mistaken.

1. Mediocre camera and camcorder

2. Ineffective voice dialing

3. Gets warm (all phones do this so this is irrelevant)

4. Slow data speeds

Excellent? Really? Editor's Choice? - What a joke.

So the Cons are not that big.. but you consider it a poor rated phone? Not everyone uses AT&T, Takes Pictures/Videos and requires full HD, uses voice dialing, nor uses it as an icecube.

What do most people who own smart phones like this do with it?

1. Take pictures and videos to share on their stupid social networks. So this phone is useless for that.

2. Ineffective voice dialing - I guess you are screwed if you wanna go hands-free while driving.

3. Slow Data speeds - well there goes your Facebook surfing and everything else internet related.

It says: EXCELLENT but it is not EXCELLENT. Why have a phone with so many cons and slow data speed when there are way better alternatives out there?

To me something excellent is something that is perfect. This unit is not perfect so therefore whoever did the review is mistaken.

4. Slow data speeds

The quality-price ratio is excelent.

If you want a SIII you can go and fork twice the money but still the cons don't seem to be such deal breakers for most.

The issue with data speed is restricted to one single operator, and camera and camcorder can probably suffice considering they are still better than those of the previous Nexus phone (which didn't sell this cheap at launch).

1. Take pictures and videos to share on their stupid social networks. So this phone is useless for that.

2. Ineffective voice dialing - I guess you are screwed if you wanna go hands-free while driving.

3. Slow Data speeds - well there goes your Facebook surfing and everything else internet related.

1. Says it's mediocre, which means that it's your standard run of the mill camera, nothing 1080p HD crazy

2. Software updates can fix this, also shouldn't be talking on the phone while driving.

3. Slow Data speeds with AT&T, not other networks, also supports WiFI most places have wifi now.. so should all work fine.

4. Slow data speeds

Do you have to be such a troll? You can NEVER base any single product based on just one internet review. You have to read multiple. I personally like Android Central's review. It is a lot more in-depth, and provides camera/video samples, and such.

1) The camera is actually decent. PCMag has nothing to back that up with. Never once in the article does it mention the word 'camera'. It just is in the cons section. To me, PCMag is a disgrace to all thing computing and technology. If you're going to take real pictures, I would hope one uses a real camera rather than a cell phone camera. Bottom line is that it should be a better camera than the Galaxy Nexus.

2) Can be fixed later if it truly is a problem, but since this comes with Google Now, I have had great success with voice dialing.

3) It's 42 Mbps capable, depending on the carrier. That's not slow. Hell, the iPhone finally FINALLY got 4G, what a year and a half+ later than most other phones?

The major downside to this phone is storage. 8 and 16GB is absolutely pathetic, and leave to LG/Google to allow this to happen. We should have 32GB and more.

Do you have to be such a troll? You can NEVER base any single product based on just one internet review. You have to read multiple. I personally like Android Central's review. It is a lot more in-depth, and provides camera/video samples, and such.

1) The camera is actually decent. PCMag has nothing to back that up with. Never once in the article does it mention the word 'camera'. It just is in the cons section. To me, PCMag is a disgrace to all thing computing and technology. If you're going to take real pictures, I would hope one uses a real camera rather than a cell phone camera. Bottom line is that it should be a better camera than the Galaxy Nexus.

2) Can be fixed later if it truly is a problem, but since this comes with Google Now, I have had great success with voice dialing.

3) It's 42 Mbps capable, depending on the carrier. That's not slow. Hell, the iPhone finally FINALLY got 4G, what a year and a half+ later than most other phones?

The major downside to this phone is storage. 8 and 16GB is absolutely pathetic, and leave to LG/Google to allow this to happen. We should have 32GB and more.

OK according to Android Central, and to add to the list of cons:

The battery sucks

No SD or Micro SD Card Slot

No option for LTE Data

I think people will be better off with a Samsung Galaxy don't you think?

The only good thing about the Nexus is that you will always get the latest and greatest Android version first before anyone else. That's it.

4. Slow data speeds

1. Camera is better than the old Galaxy Nexus and is better and worse than Galaxy S3 at certain things

2. Hardly a killer selling point for phones

3. Slow data speeds COMPARED TO LTE, you still get a couple of megabits per second, thats hardly slow.

The battery sucks

No option for LTE Data

The only good thing about the Nexus is that you will always get the latest and greatest Android version first before anyone else. That's it.

Price.............in the UK the Nexus 4 is ?240, the Galaxy S3 is ?500 sim free. It beats S3 on performance, ok so it has IPS screen instead of AMOLED but it is higher resolution, matches the S3 camera wise, camcorder lacks behind but hardly killer selling point.

Sure they cut corners to keep the price down, IPS LCD instead of AMOLED, No SD Card, No LTE, but people who need that will go for a more expensive phone, the ones that don't get a industry leader matching phone for cheap.

The battery sucks

No option for LTE Data

The battery is alright, it's internal (ala iPhone design). It's sub-optimal, but with Wi-Fi, they got 18 hours of battery life with 3-5 hours of screen on time. That's pretty damn good, and a substantial improvement over the current Galaxy Nexus. You have to remember, this phone is the successor to the Galaxy Nexus, and it's better in most regards (except storage, and lack of LTE).

Google's current philosophy is trying to get manufacturers to stop adding expandable storage through MicroSD, hence the same issue for Galaxy Nexus. The one thing the Galaxy Nexus did have is 32 GB of internal storage (at least the Verizon Galaxy Nexus), as well as obviously an LTE model.

A lack of LTE is LG/Google's fault - but I can't blame them as Verizon as severely screwed up with the Galaxy Nexus. It may come down the road, who knows. Also, another amazing thing about the Nexus is no 'bloat' from the cell phone carriers, no manufacturer skins (aka: Touchwiz, Sense, Blur, etc.).

I think the average consumer would be better off with a Galaxy S3. For tech. enthusiasts, they'll probably want the Nexus phone.

The battery sucks

No option for LTE Data

android central doesnt say battery sucks. it says it not removable. iphone survived with all those.

like LTE is a big deal outside US. LTE is there pretty much in US and on verizon. this is GSM so no question of LTE yet.

good troll. why are you getting butt hurt because your wp didnt sell like this.

Unless you actually really need the extra storage you are far better off with a Nexus4 and the $300 difference in your wallet.

Say they had 100,000 units ready to ship and they get 1,000,000 purchase requests, what do you expect them to do?

I managed to get in before they sold out. However their site during the checkout phase was so unstable and crash-prone that it binned me out 5 times. If Google had kept up their end, I'd have successfully ordered the phone.