Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

netflix 'Hemlock Grove' going to be renewed?

9 posts in this topic

95.png

Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos and VP original programming Cindy Holland recently gave a fascinating interview to The Hollywood Reporter on Netflix?s past, present and future models of original programming, among the discussion an acknowledgement of ?Hemlock Grove?s differing tastes and renewal prospects. Clarifying that they?re ?hearing the pitches for the second season with plotlines and storylines now,? Sarandos said of ?Hemlock Grove?s appeal:

Hemlock is much more polarizing [than House of Cards]; you either love it or hate it. The crossover for the people who love the show was American Horror Story, not The Vampire Diaries. It was incredibly popular in the Nordics because of the popularity of the Skarsgards [bill Skarsgard stars] and in Latin America, where the horror genre is very big.

Cindy Holland added:

We?ll certainly look at how much viewing activity is taking place compared to what we projected when we licensed the series. How do we think it will play out over time? Is there an audience that justifies the expense? Certainly, what does it do for the overall conversation about Netflix? And long term, does it mean incremental subscribers or that subscribers stay around longer?

http://screencrush.com/netflix-hemlock-grove-season-2/

The trailers excited me, but I have to say I only watched the first episode and I found that slow moving and, frankly, boring. In fact I couldn't actually tell you what happened...

I battled my way through the whole series but also found it pretty boring and very rarely had a clue what was actually going on. Although that may have had something to do with the fact that I always ended up doing something while watching it.

My guess is that it won't get renewed. I couldn't make it past the first 5 minutes before I turned to something else. I haven't really heard one person say anything great about it. I've heard the words it was okay, it was good, but not great. If I wanted to watch something that was good I'd watch CBS, but I want to watch something great.

House of Cards was great on all fronts and I think that is where Netflix should focus their original content. Even before I watched the show, I had read enough reviews to know that this is award winning material. Before I watched Hemlock, I knew it would be a turd. The reviews were almost the exact opposite of HoC.

It's a good show to get a nap on.

1 person likes this

I enjoyed it, yes the first few episodes were tough but it had better figures then HoC

What's the point?

Half of the cast dies in the first season.

What's the point?

Half of the cast dies in the first season.

It could continue with

Roman controlling the town now

It could continue with

Roman controlling the town now

So he's a vampire?

This show was poorly paced.