Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

win8 Windows 8 Bluescreens

11 posts in this topic

Posted

So my pretty fresh install of Windows 8 Pro (w/MCE) 64bit is crashing all the time out of sudden, the error the new sexy bluescreen gives me is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Before I go for the long testing-my-ram-trip I would ask around if anyone else is having these problems lately and I attached a few minidumps.

Dumps.zip

DxDiag.txt

Posted

After looking at the dump files, it does look like ram. Are you overclocking at all, turn that off first... but yeah, maybe memtest86+ it?

Posted

Not really overclocking it, I just use the XMP profile that my RAM provides. Guess it's memtest time :/

P.S: I attached my dxdiag log to the original log, looks like I forgot to do that.

Posted

I was having a similar issue that was pointing at memory, and it turned out to be a tweak I had done. I had changed some of the network stuff to enable faster resume times and better transmit/receive windows.

Turns out that my network card wasn't a fan of that and it was causing the actual BSOD's.

Have you done any tweaking of that kind?

Posted

I was having a similar issue that was pointing at memory, and it turned out to be a tweak I had done. I had changed some of the network stuff to enable faster resume times and better transmit/receive windows.

Turns out that my network card wasn't a fan of that and it was causing the actual BSOD's.

Have you done any tweaking of that kind?

Not that I remember, do you what you did exactly?

Also some googling revealed that it could be ASMedia drivers..

Posted

Always take out and Reseat RAM, before running a memtest -- you can get false error results.

Posted

This sounds nice, too

Turn off your Dropbox and see if it runs stable. I was having the same blue screen problem.

Posted

To clear this up and bring an end to the thread, I had a long memtest session and one of the sticks produced 400k errors in 1 hour. It's a Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz CL9 one, for reference. I ordered a new one :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Ouch...glad you got that sorted.

Posted

To clear this up and bring an end to the thread, I had a long memtest session and one of the sticks produced 400k errors in 1 hour. It's a Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz CL9 one, for reference. I ordered a new one :)

I have that memory. Hope mine don't fail!

Posted

yeah that'll do it :laugh: