• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:36

So I'm likely installing Windows 8 tomorrow...If I understand correctly StartisBack and Start8 don't really change the features of Windows 8 and isn't as drastic as running a custom ROM on my Android. They simply bring back the start menu?

you are correct

#17 OP MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:45

what i'm saying is that classic shell loads a service of its own and the code to the menus is entirely new, its bloated compared to StartIsBack, but not a bloat itself.

I have an i7 with 32GB RAM so if it is adding any load I'm not noticing it, plus I'm not in the Start menu "that" much. But when I am, it's much preferred tot he Start Page especially search. I also like all the options. I'd rather have this than just the regular Windows 7 Start menu. I have not tried the others you mentioned and I'm sure they are fine, but this is just very well made, feature filled, and does what I want. No performance or bloat issues but like I said, I wouldn't notice any minor issues anyway.

#18 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 22 January 2013 - 23:55

I don't use a Start Menu replacement however I have tried Start8 and must say its pretty awesome on how well it emulates the legacy Start menu.