<snip>

so far as i know you cannot change your class, but you can change your subclass (like from Voidwalker to Sunsinger for warlocks,) I have recently done this and you lose everything, you cannot even use grenades or double jump anymore once you have done it, but you can switch back and forth whenever you want.

Sorry I don't mean change the class of your character, I mean as in I believe you can swap to different characters of different classes. When you say you can switch sub classes back and forth, if you switch from one and back, is your old progression still there or is it start again each time you switch?

I have to be the only person on Earth who isn't interested in buying this game.

No you're not. It is just another Overhyped Generic Shooter #76234. And the fact that it is console-first shooter makes it more of a joke.

But to each his own.

Sending back my limited edition, just not worth ?80 (even with season pass). Going to hold off 3-6 months and see how the game is doing.

Sorry I don't mean change the class of your character, I mean as in I believe you can swap to different characters of different classes. When you say you can switch sub classes back and forth, if you switch from one and back, is your old progression still there or is it start again each time you switch?

yeah everything in each subclass is saved you can switch back and forth at will it appears.

No you're not. It is just another Overhyped Generic Shooter #76234. And the fact that it is console-first shooter makes it more of a joke.

But to each his own.

TBH no it does not live up to the hype. It is very Generic and at times it feels (for the story at least) like Mass Effect and Halo mixed together.

However, at the end of the day it is rather fun to play and the way multiplayer works is actually rather amazing.

I've just got this for the ps4. Game decided to phone and say i pre-ordered it. I never did. So i thought i might as well as i'll eventually end up with it.

As i have no gamer friends. Maybe some neowinians will want to play.

PSN is LingwoMK2

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense once you break it down, although I thought a dude did join me in a dark area he might not have, as that is when I actually logged out.

See I just do not play MMO's so the whole concept is foreign to me and truth be told, I just do not like it at all, which is a huge part of the reason I do not play MMO's. I get why others would like it though, but not my cup of tea at all.

So can you clarify the following...

I was doing the second Old Russia mission. I just hit Level 3 on the mission before. Two dudes running around with me as I was getting to the dark section or whatever it is called. My mission objective basically. One was a Level 14. The other was a Level 10. They were just killing everything before I even had a chance too, and the rare chances I did get a chance, I would hit the enemy AI once and they would die because these two guys already got their health down so much. I mean that is just not enjoyable at all, even if I get the credit and the loot and all of that. 

So are you saying that was a bug? And I should be able to kill the enemy completely on my own? Or are kills "shared," meaning our individual bullets take away from the enemies overall health, but everyone still gets their own individual credit for the kill?

If they are shared, yeah, count me out for sure. Not my thing at all.

Again thanks for the explanation though. 

The kills are shared. I was saying that the hypothetical bug would be if you did not get anything from helping kill an enemy.

It's a bummer that you feel cheated out of the kills though. I haven't really run into that consistently. A few times I have been moving towards objectives and other players are there too, but it's not too bad. The spawns are quick enough that you don't feel like you really missed out on anything. If you were expecting a true single-player instance for the entire mission, I can see how it's a bit disappointing. I happen to like the set up though.

Going to public areas at the beginning of each mission/strike gives you the opportunity to come across public events and such which can be a fun side-mission of sorts.

The kills are shared. I was saying that the hypothetical bug would be if you did not get anything from helping kill an enemy.

It's a bummer that you feel cheated out of the kills though. I haven't really run into that consistently. A few times I have been moving towards objectives and other players are there too, but it's not too bad. The spawns are quick enough that you don't feel like you really missed out on anything. If you were expecting a true single-player instance for the entire mission, I can see how it's a bit disappointing. I happen to like the set up though.

Going to public areas at the beginning of each mission/strike gives you the opportunity to come across public events and such which can be a fun side-mission of sorts.

Yeah as I said, ultimately I am to blame for not doing my homework, as I just expected the next generation of Halo, with CoOp as a big aspect if I chose to do it. 

What it really ultimately comes down to is my time is so damn limited to play these days when I do play I want to feel like it is under my control, if that makes any sense. I seriously only sometimes get 20 minutes to play a game before dinner (which happened to be when I discovered everything about it being public last night and when I posted), so that really made it that much worse. I was sitting there with hardly anytime to play, and I was being forced to play with others when I did not want to, and as I shared with my example story, which is absolutely exactly how it went down, they were basically having all of the fun. So right then and there that just put a very sour taste in my mouth. If I have my 20 minutes to play, I want it on my terms. No one else. So yeah this is just not the game for me. Lesson learned.

As I said I can see how people could really like it. I believe I would have loved it myself when I had a lot of time to play, but now, it just is not really conducive to my limited time schedule. Luckily the dry season is almost done and there are a lot of other games I am interested in on the horizon. Which also is a very big factor on why I decided to pick up Destiny as well.

