Need help! New 8TB hard disk not being initialized.

Hey guys,
I made my PC a year ago and it runs great. I had purchased a 4TB Toshiba X300 internal HDD for it and it works flawlessly. Recently I decided to add a new HDD in addition and went for 3.5'' Toshiba X300 8TB. But the problem is that my PC is not picking it up. It is being shown as "Unknown Not Initialized" in disk manager and doesn't event show the capacity. Furthermore, if I try to initialize it, it shows "A device which doesnot exist was specified" error. In my BIOS sometimes it would show up as detected but as a 4TB one. I updated my BIOS, all the drivers and then it started to show up as 8TB but that doesn't solve the issue still. I checked all my cables, used new ones, tried installing windows on it(can't because it doesn't show up), heck even Ubuntu because I thought maybe it was a Windows issue. I can not use any software since it doesn't event show up anywhere. This is the 2nd time it is happening(I bought one(same) and returned one already because it was giving me the same error). I have tried everything to my knowledge and still don't know what the issue is. I think its my Motherboard that doesnt support more than 4TB but that doesn't make any sense. Bios is running in UEFI mode and yes I am trying to use GPT.Any help would be appreciated.
My PC specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BJ69Rk
Thanks alot!

11 minutes ago, NinjaGinger said:

You don't seem to state which Mobo you have

Appears to be a MSI B450M-A PRO (from his pcpartpicker list).

As far as the issue.  

He's tried a different cable and a same model HDD

Is the port on the motherboard bad?  Have you tried a different port?

How about a different SATA power cable?   

Can you unhook the 4TB and basically just swap the known good SATA power/SATA data to the 8TB?  At least to verify it shows correctly in the BIOS?  

Not sure of any limiting setting which would display it just as a 4TB.  Odd.

I've just been on MSI website and it seems to say it will only work with Barracuda 8 terabyte drives of a certain type

SATASeagateBarraCuda - ST8000DM004N/AN/A8TB

SATASeagateBarraCuda Pro - ST8000DM008

Can you just use that one drive plugged in, and see if BIOS can read it? The 8TB.

Don't think you ever mentioned that.

If BIOS doesn't detect it, I fear it is a DOA.

If Windows can't read it, can you try a Linux boot-cd or usb stick? Like Ubuntu or Mint? Not install it, just see if the live instance can see it. Boot into it. You will loose nothing.

Is it one of these new 4K sector drives? I think they're called 'advanced format,' but they can be a pain if your system (BIOS and/or disk controller) don't support them. I know Seagate has a utility that will let you low-level format some of their drives back to 512 if you have a system that doesn't support 512e (emulation) or native 4K.