• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:27

Posted Image

Long one of the world's most popular gaming franchises, EA will be skipping Nintendo's Wii U for its Madden games this year.

The company released Madden NFL 2013 for the console last year, but the new Madden NFL 25 will not be making an appearance.

Speaking to Nintendo World Report, an EA rep says "we will not be releasing a Wii U version of Madden NFL in 2013. However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo and will continue to evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans in the future."

The news is certainly not good for Nintendo, who has struggle mightily to sell Wii U consoles.

http://www.afterdawn..._game_this_year

#2 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:03

At this rate the Wii U is going to end up as a dedicated Mario and Zelda machine. We've already seen retailers slash the price of the Wii U for the second time in the six months since launch and Nintendo really needs to be doing more to attract third-party games if it hopes to compete, especially those with a history of being multi-platform like Madden. Things will only get more difficult in the future when games are developed primarily for the PS4 and X720, as the Wii U simply doesn't have the power to compete with them. Nintendo still doesn't have an exclusive core FPS to rival Halo or Killzone, nor a racing game to rival Forza or Gran Turismo.

Nintendo produces a lot of quality games but the audience is simply too limited with the company's current approach. I think it would be better for gamers if Nintendo followed the example of Sega and moved entirely into software development, especially considering that Nintendo has a much stronger collection of IP.

#3 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:22

I've not seen any price cut for the Nintendo Wii U around here, still sell at the same price. Same thing for the PS Vita, still $249 here. Both console don't sell well....

Nintendo will have to do something soon, the new Xbox and PS4 are going to kill any chance they have.

#4 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:48

3DS had poor sales till they cut the price in the UK, its a bit of a slap in the face for those of us who bought it for £300 not that long ago, but once it starts getting price cuts it should start to take off.

Nintendo has always been the Mario and Zelda machine for a good few generations now, with devs focusing on next-gen I don't see the Wii U being any different than the Wii.

#5 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:40

Retailers around here didn't slash the prices of the Wii U, it's still the same price as when it came out... you'd think Wal-Mart would of done it also if Asda did it as they are the same company now... but nope, Wal-Mart didn't lower the price basic is still $299 and deluxe is still $350...

#6 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:19

But, pay $299 or $350 to play only Mario and Zelda? Not for me. I'm quite able to skip those 2 and skip the Wii U.

#7 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:34

Typical EA BS

#8 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:39

Hardly BS, why waste hundreds of thousands of dollars porting the game to Wii U with such a small install base. It hasn't even broke 3m sales yet, even the Vita has sold nearly 2m more.

#9 este

este

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:44

Don't forget Metroid.... Wii U needs another strong Metroid game, the sooner the better :)

#10 +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:49

"EA decides not to rip off gamers on Wii U with another version of the same game"

Sounds like a GOOD thing to me.... :)

#11 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:51

Don't blame EA, Blame the user base of the Wii-U, If they cannot make a profit off of it then they wont do it, simple business practice.

#12 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 13:32

E----A----- SPORTS..... *whispers* it's still the same game!

#13 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 03 May 2013 - 13:53

Hardly BS, why waste hundreds of thousands of dollars porting the game to Wii U with such a small install base. It hasn't even broke 3m sales yet, even the Vita has sold nearly 2m more.

There is also a 9 month difference in the 2 release dates. I cant say I blame EA, I mean Madden would most likely be the last game I would ever pick up for the Wii U

#14 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 May 2013 - 15:39

There is also a 9 month difference in the 2 release dates. I cant say I blame EA, I mean Madden would most likely be the last game I would ever pick up for the Wii U

yet Madden or any football (American) game would make the most sense on the Wii U because you have the second screen to do your "secret" play making on it I duno, just seems like one of those things that would actually work with the 2nd screen to me

#15 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 03 May 2013 - 16:00

yet Madden or any football (American) game would make the most sense on the Wii U because you have the second screen to do your "secret" play making on it I duno, just seems like one of those things that would actually work with the 2nd screen to me

Oh, I def agree that there are some cool things that can be done, like hot routes and almost make your own plays. Madden has just become a huge online type game and people are going to stick with the standard controller and play against your friends on xbl or psn.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!