Yeah as I said, ultimately I am to blame for not doing my homework, as I just expected the next generation of Halo, with CoOp as a big aspect if I chose to do it. 

What it really ultimately comes down to is my time is so damn limited to play these days when I do play I want to feel like it is under my control, if that makes any sense. I seriously only sometimes get 20 minutes to play a game before dinner (which happened to be when I discovered everything about it being public last night and when I posted), so that really made it that much worse. I was sitting there with hardly anytime to play, and I was being forced to play with others when I did not want to, and as I shared with my example story, which is absolutely exactly how it went down, they were basically having all of the fun. So right then and there that just put a very sour taste in my mouth. If I have my 20 minutes to play, I want it on my terms. No one else. So yeah this is just not the game for me. Lesson learned.

As I said I can see how people could really like it. I believe I would have loved it myself when I had a lot of time to play, but now, it just is not really conducive to my limited time schedule. Luckily the dry season is almost done and there are a lot of other games I am interested in on the horizon. Which also is a very big factor on why I decided to pick up Destiny as well.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, very limited time to play these days. Anything you're looking forward to?

Spider tank is easy, shoot out the legs, you can one man it in about 3 minutes.

At what level, my sniper does just over 500 per leg hit. at level 8. and you keep runnign out of ammo and as solo you need to watch out for the other guys much more before you clean them all out as well, 

At what level, my sniper does just over 500 per leg hit. at level 8. and you keep runnign out of ammo and as solo you need to watch out for the other guys much more before you clean them all out as well, 

right now i am 15 and can take them on, just make sure to take the legs out first and then when he opens up use a heavy on him.

Anyone on Xbox one want to play around 8 PM EST? 2-3 hours? I'm level 12 finishing off the moon, 1 mission and the mandatory 3 man strike mission left.

i'm down... i'm level 11. here is my gamer tag.... PapiChuloNica

Yeah I'm in the same boat, very limited time to play these days. Anything you're looking forward to?

Definitely.

In the "near" future...

The Evil Within

Alien: Isolation

Forza Horizon 2

Driveclub

Sunset Overdrive

Bayonetta 2

with the exception of Horizon & Driveclub, almost all SP experiences with some MP aspects thrown in if I want them.

That is what I tend to stick to, just because of my erratic schedule, etc.

Few months out...

The Order 1866

and maybe Bloodborne

I will also probably pick up the new Assassins Creed and also Halo Master Chief Collection, but undecided about both.

Truth is I will probably play both Forza Horizon 2 and DRIVECLUB the most out of all the games, as they fit my awful schedule the best. Pick up the controller, do a race or two, done. Repeat when I can.

Sorry to go so OT.

So I came across this review (it's pretty long so I won't copy it in):

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12236-Destiny-Review?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

And I have to agree with just about everything he says. Basically I'm enjoying it a lot and I'm going to spend quite a bit of time playing it because they've done something to hook me, but it really isn't anything spectacular. I don't envision myself coming back to it much after the next big game comes out on Xbox (Sunset Overdrive?), but until then it'll be solid.

Okay, I played about 90 minutes tonight, and I obviously knew what to expect thanks to spacer breaking it down for me, and I have to say, I enjoyed myself. I really did.

I think last night was a combination of two things. I did not know what to expect, was not expecting what happened, and I was playing with idiots.

Tonight knowing what to expect, and especially because all of the people around me seemed to be working together, it was just so much better of an experience.

I also did one of the Russian missions where you activate beacons to get your missions, so I am not sure if the other people were doing the same missions as well (I set my status to invite only so they definitely did not join my Fireteam) and that is why it seemed so cohesive, and/or if the game is just put together in such a way that no matter what missions strangers are doing, it appears they are all working towards the same mission.

Whatever it is, my experience tonight was VASTLY different compared to last night.

I really think a lot of it was I needed to know what to expect.

My one and only question now is one of the missions were the sky gets dark and I think a orange or yellow bar showed up asking me if I wanted to accept it, but I was already in one of the beacon missions, so I had no idea how to except it. What does one need to do there to do that dark sky mission?

I am fairly certain I will be keeping it now. Seems like a fun time killer, and so far the missions are going quick enough as well. I have not been in one for more than 15 minutes or so once I start it, so it fits my limited schedule, at least for now.

It looks really great and I would love to play it (would require dusting off my 360, no biggie)... but I am really not a fan of having it as a MMO (in general I love MMOs), especially on consoles without keyboards (and obviously, UI changes that are part of almost every PC game). The action requiring playing with PUGs... no thanks.

