Nexus 4 sells out in less than 1hour in UK

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 HardyRexion

HardyRexion

Neowinian

• Phone: Yes. Galaxy S4

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:06

:woot: Amazing price for the specs and the demand seems to show it.

May put a dent in the contract market. I for 1 hate 24 month contracts and will look at buying one of these outright and have a rolling contract sim only.

Just need more stock :)

The surprisingly cheap Google Nexus 4 has obviously been a hit with consumers, with handset sporting an impressive quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 4.7-inch HD display, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front camera and NFC technology, all for £239 for the 8GB model, or £279 if you want 16GB inside.

Source

#2 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:14

Same in Spain. It actually sold out in about 10 minutes :laugh:

#3 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:23

I'd buy one if not the glass on the body, irreplaceable battery and no option for sd card expansion.

#4 Singh400

Singh400

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:01

Yup, got completely shafted by Google. Must have had it in my basket at least 20 times, each time if failed on processing the order.

NOT HAPPY! :(

#5 Pow

Pow

Neowinian

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:03

Same, kept erroring out, got a feeling it will be like a month till new stock

#6 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:08

Yup, got completely shafted by Google. Must have had it in my basket at least 20 times, each time if failed on processing the order.

NOT HAPPY! :(

I know it's not ideal but better they have limits in place rather than committing themselves to orders that might take weeks and months to process,

#7 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:20

**** you Google. Got on early this morning, tried to buy, checkout errored 5 times and binned my purchase. After that the buy option is gone, now just says "Notify me"

I was really excited, I was leaving iPhone to finally try Android and Googles incompetence prevents me from getting an order.

#8 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:22

It sold out in Australia too with in 1 hour. I expect US to be the same.

#9 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:29

Don't understand why this phone is such a big deal because according to the reviews it sucks.

Full review: http://www.pcmag.com...,2411822,00.asp

Posted Image

#10 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:31

Look at the price, it is faster than Galaxy S3 the android phone of choice for half the price. You get pure android OS with no bloated crap and timely updates, the Nexus line usually gets the latest OS first.

#11 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:33

Don't understand why this phone is such a big deal because according to the reviews it sucks.

EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT

it doesnt say sucks there. or is it because you couldnt take it because your beloved phone is not selling the same??

#12 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:35

**** you Google. Got on early this morning, tried to buy, checkout errored 5 times and binned my purchase. After that the buy option is gone, now just says "Notify me"

I was really excited, I was leaving iPhone to finally try Android and Googles incompetence prevents me from getting an order.

Say they had 100,000 units ready to ship and they get 1,000,000 purchase requests, what do you expect them to do?

#13 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:51

Posted Image

So the Cons are not that big.. but you consider it a poor rated phone? Not everyone uses AT&T, Takes Pictures/Videos and requires full HD, uses voice dialing, nor uses it as an icecube.

#14 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:53

Sure you liked to the correct review? if so going by that logic everything pcmag.com have reviewed must suck.

#15 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:57

EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT

it doesnt say sucks there. or is it because you couldnt take it because your beloved phone is not selling the same??

It says: EXCELLENT but it is not EXCELLENT. Why have a phone with so many cons and slow data speed when there are way better alternatives out there?

To me something excellent is something that is perfect. This unit is not perfect so therefore whoever did the review is mistaken.

1. Mediocre camera and camcorder
2. Ineffective voice dialing
3. Gets warm (all phones do this so this is irrelevant)
4. Slow data speeds

Excellent? Really? Editor's Choice? - What a joke.

So the Cons are not that big.. but you consider it a poor rated phone? Not everyone uses AT&T, Takes Pictures/Videos and requires full HD, uses voice dialing, nor uses it as an icecube.

What do most people who own smart phones like this do with it?

1. Take pictures and videos to share on their stupid social networks. So this phone is useless for that.
2. Ineffective voice dialing - I guess you are screwed if you wanna go hands-free while driving.
3. Slow Data speeds - well there goes your Facebook surfing and everything else internet related.