• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:36

So I'm likely installing Windows 8 tomorrow...If I understand correctly StartisBack and Start8 don't really change the features of Windows 8 and isn't as drastic as running a custom ROM on my Android. They simply bring back the start menu?

you are correct

#17 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:45

what i'm saying is that classic shell loads a service of its own and the code to the menus is entirely new, its bloated compared to StartIsBack, but not a bloat itself.

I have an i7 with 32GB RAM so if it is adding any load I'm not noticing it, plus I'm not in the Start menu "that" much. But when I am, it's much preferred tot he Start Page especially search. I also like all the options. I'd rather have this than just the regular Windows 7 Start menu. I have not tried the others you mentioned and I'm sure they are fine, but this is just very well made, feature filled, and does what I want. No performance or bloat issues but like I said, I wouldn't notice any minor issues anyway.

#18 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:55

I don't use a Start Menu replacement however I have tried Start8 and must say its pretty awesome on how well it emulates the legacy Start menu.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!