@DL

The "dark sky" mission you referenced is a public event. They show up on your HUD like normal mission markers but they have a different color icon. You don't have to accept them in order to participate, you just have to go to the marker and get within range of them. Or, you could ignore them if you like. They are identical to Warhammer Online's public quest system, if you're familiar with those.

They're a lot of fun because they're generally harder than the normal patrol missions. (they're designed for multiple players) At the end of them, whether the objective was completed or not, every player gets a rating (bronze, silver, gold) and you get a package in the mail for completing your first public event of the day, every day.

There are about half a dozen different public events that I know of in Old Russia, but each "planet" in the game has different ones.

I'm glad you gave the game another chance, and that you had fun the second time around.  :)

(also, I'm looking forward to most of the same games that you are.  (Y) You should check out Lords of the Fallen too.)

Okay, I played about 90 minutes tonight, and I obviously knew what to expect thanks to spacer breaking it down for me, and I have to say, I enjoyed myself. I really did.

I think last night was a combination of two things. I did not know what to expect, was not expecting what happened, and I was playing with idiots.

Tonight knowing what to expect, and especially because all of the people around me seemed to be working together, it was just so much better of an experience.

I also did one of the Russian missions where you activate beacons to get your missions, so I am not sure if the other people were doing the same missions as well (I set my status to invite only so they definitely did not join my Fireteam) and that is why it seemed so cohesive, and/or if the game is just put together in such a way that no matter what missions strangers are doing, it appears they are all working towards the same mission.

Whatever it is, my experience tonight was VASTLY different compared to last night.

I really think a lot of it was I needed to know what to expect.

My one and only question now is one of the missions were the sky gets dark and I think a orange or yellow bar showed up asking me if I wanted to accept it, but I was already in one of the beacon missions, so I had no idea how to except it. What does one need to do there to do that dark sky mission?

I am fairly certain I will be keeping it now. Seems like a fun time killer, and so far the missions are going quick enough as well. I have not been in one for more than 15 minutes or so once I start it, so it fits my limited schedule, at least for now.

When you're free roaming(the beacons) the beacons are random missions so even if two players pick a mission in the same spot they're likely different missions, and while other players might get a mission in the same area as you it might be an entirely different mission, and you get some kill missions who are in locked areas(actually I'm not sure if the kill mission is always in the same locked instance, both time I got one it was in that cave by the tanks).

Ah.. cool.. I thought it was today.

Btw, loving the game. I was really skeptical before the beta, but beta got me hooked and I love the game and the depth of coop experience along with the competitive nature of it.

Would love to see other people's guardians.

My current guardian:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018430742958/2305843009215019368

image-q2Pxc6fJgW.png

If I am to say something bad about the game it's really the ending and how abrupt it felt. I finished it on Mars and we were all "whaaaat, this is it?". But I guess, this was the introduction to the new universe and I'm not going to hold it against them, especially with all the fun stuff like strikes, leveling up characters, rare and legendary items, raids, crucible modes, daily/weekly challenges, co-op nature of it etc etc.

Events, are definitely not happening as often as they did in beta, but I guess it makes them more valuable. It was definitely not easy to get 3 gold public events as it was in beta but I guess it just makes them more desirable and people will run to them when they happen more often. 

also, i dont have any friends in the game and i have loads of fun. The second Strike (the one on the moon) on the other hand is VERY time consuming took about 54 minutes to complete. the last boss does not appear to have a weak spot that i can find.

They all have weak spots for critical hits. If you are talking about Phogoth (the big one in the chains), it has a weak spot in the middle of his body. Just above the stomach. 

It is slightly demanding boss if you are playing with fresh level 12 or 11 but you can definitely beat it in about 10-15 mins. He can take a lot of damage. 

He is actually not that hard. When you get to play Nexus strike, that one will take a while as well but the hardest ones are Weekly hard challenges and when you hit level 20+ you will unlock new difficulties for story missions that range from 20 (hard), 24 (hard), 28 or 29 (can't remember exactly) with marking impossible. 

For example, current weekly challenge for Strike is level 22 (hard) I played was Devil's Lair. 

The difference between normal and hard is that your teammates in a strike can actually respawn in the "no-respawn" area as long as at least 1 person stays alive. The timer will do 30 secs countdown and if somebody doesn't revive you, you will respawn and join your team and strike will still continue.

With hard strikes, it's a bit different and a lot harder because there is no timer. You rely on teammates to revive you so you guys have to glue yourself to each other in order to be able to quickly revive each other.  Hard strikes are very demanding too.

It took us, as I have mentioned, on the weekly strike challenge (Devil's Lair) over an hour to beat it and the 3 of us had level 22 with defense rating between 750-800 and weapons in the 200s range and we were dropping like flies.