Windows 8 Bluescreens

win8

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 .stan

.stan

Neowinian

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:13

So my pretty fresh install of Windows 8 Pro (w/MCE) 64bit is crashing all the time out of sudden, the error the new sexy bluescreen gives me is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Before I go for the long testing-my-ram-trip I would ask around if anyone else is having these problems lately and I attached a few minidumps.

Attached Files

#2 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:16

After looking at the dump files, it does look like ram. Are you overclocking at all, turn that off first... but yeah, maybe memtest86+ it?

#3 OP .stan

.stan

Neowinian

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:19

Not really overclocking it, I just use the XMP profile that my RAM provides. Guess it's memtest time :/

P.S: I attached my dxdiag log to the original log, looks like I forgot to do that.

#4 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:21

I was having a similar issue that was pointing at memory, and it turned out to be a tweak I had done. I had changed some of the network stuff to enable faster resume times and better transmit/receive windows.

Turns out that my network card wasn't a fan of that and it was causing the actual BSOD's.

Have you done any tweaking of that kind?

#5 OP .stan

.stan

Neowinian

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:25

I was having a similar issue that was pointing at memory, and it turned out to be a tweak I had done. I had changed some of the network stuff to enable faster resume times and better transmit/receive windows.

Turns out that my network card wasn't a fan of that and it was causing the actual BSOD's.

Have you done any tweaking of that kind?

Not that I remember, do you what you did exactly?

Also some googling revealed that it could be ASMedia drivers..

#6 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:25

Always take out and Reseat RAM, before running a memtest -- you can get false error results.

#7 OP .stan

.stan

Neowinian

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:27

This sounds nice, too

Turn off your Dropbox and see if it runs stable. I was having the same blue screen problem.

#8 OP .stan

.stan

Neowinian

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:56

To clear this up and bring an end to the thread, I had a long memtest session and one of the sticks produced 400k errors in 1 hour. It's a Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz CL9 one, for reference. I ordered a new one :)

#9 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:19

Ouch...glad you got that sorted.

#10 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:50

To clear this up and bring an end to the thread, I had a long memtest session and one of the sticks produced 400k errors in 1 hour. It's a Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz CL9 one, for reference. I ordered a new one :)

I have that memory. Hope mine don't fail!

#11 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:51

yeah that'll do it :laugh: