• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,500 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:13

This person brought up some very good points. Sadly, he failed to support his argument and fell short for several reasons. Most of which, by the end, he admitted to only using Windows 8 for 30 minutes (so much for using it for "30 days," which he inappropriately used in the beginning to enhance his credibility). That, along with his style of presentation, makes it too easy to disregard what he had to say.

#32 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,657 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:17

I stopped when he started crying about the weather application popping up and not knowing how to close it facepalm

#33 ozzy76

ozzy76

Neowinian

• 896 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:19

Window 8, not Windows 8 :whistle:

#34 +Rudnartim

Rudnartim

Neowinian

• 644 posts
  • Phone: HTC Trophy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:19

He sounds like the bald kidnapper from The Princess Bride

#35 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,844 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:27

windows 8 is trash and i'm keeping my parents and family away from it.

I can't stand people saying this. just because you're a little more technological doesn't mean you should force people around you to use what you want them to use

let them make their own decision on whether or not they like Windows 8 if they happen to get a new computer

#36 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,996 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:31

I stopped when he started crying about the weather application popping up and not knowing how to close it facepalm

As a first time user of Windows 8 how was he suppose to know how to close it.. seeing how all the menu's to do so are HIDDEN!

#37 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,657 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:34

As a first time user of Windows 8 how was he suppose to know how to close it.. seeing how all the menu's to do so are HIDDEN!

I agree it requires some (less than the ribbon) learning on the users part. But this is apparently completely stopping him from using the os ?

#38 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,996 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 20:36

I agree it requires some (less than the ribbon) learning on the users part. But this is apparently completely stopping him from using the os ?

It is frustrating when you try to do the simplest task and you have to stop and think. "Computer" is a great example/ I'm so use to clicking start / computer (i'm talking about defaults) ...on 8 I had to stop and think...oh I have to click on explorer then computer...or right click some crap. I liked start / computer.

#39 Ikshaar

Ikshaar

Neowinian

• 299 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 21:28

Well I tend to agree with OP. This is the typical reaction of first 30 minutes on Windows 8. Mine was similar. No obvious sign of how to close those full screen apps, unclear how to trigger the charm bar, which in itself is not very well done, lack of start button is of course dismal decision - now I have to pin everything I want to the taskbar.

Sure after a longer use and countless google search I got most answers, and I downloaded a Start Menu replacement.

Windows 8 without Metro UI would be an ok system. But it is still largely a failed move IMHO on the UI part. There is no way I will deploy that in work place until some of its UI is improved. Windows 7 is here to stay.

#40 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

• 7,835 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 21:45

Funny vid, I could absolutely relate to the farting goblin experience. :laugh:

Why was this moved?! As long as you promise to move the game reviews from Zero Punctuation here too I'll let it slide.

#41 scooterman

scooterman

Neowinian

• 74 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 21:45

This guy is an idiot. The only issue ive had with win8 is on the modern apps printers are listed under devices. that took me a few seconds to figure out. My wife just got a surface and she finds it tons easier to use than her mac book we basically just gave away.

#42 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,498 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 22:44

I can't stand people saying this. just because you're a little more technological doesn't mean you should force people around you to use what you want them to use

let them make their own decision on whether or not they like Windows 8 if they happen to get a new computer

if my family didn't expect me to be their technical support i wouldn't really care. Since i am my whole families technical support I think I should have a bit of pull. I've had zero software issues to resolve since getting everyone on windows 7. I'm not going to go back to answering inane question on how to do to basic **** that was obvious in the previous version.

#43 thechronic

thechronic

Neowinian Senior

• 2,018 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 22:58

must the guy insist on using words that draw attention to his speech impediment.

#44 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,896 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 23:23

now we just gotta find a way to keep people like you out of windows 8 threads.

Yeah, because how dare people have opinions that differ from your own. It's not like this is a discussion forum or something where people are meant to discuss their differing opinions.

Just get those people with differing opinions from my own the hell out of here. We don't need any of that nonsense 'round here. (Y)

#45 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,788 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 21 December 2012 - 23:37

This would be funny if it wasn't sad and INACCURATE (in narrator's style copied from ZeroP)

I watched the whole thing a little bit ago. I wouldn't brush the whole OS off so quickly as he did, but I thought for the most part he's pretty spot on about a lot of the UI design problems with Windows 8. Especially if you try and look at it from the stand point of a pretty novice user.

Oh great, this is my leet post.... guess I won't be able to respond to counter arguments folks ;)

He is just a stupid moron - Windows 8 might have some problems but his 4Cs are not those. It is not unusable by any standards.

I do say he's trying to hard to be Zero Punctuation, and fails miserably at it.

pretty much my reaction.

Window 8, not Windows 8 :whistle:

Why? I am running two apps side by side right now.

Alt + F4 wasn't introduced new in Windows 8. He is not a novice Windows user by his own admission.