• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#166 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 502 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:57

I hate to say this but I'm starting to think Sandy Hook might have been staged.

However I don't think the goal was gun control,  I think its an attempt to ban video games outright.   There's even a member of the US government that hates video games, you pay the right people, and make up stories.... you get the idea.

#167 Juddy

Juddy

formerly compl3x

• 7,794 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:49

But what would be the point of banning games? If you're staging a massacre, you know the cause isn't violent video games. I cannot comprehend the motivation behind this.

#168 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• 1,154 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:34

However I don't think the goal was gun control,  I think its an attempt to ban video games outright.   There's even a member of the US government that hates video games, you pay the right people, and make up stories.... you get the idea.

Mind....Hurts....Cant....

Seriously? You're not trolling?

#169 illage3

illage3

Apprentice Game Designer

• 502 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:57

Mind....Hurts....Cant....

Seriously? You're not trolling?

Nope not at all.   I wish I could remember the guys name who hates video games. I knew he tried (and failed) to run for president.

#170 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• 1,154 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:01

Nope not at all.   I wish I could remember the guys name who hates video games. I knew he tried (and failed) to run for president.

So this one chap who has a general dislike for video games managed to organise a series of events silently to kill 30 children of their own in some attempt to get rid of video games. Well I suppose those public campaigns never help anything.

Jesus absolutely ****ing christ. What is happening to this world.

#171 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,813 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:00

So do you think some of the 'victims' may still be alive, somewhere ?

#172 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,100 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:03

I am NOT taking the bait on this thread. never mind... let a dead dog lay as he does.. :whistle:

#173 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,212 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:19

I am NOT taking the bait on this thread. never mind... let a dead dog lay as he does.. :whistle:

These type of threads are a government conspiracy so that the government can keep a list of everyone who is a government conspiracy theorist. :)

In all honesty visiting the threads in these forums and reading some of the responses are a good way of seeing ones true self and a good gauge of who's crazy on here and who's not.

#174 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,813 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 00:16

^ Oh ? I did not know you are a professional psychiatrist. ;)

#175 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,097 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 00:44

But what would be the point of banning games? If you're staging a massacre, you know the cause isn't violent video games. I cannot comprehend the motivation behind this.

Why do people blame race for small issues that have no race relation? Why do people blame God for bad stuff that happens even when they don't believe in God? Why does the US Congress pass laws without reading them? Why do I love drinking scotch?

Cause people are ######ed up is all. Every person alive has an agenda - no matter how big or small - and they will exploit things to further it no matter what. Look at the Colombine shooting and blaming doom back in the days. No one wants to take responsibility or call people out as 'bad', so they blame something else.

In a lot of cases, people go after what they don't like, even if it is totally unrelated, due to the fact they know people are looking to place blame. Hell, politicians do it daily.

#176 Juddy

Juddy

formerly compl3x

• 7,794 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 00:50

Why do people blame race for small issues that have no race relation? Why do people blame God for bad stuff that happens even when they don't believe in God? Why does the US Congress pass laws without reading them? Why do I love drinking scotch?

Cause people are ****ed up is all. Every person alive has an agenda - no matter how big or small - and they will exploit things to further it no matter what. Look at the Colombine shooting and blaming doom back in the days. No one wants to take responsibility or call people out as 'bad', so they blame something else.

In a lot of cases, people go after what they don't like, even if it is totally unrelated, due to the fact they know people are looking to place blame. Hell, politicians do it daily.

No atheist I know blames a god they don't believe in for bad things that happen. I thin you might be talking out your backside on that one.

That aside, it still doesn't address my point: arguing someone deliberately staged a brutal massacre of children to ban games is ridiculous. Using a massacre to whip up fear about games wasn't the point the other person made, that's different.

#177 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,097 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:37

No atheist I know blames a god they don't believe in for bad things that happen. I thin you might be talking out your backside on that one.

That aside, it still doesn't address my point: arguing someone deliberately staged a brutal massacre of children to ban games is ridiculous. Using a massacre to whip up fear about games wasn't the point the other person made, that's different.

Oh, so if you don't know any atheist that blames God? Well then, you must know them all... and have to suggest I am talking out my backside? Seriously. Do you corner the market on all atheists?

Yeah, yeah my point did. People use things to whip up fury all the time, even when it doesn't have direct correlation. Seriously, it isn't hard to assume that someone can twist any act of violence into furthering their goal... that was the point.

Think about it... Kill 50 people and claim it was that someone had orange on and try to outlaw the color orange from public use. Or heck, have 20 kids killed and try and outlaw guns and games and bubble gum... when you have unlimited money and weapons and time and agents... well, you get the point.

That said, do I think that it was staged to get rid of games... no, but your question was how/why someone would do that... and that is EASY to see.

#178 Juddy

Juddy

formerly compl3x

• 7,794 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:06

Oh, so if you don't know any atheist that blames God? Well then, you must know them all... and have to suggest I am talking out my backside? Seriously. Do you corner the market on all atheists?

No. But how does one blame something they don't believe exists? Nothing even remotely logical there. If you blame a god for bad things happening you must believe that god exists, so in what capacity are you an atheist? 

Do people who don't believe in astrology also blame their misfortune or credit the fortune to the stars? No.

#179 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,097 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:21

No. But how does one blame something they don't believe exists? Nothing even remotely logical there. If you blame a god for bad things happening you must believe that god exists, so in what capacity are you an atheist? 

Do people who don't believe in astrology also blame their misfortune or credit the fortune to the stars? No.

Sigh. I love how out of everything, you want to argue that people that don't believe in something can't blame something.... think about that really quick in light of everything that was said in the posts, and in terms of logic.

You will see how silly your questions and comments are.

#180 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,140 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:37

How do you stage a shooting in a real place with real people? Wouldn't there be a bunch of bewildered people saying that the victims never existed? Imagine if they cooked up a story of a shooting at your college. It was all over the news. A bunch of people died.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!