Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

The server seems to have been dead for a few days now. Every time I look to join there is no-one playing. With no admins around its impossible to get Creative mode, and thus continue the work on the amusement park. Maybe it's time to reconsider the ban on command blocks?

Anyway, I'm about to go away for nearly 2 weeks so you probably won't see me online for a while.

I play entirely in survival - and will continue too. I've just been getting over vertigo, so haven't been on as a result of that. 3D games still make my head spin a bit.

I know it's a poor excuse not having creative, but some builds just aren't practical without it. I'm currently working on a tower that is 250 blocks high, and lined with coloured wool. That's a little over 5000 wool blocks, dyed in 7 different colours. Collecting that much wool is hard enough. Working safely at that height just adds to the problems. ;)

Please don't take this as me moaning. I'm not. I'm very grateful for this server being made available to us, and for the admins helping out when they can. If the decision was made that this server was going to be purely Survival from now on I wouldn't have a problem, and I'd still play - I built virtually all my compound in survival after all.

I play entirely in survival - and will continue too. I've just been getting over vertigo, so haven't been on as a result of that. 3D games still make my head spin a bit.

I'm not a fan of heights (I know that's not the same as vertigo), and crafting at the top of tall structures in Minecraft has made me pause and 'get a grip' on more than a few occasions. If I'm in creative (or when I'm playing Tekkit and have a flying ring) it's much less of a problem for me as I know I'm safe.

I know it's a poor excuse not having creative, but some builds just aren't practical without it. I'm currently working on a tower that is 250 blocks high, and lined with coloured wool. That's a little over 5000 wool blocks, dyed in 7 different colours. Collecting that much wool is hard enough. Working safely at that height just adds to the problems. ;)

Please don't take this as me moaning. I'm not. I'm very grateful for this server being made available to us, and for the admins helping out when they can. If the decision was made that this server was going to be purely Survival from now on I wouldn't have a problem, and I'd still play - I built virtually all my compound in survival after all.

Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly give you creative mode when I can - it's difficult to do while I'm at work is all. Slap one of the other ops (i.e. Timan, Laura, Chasethebase, Louisifer) if it's urgent. 

I do hit up any admin (usually Louisifer), but recently the server has been completely empty when I check.

Right now however it seems to be dead. Can't log in, nor open the online map. :(

I do hit up any admin (usually Louisifer), but recently the server has been completely empty when I check.

Right now however it seems to be dead. Can't log in, nor open the online map. :(

The map is being sluggish and just threw up an internal error :o

I do check the map every couple of hours to check for players but as you've said it has been empty last day or two :(

If creative is needed and you have steam you can msg me (Louisifer) and I'll pop on :P

Is there a way for someone to completely destroy my build and its contents?

I want to start a fresh somewhere new.

I'll be able to do that for you, I'm currently experiencing read timeouts though :(

I'll be able to do that for you, I'm currently experiencing read timeouts though :(

I was getting that too. I'm on the server now though.

Edit: ok it just kicked me

Timan Has been notified and will sort it when he can :D

I'm already on it - trying to see if a server restart will help.

i dont know i hit print screen and put it in pant so maby

Press F1 to remove the HUD and then press F2. That will take a screenshot of the game for you.

They'll be in you .minecraft/screenshots folder

Press F1 to remove the HUD and then press F2. That will take a screenshot of the game for you.

They'll be in you .minecraft/screenshots folder

o ok thanks ill try to do it agen later

Hello fellow Minecraftians!

Could I get my mates son whitelisted on the server?

his name is :- ItsMagma

He's a bit new to Minecraft but i've told him the rules of the server and told him if he doesn't obey he will be banned and his dad will clip him around the ear. lol

He's harmless, and should be no bother. Just give him a helping hand if I am not around. :)

Appreciated.

y is no one on any more?

Maybe because people work?  I am normally on at night and during days sometimes, but yes the server has become rather empty lately/

I'm not on as often as I used to because of work keeping me rather busy. I'll see if I can come on more often soon.

Nuculi: I can whitelist your friend as soon as I'm home, i.e. in about 8 hours from now.

i still come on it

sometimes i dont manage due to RL commitments

babies keep u busy lol