Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

admaxey is the dude who is messing around with my stuff. Not sure if anyone looks at this forum anymore.

hey admaxey f*** you

He isn't going to mess with anybody's stuff any more.

i pop on every once and a while and deal with my crops however, i assume a lot of people are like me and just waiting for the 1.6 update so they can start over on the server wipe.

I've stopped coming on because I don't see the point in putting any more time in if we're going to be resetting the map. If we are still doing the reset I would prefer to do it sooner rather than later so I can get on with some building.

I've stopped coming on because I don't see the point in putting any more time in if we're going to be resetting the map. If we are still doing the reset I would prefer to do it sooner rather than later so I can get on with some building.

I agree. 1.6 could be months away who knows.

Horses only spawn in plains biomes generated in the current snapshots so if we do it too soon we will loose out on horses anywhere near spawn.

Horses only spawn in plains biomes generated in the current snapshots so if we do it too soon we will loose out on horses anywhere near spawn.

I hear ya, just going to sucks waiting and playing knowing all will be lost.

Well those that are still semi-active. Let me know what you want to do. I've not even restarted the server in weeks, due to little activity.

This is yalls server, just tell me what you want :p

Are any features being added with 1.6 that warrant a reset, I mean in terms of biomes and blocks? I don't really care about restarting, now or in several months, but I haven't hardly logged on because I haven't seen others online. Easier just to play on a local world.

Are any features being added with 1.6 that warrant a reset, I mean in terms of biomes and blocks? I don't really care about restarting, now or in several months, but I haven't hardly logged on because I haven't seen others online. Easier just to play on a local world.

Here is the current change list for 1.6 (i removed the hundreds of bug fixes)

1.6 General Additions
  • Resource pack system
    • Replaces the texture pack system.[1]
      • A conversion tool which converts texture packs into resource packs was released by Dinnerbone and is available here.[1]
    • Can combine multiple resource packs.[1]
    • Can contain:
    • New "missing texture" texture
  • Attribute system
    • Item attributes using NBT tags:
      • Attributes can be additive, subtractive and multiplicative using a set value
      • Some items have default modifiers in place of previously hard-coded attributes
      • Examples of possible changes players could make: A bow that slows the holder, a helm that buffs health, etc.
    • Entity attributes:
      • These properties can now be changed as easily as any other NBT attribute
      • Entity speed, base health, base attack
    • Other properties like weapon damage/bow draw speed/sword swing speed are yet to follow
  • Splash screens
    • "HURNERJSGER"
    • "What's up Doc?"
Improvements & changes
  • Support for Java 5 and PowerPC users will be dropped[4][5]
    • If you have a PowerPC based computer and/or Java 5 installed, a warning will be shown at the main menu.
  • Internal chat system
    • Lots of messages should be translated now that were not previously
    • Messages are now better modularized
    • Server messages can be sent by their code-defined name, allowing the client to utilize the correct translation according to their language settings
    • Color can be specifically designated, preventing leakage into further messages
  • Launcher
    • Increases performance and stability
    • Allows LWJGL to be updated, fixing many launcher bugs
    • Supports multiple versions/installs[6]
    • Self updatable.[6]
    • New password storing system [7]
    • More user friendly.[8]
    • A major step towards the Plugin API.[8]
Gameplay Additions
  • Status effects
    • Health Boost effect
      • Gives player 4 (9px-Empty_Heart.svg.png9px-Empty_Heart.svg.png) base health; extra health vanishes when the effect ends
      • Can be acquired ingame by the command /effect <playername> 21 <duration in seconds> <amplifier>
    • Absorption effect
      • Gives player 4 (9px-Heart.svg.png9px-Heart.svg.png) "absorption" health that cannot be replenished by natural regeneration or other effects, but would return every 30 seconds, regardless of the state of the rest of the health bar; extra health vanishes when the effect ends
      • Can be acquired ingame by the command /effect <playername> 22 <duration in seconds> <amplifier> or by eating either tier of Golden Apple
  • Commands
    • /spreadplayers
      • Spreads certain players from an origin point
      • Has a Max Spread and Minimum Distance from player to player
      • Can be used with the teams scoreboard functionality to spread team members to the same location
  • Gamerules
    • naturalRegeneration
      • Toggles natural health regeneration
    • doDayllightCycle
      • Toggles the day-night cycle (the sun stops moving and stays where it is)
Improvements & changes
  • Riding mounts
    • When riding a mob, its health is on the Heads-up display
    • When riding on an entity, dismounting has changed from right-clicking the entity to using the Sneak key (? Left Shift by default)
    • Boat controls have been changed from the A, S, and D keys to mouse control
  • Respiration enchantment
    • Now also helps seeing underwater
  • Changed the idea of mob difficulty[9]
    • Regional difficulty: The longer you spend in one area, the harder it gets
    • Scales with difficulty - items, enchants or AI improve with difficulty
  • Tooltips
    • Added extra tooltip info in the search tab for the creative inventory, which shows what category a block/item is in
    • Tooltips for swords, pickaxes, shovels, axes, and potions show how much damage the sword/tool does and what effect a potion will give
Blocks & items Additions
  • Horse Armor
  • Horse Spawn Egg
    • Works like any other spawn egg
    • Just like naturally spawned Horses, these Horses will have one of seven base colours and one of five variations of markings
    • Sometimes a Donkey will be spawned instead
  • Hay Block
    • Can be placed in all orientations
    • Crafted with wheat in a 3x3 arrangement
  • Lead
    • Can be used to bind mobs to fences or lead them around
    • Right click mob first, then right-click fence or right-click the mob again to get the leash back
    • Crafted with 4 string and 1 slimeball, yields 2 leads
  • Carpets
    • Crafted with 2 colors of wool in a horizontal line, yields 3 carpets
    • Can be placed on any block (even translucent ones)
  • Name Tag
    • Found in dungeon chests
    • Name it with an anvil then right click a mob to name animals
  • Hardened Clay
  • Stained Clay
  • Block of Coal
    • Crafted with 3x3 coal.
    • Crafted only with coal, not charcoal.
    • Can be used as furnace fuel and smelts 80 items, more than 9 coal (72 smelted items).
Improvements & changes
  • Charcoal
    • Retextured, with more brown shading to differentiate from coal
  • Lapis Lazuli Block
    • Retextured subtly, it now has a border around it
  • Saddle
    • Are now used for both horse and pig [10]
  • Redstone Comparator
    • Now give out a signal for Cauldrons and End Portal frames depending on their state
      • Cauldrons give from zero signal (empty) to three signal strength (full) depending on water inside
      • End Portal frame varies between zero and fifteen signal strength, depending on if an Eye of Ender is present
  • Golden Apple
    • Golden apples now require gold ingots instead of gold nuggets to craft
    • Golden apples now give Regeneration II for 10 seconds and both tiers give Absorption for 1 min 30 seconds
  • Glistering Melon
    • Glistering melons now require 8 gold nuggets
  • Potions
    • Balanced potions to improve gameplay
      • Instant Health nerfed by 33% (heals only 4 health points/2 hearts at level I)
      • Regeneration nerfed by 50% (takes 50 ticks/2.5 seconds to restore 1 health point/.5 heart at level I)Verify
      • Invisibility potions now work better with teams
  • Spawn Eggs
    • Spawn eggs work on water
Mobs Additions
  • Various new mobs[11]
  • Horses
    • Must be tamed before use
    • Ridable by right-clicking them with a saddle - Hold the jump key to fill up their jump bar, release it to jump accordingly, steer them by using the usual movement keys - maximum movement speed and jump height differ between horses
    • Have various amounts of maximum health - Regenerates naturally, but wheat can be used to speed it up
    • When killed they drop leather, as well as any equipment that they were wearing
    • Can be bred using wheat - Baby horses can be grown using apples, golden apples and wheat
    • There is a Zombie and Skeleton version of the horse included in the code, although they require NBT editing to view in game
    • Creation assisted by DrZhark
  • Donkeys
    • Like horses, but smaller and grey, and can carry chests on their saddles that can be opened if sneaking and then right-clicking the donkey or mule. The chest has 15 inventory slots.
  • Mules
    • Similar to donkeys, just brown and taller than a normal donkey
    • Obtained by breeding a horse and a donkey
    • Can wear chests on their saddles, just like donkeys
    • Not breedable with horses, donkeys, or other mules
Improvements & changes
  • Zombies
    • Now have a small chance to spawn additional zombies when damaged or not being looked at
    • Able to lock onto the player from much further away.
    • Mobbing zombies can now move when further than 32 blocks from player.
  • Pigs
    • Pigs now show their health bar when riding on it.
  • Villagers
    • Now have sounds.
  • Spiders
    • Now have a chance to spawn with potion effects
World Generation Additions Improvements & changes
  • Deserts
    • No longer contain water lakes
  • The Nether
    • Added chest generation in Nether Fortresses[12]

