Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

I hadn't played on the old server for very long, I'm happy to help if you're willing to whitelist me. User id is steve_kew.

I hadn't played on the old server for very long, I'm happy to help if you're willing to whitelist me. User id is steve_kew.

Added.

Loons like things are going smoothly as soon as I get home I will work a bit more on the spawn.

In terms of rail, I'm going to set up a rail station at spawn soon. I have found the End Portal (but recommend not entering it yet), which I will link to spawn via rail. Do people prefer overground or underground rails?

In terms of rail, I'm going to set up a rail station at spawn soon. I have found the End Portal (but recommend not entering it yet), which I will link to spawn via rail. Do people prefer overground or underground rails?

Underground rails. Overground railways tend to clutter the landscape.

• Like 2

If I can be re-whitelisted I would like to help out with the new spawn. I was setup way in the back before trying to avoid the greefers until they found me. Username is zippoboy7

Spawn looks a lot different now, spent another 3 hours building yesterday, had to go to bed was shattered. :)

I was still playing around 11PM EST last night and I am happy with where this new server is started. It has a more open and friendly atmosphere than the old one did, Very excited to see where people go with it. OH and Amazingly named horses.

I was still playing around 11PM EST last night and I am happy with where this new server is started. It has a more open and friendly atmosphere than the old one did, Very excited to see where people go with it. OH and Amazingly named horses.

Horses spawn very far from the spawn point? 

So I started to notice last night when I tried converting a few texture packs that the provided texture pack converter for 1.6 did not function for me all night, Then I got to looking into how to create a texture pack and it looks like there has to be a configuration file that goes with it. And the Texture pack converter that Mojang provides does not create that file. Ended up having to recreate my texture pack :(

If anyone does not know this is where you get the Texture Pack converter, perhaps you will have better luck.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/utilities/TextureEnder.jar

i am not certain if the site would allow this however, would there be a way to create a page under "More" in the header and list the Minecraft server, complete with Server information (up / down status, server IP, current load.), Map link, basic rules, and a form for people to submit their Neowin username and Minecraft username for request for whitelisting, that way people are not missed in the forum and it keeps all the information in one convenient location, then we can use the forum page for discussion and image posting and whatnot.

• Like 2

Oh man! Wish I could play online right now but we need to get the Server upgraded to 1.6.1. Additionally, can I get re-whitelisted? Username: cpressland