• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#106 OP spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 28 November 2012 - 13:43

another factually correct and fanboy free post coming from the one and only MS FUDtrooper, oops I mean Spudtrooper...... :pinch:

Ohhh.. Personal Attacks. Do you feel better about yourself now? Also, you used FUD in the wrong context.. FUD would be all the doom and gloomers who spread "fear" "uncertainty" and "doubt" about the success. 40 million isn't a failure, but hey, you can keep on pretending it is :)

#107 OP spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 13:53

The MS Investor conference is today and I believe the transcript of the investor conference from last night where this was announced may be over NDA after todays call at 8:00 PST.. Maybe they will have some more numbers for you guys to chew on.

#108 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:53

The MS Investor conference is today and I believe the transcript of the investor conference from last night where this was announced may be over NDA after todays call at 8:00 PST.. Maybe they will have some more numbers for you guys to chew on.

:pc:

#109 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 28 November 2012 - 19:02

Interesting, I want to see a 1 year sales of Windows 7 vs. Windows 8 (just the OS, not Surface tablets or anything else). I think early adopters have flocked, but it will have much slower growth overall compared to W7. Good to see people showing interest though!

#110 stockwiz

stockwiz

Neowinian

Posted 28 November 2012 - 19:16

when they charge such a good price it's to be expected. I myself purchased 3 product keys, looking at a 4th one. Doing that tends to bring pirates out of the woodwork, especially when the workaround to get the upgrade key to install cleanly is so easy. It's a win win for them, they can charge full price to all the honest folk, and still get revenue from people who otherwise wouldn't buy the OS if they had to pay 100 dollars for one product key.

#111 OP spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 November 2012 - 19:29

Interesting, I want to see a 1 year sales of Windows 7 vs. Windows 8 (just the OS, not Surface tablets or anything else). I think early adopters have flocked, but it will have much slower growth overall compared to W7. Good to see people showing interest though!

I'm just the opposite.. surprised by the initial 40 million and thinking it may actually increase as real devices hit the market - surface pro, later gen atoms, i3/i5/i7 systems and eventually Tegra 4 and more modern generation arm as well as a second generation of hardware (6-9 months down the road as oem's get experience) will just push sales.. I've said it a zillion times, there isn't much supply of tablets/touch screens/all in ones with windows 8 on the market yet really.

#112 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:46

MS reported vista sales and 7 sales in the same manner. This topic is how 8 sales compare to those. Nobody is saying 40M sales = 40M active W8 users.

Some here do seem to believe that.

#113 AnotherITguy

AnotherITguy

Neowinian

• Phone: Iphone 5C 16GB

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:35

Just updated to Windows 8 Pro on the desktop, and yes I did bring back the start menu with Classic shell, and after a few tweaks here and there, I am happy with the upgrade.

#114 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:11

Some here do seem to believe that.

That was the intent of Microsoft to spin it. Who gives a crap how many licenses are sold if those Windows 8 copies are not on consumer's machines and in use.

They are just spinning and each passing day we are getting more and more information that it's just that.. a spin to hide the real terrible SALES of Windows 8.

I'm going to believe more what OEMs are saying and how bad it is (the same OEMs that actually make a living of selling Windows hardware) rather than Microsoft in this case.

#115 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:36

That was the intent of Microsoft to spin it. Who gives a crap how many licenses are sold if those Windows 8 copies are not on consumer's machines and in use.

They are just spinning and each passing day we are getting more and more information that it's just that.. a spin to hide the real terrible SALES of Windows 8.

I'm going to believe more what OEMs are saying and how bad it is (the same OEMs that actually make a living of selling Windows hardware) rather than Microsoft in this case.

I'll look forward to you making the same argument next time Google make a big deal of the number of Android activations ;)

#116 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:49

This.

It's easy to sell 40 million of something when you force it on people purchasing a new computer.

That's half of it, but remember, Windows 7 was "forced" on people who bought new machines also. ;)

#117 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 29 November 2012 - 13:15

That's half of it, but remember, Windows 7 was "forced" on people who bought new machines also. ;)

This. No one seemed to care then, minus a few XP die hards. I wonder what happened to them. You don't see them around anymore.

#118 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 November 2012 - 14:04

I can't believe the number of people who are complaining about these sales figures when they are counted in exactly the same way as Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

It's sold well, deal with it.

#119 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

Posted 29 November 2012 - 14:06

I can't believe the number of people who are complaining about these sales figures when they are counted in exactly the same way as Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

Doesn't matter if they use the exact same way of showing us these figures as they did with XP, Vista or 7
It's MS and if they can bash them they will. It's much cooler. Ask Boz

#120 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 29 November 2012 - 17:55

or Android for that matter. If you live outside the US, in most markets majority phones are Android. People don't have much choice in smartphones.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!