•  

5fps?

Or have we upgraded yet :p

Hah :P I upgraded a while ago I set Optifine to limit to 30fps.

if I uncap it without mods I've hit 550fps :laugh:

If anyone is interested. I took these pictures a while back.

I've uploaded them all up here. When i'm back on the server. I'll take some more

Survival

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8k0w9gmhnizofv2/JoMkiHYACz

Creative

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ufgn0ukng5nmze/2NJTz_2ho8?m#/

All these months and my house looks no different :laugh:

Crisp's house is unrecognisable :rofl:

The Minecraft 1.6 'horses' update is coming next week: http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/post/53355081580/whats-happening-at-mojang

Which brings us back to the question asked in https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1155052-neowin-minecraft-server-reset-the-map-yay-or-nay/ : Reset the whole map or leave it as is? 

Personally I'm fine with a full reset, building a new spawn (Chasethebase has been building something we could use on the creative world) and going from there. What do the rest of you think?

• Like 1

Another question is whether we should have both survival and creative again or just survival and creative upon request

I don't know whether we should mix the Surv and Creative worlds without some sort of worldprotect plugin. It's still a bit dodgy because if a mod doesn't come online to protect someone's diamond house in time, and someone griefs it, you can't do anything. Better to keep them separate.

Also protection should be available in Survival. These are the plugins which the nerd.nu servers (Reddit's servers)

2013-06-19_20.24.06.png

I agree with Chase, If we can get a good protection plugin then we could merge them.

But.. should there be a restriction on the types of creative builds allowed in survival?

Perhaps a nice big area for them to build anything they like and any builds outside of that area would have to fit in with the environment?

ruins, abandoned shacks, statues and other buildings would be cool to find out in the wild but giant pixel art would look out of place :o

Just throwing ideas out there :rofl:

While I'm in the posting mood..

DhM5gbb.jpg

My first Proper Minecraft Blender Render, It took 12 hours for my old 1.5ghz apu to render shadows that didn't look like static :laugh: