I am not as far as I had hoped to be for taking the day off to play, but i ended up having to leave the house twice to take care of things. Made it to Lvl 13, and I am only 10 Missions into the game. So far I am happy with it and it still feels the same as the Beta. the only problem I have so far, is During beta The Scout Rifle was my go to weapon. and now after the day one patch they are useless. Used to be that you could just keep pulling the trigger and it would shoot as fast as you could pull it and I had the best damage with one in the Beta. Right now I am stuck with an Auto Rifle and im not liking it much. I am hoping to find a better Scout Rifle that has crazy high fire rate and see if its still any good.

Here is the patch notes for the Scout Rifles

Scout Rifles
  • Reduced the base Damage of all Scout Rifles by 8%
  • Fixed an issue that broke the fx for explosive rounds

Source (Destiny 1.0.1 Patch Notes)

So I got to play a few hours last night with my brother, and then a little bit on my own in the Crucible. I'm having just as much fun as I did in the beta. Probably more since all the gear and leveling isn't capped at 8 now, and I can look forward to using the blues and a few purples that I got in the beta. (after I re-get them)

We didn't get far enough in the PVE to get to new content, but it's still pretty good. I do hope that the storytelling gets better as we go though. It was kind of sparse in the beta and now post-launch.

What surprised me most was that I got the Triple Play trophy in my first Crucible match last night. Golden gunned three people running into a control point. It was glorious.

And I love the changes they've made to hand cannons. They're much, much better now. Especially in PVP.

Does anyone know why I don't see the entire list of Vanguard armory weapons at the vendor? I wanted to get the scout rifle, but it's not in the list. I only have access to the hand cannon, auto rifle, shotgun, sniper, and rocket launcher. I really wanted the scount rifle and the heavy machine gun. :(

I am not as far as I had hoped to be for taking the day off to play, but i ended up having to leave the house twice to take care of things. Made it to Lvl 13, and I am only 10 Missions into the game. So far I am happy with it and it still feels the same as the Beta. the only problem I have so far, is During beta The Scout Rifle was my go to weapon. and now after the day one patch they are useless. Used to be that you could just keep pulling the trigger and it would shoot as fast as you could pull it and I had the best damage with one in the Beta. Right now I am stuck with an Auto Rifle and im not liking it much. I am hoping to find a better Scout Rifle that has crazy high fire rate and see if its still any good.

Here is the patch notes for the Scout Rifles

Source (Destiny 1.0.1 Patch Notes)

Switch to hand cannons! (They're awesome)

Also red Ghost is best Ghost!

So I got to play a few hours last night with my brother, and then a little bit on my own in the Crucible. I'm having just as much fun as I did in the beta. Probably more since all the gear and leveling isn't capped at 8 now, and I can look forward to using the blues and a few purples that I got in the beta. (after I re-get them)

We didn't get far enough in the PVE to get to new content, but it's still pretty good. I do hope that the storytelling gets better as we go though. It was kind of sparse in the beta and now post-launch.

What surprised me most was that I got the Triple Play trophy in my first Crucible match last night. Golden gunned three people running into a control point. It was glorious.

And I love the changes they've made to hand cannons. They're much, much better now. Especially in PVP.

Does anyone know why I don't see the entire list of Vanguard armory weapons at the vendor? I wanted to get the scout rifle, but it's not in the list. I only have access to the hand cannon, auto rifle, shotgun, sniper, and rocket launcher. I really wanted the scount rifle and the heavy machine gun. :(

Switch to hand cannons! (They're awesome)

Also red Ghost is best Ghost!

I have not tried a hand cannon yet in the release version but they were awful in beta i prefer something with a lot of range on it.

I have not tried a hand cannon yet in the release version but they were awful in beta i prefer something with a lot of range on it.

All of the weapons were tweaked. I agree, hand cannons were awful, but now they're in line with the other weapon types. Range is decent, but not close to a Scout or sniper. Most Crucible maps don't need extreme range anyway. At least, none of the ones that I've played so far.

Did they disable those random group quests that drop around when you explore ? I haven't seen  single one

the public events are still around however, they do not seem to be as often as they were in the Beta.

My copy arrived today, been hearing a lot of flak about the game though :/

Unsure whether or not to hold onto my collectors edition or return. Could always come back later after I'm bored with Diablo.

I was only disappointed that i rushed and got it then got so busy with life I only got to play maybe 1 hour yesterday but i did enjoy my hour.   Controls felt maybe a bit stiffer then beta.   I made a Titan this time compared the gunslinger and warlock i made  in beta I have survived much better so far.

Okay, please keep in mind when I played the beta, I actually stopped when one gets to the tower, I wanted to experience everything fresh once the retail game came out.

And perhaps I just did not do enough homework, but can someone clarify for me the following...

Does the game really force you to play with strangers???

I set my party settings to private.

No luck.

There they are. Random dudes, always a much higher level than I am, running around what I thought was my SP mission, stealing all the kills, and just generally not making the game any fun whatsover since they are a much higher level than me.

Please tell me there is someway to turn this ###### off.

If not, I am trading it in tonight at Amazon. Can get $37.79 for it.

Seriously I am fine with the fact the game is meant to be played CoOp, but let me choose when I want to do that.

I set my settings to Private and yet there people are, in my game. Not cool at all.

And yes, generally speaking, I like to play games by myself unless it is planned otherwise.

Again, I clearly did not do my homework, but I thought it would be optional, not mandatory.

So if anyone can confirm for me ASAP if I am actually forced to play with others no matter what setting I choose for Party, it would be greatly appreciated.

Go to options, switch to the roster menu, click on the people icon next to "fireteam", and set your team to "closed"or "invite only ". That will prevent anyone from joining your team.

Not working.  Still have random people joining my party.  Is there even a way to turn off random people joining your party?  This is seriously annoying.

Not to mention this hame appears to be buggy as hell.  Choppy at times, no sound other times and I have to go to the dashboard and back to the game for it to work.  Also, no pause and no map?

Not working.  Still have random people joining my party.  Is there even a way to turn off random people joining your party?  This is seriously annoying.

Not to mention this hame appears to be buggy as hell.  Choppy at times, no sound other times and I have to go to the dashboard and back to the game for it to work.  Also, no pause and no map?

Are they really part of your party or are they just scouting while you're scouting or doing a mission. I've seen people scouting or doing their own thing in Old Russia while I'm doing my mission but they aren't a part of my party. I haven't experience any bugs yet, but the no pause thing got me. I suppose that's because even single player is still sort of multiplayer by yourself.

Personally, after playing it for a couple hours, I'm hooked. I enjoy exploring and scouting and whatnot. It's got a very Borderlands feel to it and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Okay, please keep in mind when I played the beta, I actually stopped when one gets to the tower, I wanted to experience everything fresh once the retail game came out.

And perhaps I just did not do enough homework, but can someone clarify for me the following...

Does the game really force you to play with strangers???

I set my party settings to private.

No luck.

There they are. Random dudes, always a much higher level than I am, running around what I thought was my SP mission, stealing all the kills, and just generally not making the game any fun whatsover since they are a much higher level than me.

Please tell me there is someway to turn this ###### off.

If not, I am trading it in tonight at Amazon. Can get $37.79 for it.

Seriously I am fine with the fact the game is meant to be played CoOp, but let me choose when I want to do that.

I set my settings to Private and yet there people are, in my game. Not cool at all.

And yes, generally speaking, I like to play games by myself unless it is planned otherwise.

Again, I clearly did not do my homework, but I thought it would be optional, not mandatory.

So if anyone can confirm for me ASAP if I am actually forced to play with others no matter what setting I choose for Party, it would be greatly appreciated.

Every mission and strike starts you (and your party) off in a public arena. When you finally get to the "Darkness" area and it says "respawning is disabled" or whatever is when you're in your own instance. Setting your fire team to "closed" or "invite only" will prevent people in the public area from joining your team and coming with you into these instanced areas.

When you go "exploring", you're just joining the same public areas. It's similar to an MMO in that everyone can shoot anything, and every public area is limited to 16 people at a time. However, you don't have to worry about people stealing your kills. If you hit an enemy at least once, you should get credit for your objectives, experience, and a chance at loot. Having a dozen or so people in a giant public area isn't too bad once you realize they can't really negatively affect your progression. (if it's not working like that now, it's probably a bug because Bungie has stated they didn't want people to fight over spawns, but rather to fight together even if they're not "together")

The Tower is always public.

No pause. (similar to the Souls game, it's always "multiplayer" ready)

No map, though it's one of the number one requested features. I wish they had one too.

Also, for what it's worth, you don't need to worry about high-level players from completely wiping out an entire area. Your weapons and abilities actually have a capped damage threshold to them so that this type of behavior is prevented. So higher and higher level weapons will hit a damage ceiling based on the level of the enemies. Though even equal-level weapons can one-shot or two-shot most normal enemies with well placed shots. So, kill time is largely based on skill rather than equipment. (for the most part)

• Like 2

I never get any peopel wih my in my instanced zones, which on some missions can be really horrible.

more annoying is the raids still have the some problem they had in beta. when you pug if someone leaves the game, it doesn't fill up the slot with another in queue. so you end up with two people trying to take out the damn spidertank. any idea how long it takes to take out that thing with a level 7 and an 8...

Ahh, ok.  Thanks,  Still getting used to the game play. 

Every mission and strike starts you (and your party) off in a public arena. When you finally get to the "Darkness" area and it says "respawning is disabled" or whatever is when you're in your own instance. Setting your fire team to "closed" or "invite only" will prevent people in the public area from joining your team and coming with you into these instanced areas.

When you go "exploring", you're just joining the same public areas. It's similar to an MMO in that everyone can shoot anything, and every public area is limited to 16 people at a time. However, you don't have to worry about people stealing your kills. If you hit an enemy at least once, you should get credit for your objectives, experience, and a chance at loot. Having a dozen or so people in a giant public area isn't too bad once you realize they can't really negatively affect your progression. (if it's not working like that now, it's probably a bug because Bungie has stated they didn't want people to fight over spawns, but rather to fight together even if they're not "together")

The Tower is always public.

No pause. (similar to the Souls game, it's always "multiplayer" ready)

No map, though it's one of the number one requested features. I wish they had one too.

Also, for what it's worth, you don't need to worry about high-level players from completely wiping out an entire area. Your weapons and abilities actually have a capped damage threshold to them so that this type of behavior is prevented. So higher and higher level weapons will hit a damage ceiling based on the level of the enemies. Though even equal-level weapons can one-shot or two-shot most normal enemies with well placed shots. So, kill time is largely based on skill rather than equipment. (for the most part)

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense once you break it down, although I thought a dude did join me in a dark area he might not have, as that is when I actually logged out.

See I just do not play MMO's so the whole concept is foreign to me and truth be told, I just do not like it at all, which is a huge part of the reason I do not play MMO's. I get why others would like it though, but not my cup of tea at all.

So can you clarify the following...

I was doing the second Old Russia mission. I just hit Level 3 on the mission before. Two dudes running around with me as I was getting to the dark section or whatever it is called. My mission objective basically. One was a Level 14. The other was a Level 10. They were just killing everything before I even had a chance too, and the rare chances I did get a chance, I would hit the enemy AI once and they would die because these two guys already got their health down so much. I mean that is just not enjoyable at all, even if I get the credit and the loot and all of that. 

So are you saying that was a bug? And I should be able to kill the enemy completely on my own? Or are kills "shared," meaning our individual bullets take away from the enemies overall health, but everyone still gets their own individual credit for the kill?

If they are shared, yeah, count me out for sure. Not my thing at all.

Again thanks for the explanation though. 

post-34384-0-02118300-1410401603.png

I have 7 days before I have to trade it in, but as of now, unless I somehow massively change my idea of what it means to play a game on my own unless I choose to play with others, I am no doubt going to do so.

I do plan on giving it a legit chance though this weekend though, as I am not crazy about throwing $26 out the window.

the public events are still around however, they do not seem to be as often as they were in the Beta.

I came across a group of people farming them, it's surprising how often they occur then :laugh:

It was dropping off groups of enemies every 10 seconds or so, and after about 15 minutes it'd drop off a spider tank (Which we then went through in a couple of minutes), of course being level 4 I did barely any damage and got barely any XP, but it still gives you the rewards for killing the tank.

So can you still enjoy this even if you solo?  Do you really need to co-op to have a good time or something?

Has anyone tried changing to a different class part way through? I was under the impression that not only was this possible but you took a certain level of progression with you. Not entirely sure what that means and was just wondering, if I change class part way through, do I have to start the story all over again etc?

So can you still enjoy this even if you solo?  Do you really need to co-op to have a good time or something?

You

need to coop for the raids, but if you 're a pugger without friends like me :p it's no fun because one of your two friends is doomed to drop after the first area when they realize the spider tank is going to take a long time and then the two of you need to be 7/8 at least and have some idea what you're doing(we could have been done a lot faster if the dud who played with me yesterday had kept the spider tanks attention to the other side so I could take out his left legs, but he kept running over to me. 

You

need to coop for the raids, but if you 're a pugger without friends like me :p it's no fun because one of your two friends is doomed to drop after the first area when they realize the spider tank is going to take a long time and then the two of you need to be 7/8 at least and have some idea what you're doing(we could have been done a lot faster if the dud who played with me yesterday had kept the spider tanks attention to the other side so I could take out his left legs, but he kept running over to me. 

Spider tank is easy, shoot out the legs, you can one man it in about 3 minutes.

also, i dont have any friends in the game and i have loads of fun. The second Strike (the one on the moon) on the other hand is VERY time consuming took about 54 minutes to complete. the last boss does not appear to have a weak spot that i can find.

Has anyone tried changing to a different class part way through? I was under the impression that not only was this possible but you took a certain level of progression with you. Not entirely sure what that means and was just wondering, if I change class part way through, do I have to start the story all over again etc?

so far as i know you cannot change your class, but you can change your subclass (like from Voidwalker to Sunsinger for warlocks,) I have recently done this and you lose everything, you cannot even use grenades or double jump anymore once you have done it, but you can switch back and forth whenever you want.