I take it thats just a typo? As it should be C:\DWM
No black screen here, but I do not get the configuration window shown above, all I get is this...
PC froze for a bit when I went to the start screen to launch the sniping tool.
Those two last lines about aero glass being loaded were not there before the freeze.
I just tried to run it in 8 Enterprise x64 in VMWare and Windows told me the program could not be run on this machine, or the machine did not support the program, something along those lines
Maybe VMWare drivers are not supported
There is a changelog for version 0.3, maybe this broke it
Info from Big Muscle for this current build.
* removed dependency on C:\DWM folder
* loop for layered windows chained into DWM main window's timer
* set lower interval for setting layered windows
* fixed crash for application which do not like WS_EX_LAYERED to be set too early (e.g. Windows Paint)
* fixed a few memory leaks
* added temporary workaround for iTunes (it will be removed in the future!!!)
* added some new EXPERIMENTAL registry settings:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM (no user-specific settings now!)
DisableDebugLog (DWORD) = when set to 1, it disables logging to file. NOT RECOMMENDED!!!
ForceBoundingRectangleRedraw (DWORD) = when set to 1, layered windows technique will be disabled completely. Instead of it, it tries to repaint whole bounding rectangle of the window texture (with respect to clipping area). This settings is for users who don't like layered windows but I don't recommend to use it at all, because it has not been tested much, you won't see totally obscured objects in transparent area and it brings a lot of redraw glitches (so do not complain about them)!!!