3 Windows 8 Themes - Taking Requests

win8

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 neiio

neiio

Neowinian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:03

Here are three brand new themes for Windows 8.

NITE SMOOTH
Posted Image

Slan8
Posted Image

Work
Posted Image

Hope you get a chance to check them out! :)

#2 cpl183

cpl183

Neowinian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:18

That are 3 nice looking skins. Do you plan on making them work at higher dpi settings? And the ribbon looks out of place, can't it be skinned too? I actually use it and don't want to disable it!

#3 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:22

I would personally love to see something based on the old Watercolor theme for the XP betas

#4 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:30

Man, I had the money in my hand yesterday to buy windows 8...dang priorities...I'd snap up your themes in a millisecond if I could get my hands on 8....that's pretty right there! :) :(

#5 OP neiio

neiio

Neowinian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:41

That are 3 nice looking skins. Do you plan on making them work at higher dpi settings? And the ribbon looks out of place, can't it be skinned too? I actually use it and don't want to disable it!

For now the skins are in their beta stages until Stylebuilder becomes more stable. So future updates to include DPI settings are possible.

I would personally love to see something based on the old Watercolor theme for the XP betas

As far as watercolor, that's a neat suggestion and gives me a cool idea, stay tuned.

#6 Sergey "hb860"

Sergey "hb860"

EdgeUI

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:27

nice themes. already tried 'work'.

#7 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:31

Color customization and taskbar transparency, as another set of the themes would be wonderful :D, excellent themes anyway!

#8 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:55

Through every themeable version of windows, I have yet to see a single dark theme that doesn't suffer from unfixable bugs with unreadable text in several situations where black text and dark background clash.

#9 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:01

I didn't think there was much in the way of skinning within win8 but those look nice, look forward to trying them out :)

#10 Reisen

Reisen

Touhou / vn fan

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:19

I like the look of the second one. I'll have to try it out.

I'd like to see a theme like the second one without any bugs and it would use the default windows dlls except for the ones needed to run a third party theme.

#11 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:39

Through every themeable version of windows, I have yet to see a single dark theme that doesn't suffer from unfixable bugs with unreadable text in several situations where black text and dark background clash.

This.... I've seen some really sexy dark themes that were amazing, up until I needed a system window (that was unchangeable through the normal font controls) and it would have black on black :(

MS's removal of the font controls is going to make this tougher to correct another themer's issues.

#12 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:03

Nite Smooth is good one. (Y)
It would've been awesome if the style of navigation buttons of explorer remained the same.
Great one nontheless

#13 RottGutt

RottGutt

I'm a geek. Deal with it.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 18:22

Hi neiio,

Thank you for these great themes, I am enjoying them all! I do have one request:

I like the Nite Smooth theme the best, but I prefer the way the Work theme's Explorer drive space bar looks. Kind of a transparent blue that lets the background show through. Can you implement this same effect in the Nite Smooth theme? I think this change would send the Nite Smooth theme over the top!

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks!

Tim

#14 OP neiio

neiio

Neowinian

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:35

Hi neiio,

Thank you for these great themes, I am enjoying them all! I do have one request:

I like the Nite Smooth theme the best, but I prefer the way the Work theme's Explorer drive space bar looks. Kind of a transparent blue that lets the background show through. Can you implement this same effect in the Nite Smooth theme? I think this change would send the Nite Smooth theme over the top!

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks!

Tim

Thanks I'll see what I can do.

#15 RottGutt

RottGutt

I'm a geek. Deal with it.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 19:38

neiio,

I just saw your iBaked theme over on Deviantart, and I must say it is SWEET! Will you be porting it over to Windows 8?

Tim