OK, last night, I spent several hours putting together my brother's new PC build, and annoyingly, it won't power on at all. Here's the specs:
- Motherboard (Socket 1150): MSI Z87-G43
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K (Haswell)
- SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Series
- HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
- RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Jet Black
- GPU: XFX Double D Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5
- PSU: Corsair CX600M
- Tower: Zalman Z9 Plus
- BD Drive: LiteOn IHOS104
- Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG
Now, I've triple-checked all of the connectors; the necessary power connectors to the motherboard are in and secure, all the fans are correctly connected (including the CPU fan), and even the case connectors for the lights and switches are in correctly (in the JFP1 pin area, as instructed by the manual).
So far, I've tried a different kettle lead (from my PS3) to see if that was the culprit, but no luck there. The only thing I can think of (much to the annoyance of my brother) is a faulty part; either the motherboard, the PSU, or the tower.
28 June 2013 - 20:28
Don't! Remove the front panel of the case and re-connect the power button. For some weird reason it comes disconnected.
I've got exactly the same thing with Z11! Was puzzling as hell...
Oh snap, I'm likely too late with this...
Go to the full post