pic

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 papercut2008uk

papercut2008uk

Neowinian

• 236 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 22:43

they should have compared the cost of Kodak printer ink, you get about 7 pages (if your lucky!) per cartridge.

#32 Riva

Riva

Neowinian

• 1,443 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 22:51

I got myself a Kodak printer. I don't print that often but the thing lasts longer and costs less than the HP ink cartridges. You get a free printer from HP if you buy enough ink here in the UK.

#33 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,248 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 03 July 2013 - 23:03

I just use a business class laser printer (not one of the cheapo consumer models) - you will get good cost per print.

#34 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,367 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 03 July 2013 - 23:22

I just use a business class laser printer (not one of the cheapo consumer models) - you will get good cost per print.

Lol yeah offset by the extra cost of the printer itself.

I've got 2 HP laser printers, both work fine with genuine HP toner costing £80 each but if using refilled/3rd party toner it's always got lines of ink down every sheet printed and looks pretty bad quality and smudges easily, but is less than half the price each.

#35 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,216 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 03 July 2013 - 23:26

I thought the more interesting claim in that graphic is that bottled water is more expensive than crude oil...

Lol yeah offset by the extra cost of the printer itself.

I've got 2 HP laser printers, both work fine with genuine HP toner costing £80 each but if using refilled/3rd party toner it's always got lines of ink down every sheet printed and looks pretty bad quality and smudges easily, but is less than half the price each.

Sounds like a printer issue. My Oki prints perfectly fine using 3rd party toner and is so cheap to print with it is almost free...

#36 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,367 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 04 July 2013 - 14:52

I thought the more interesting claim in that graphic is that bottled water is more expensive than crude oil...

Sounds like a printer issue. My Oki prints perfectly fine using 3rd party toner and is so cheap to print with it is almost free...

It's all dependant upon the third party toner you get, all the 3rd party stuff here is just crap.