It's a Boy, for Prince William & Duchhess Kate

Members of the Royal Family are anything but retards - in fact they are probably some of the most intelligent people in society, having had access to some of the best educational facilities in the world. As for being "useless", the Royal Family has raised countless millions for charities, helping some of the most vulnerable people in society - much more than the average family has done. And in terms of the cost, many economists have concluded that the Royal Family generates more than it costs and that's without even factoring in the cultural value.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike the monarchy but you haven't listed any of them. If you want to debate the merits of the Royal Family maturely then I'm sure you'll find an audience but don't expect to be taken seriously if you continue to rely on infantile insults. You come across as envious of their wealth and influence.

That's exactly the thing. They enjoy privileges far above any imaginable necessities. They enjoy luxury and preferential treatment, earning it only afterwards, if they do. They can only squander it, in fact traditions require them to. If something doesn't really work out, there's always a way out.

Admittedly, it all comes at a high cost of a persistent spotlight and having to live up to very high expectations, which must be pretty damn hard, but it's a very different kind of hard.

The fact you ask the question shows how uninformed you are.  The Royal Estate has interests across the globe that feed back heavily towards the native economy.

If you have so little knowledge on this subject, why did you so vociferously state an uninformed opinion?

It was rhetorical, the answer is they don't generate revenue for us, they suck us dry. 

It was rhetorical, the answer is they don't generate revenue for us, they suck us dry. 

No, it wasn't rhetorical, it was diatribe.

You couldn't be more wrong whatsoever.  But you clearly have a personal dislike - and can't even comprehend the facts.  You aren't worthy of the discussion - enjoy being completely uninformed on the issue.

Here's a fantastic Youtube video that explains how the Royal family is funded. 

It does appear as if it's cheaper to fund them than get rid of them, thanks to George III.  What I also didn't realize is that the profit sharing today is voluntary.

• Like 2

Australians do not pay any money to the Queen, either for personal income or to support the royal residences outside of Australia. Only when the Queen is in Australia, or acting abroad as Queen of Australia, does the Australian government support her in the performance of her duties. This rule applies equally to other members of the Royal Family. Usually the Queen's Australian governments pays only for the costs associated with the governor-general and governors in their exercising of the powers of the Crown on behalf of the Queen, including travel, security, residences, offices and ceremonial occasions, etc.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Australia

• Like 2

Good useless answer

At least it's informed.  And useless, when is the truth useless?

is everyone you think is wrong not worth you proving yourself

Apologies, you believed what I posted was an opinion.  It was not.

Unfortunately for you, a number of people have already posted the ways in which they generate revenue, myself included.  I'm not laying it out on a plate for you, but if you were genuinely interested (which I very much doubt - you'd rather stay in your ignorant mindset without knowing the real answers) then you'd have googled the Royal Estate's revenue streams and investments within native economies.

But you didn't.  You ignored the video and other things that have been posted.  You came into a thread about a newborn baby and spouted hatred.  That really shows your character right there.

As I said, you are wholly uninformed, and please stop pretending otherwise.  You level that they cost money, yes they do - but nowhere near the same as the money they make for your nation, as well as the luxuries you are afforded as part of the Commonwealth.  If you genuinely can't find the time to look into that - why do you prioritise the time to post such ignorant hatred in a thread about a newborn baby.

YOU do not fund the Royal Family, your country does not fund the Royal Family - and yet you seem to have a personal issue with the way they are funded and their costs.  Seems somewhat strange...

Or is mine a special case of extreme wrong?

Oh, you gotcha :)

• Like 2

Here's a fantastic Youtube video that explains how the Royal family is funded. 

<Youtube here>

It does appear as if it's cheaper to fund them than get rid of them, thanks to George III.  What I also didn't realize is that the profit sharing today is voluntary.

There is one fly in there, however. Who the hell awarded Royal Family those lands? Why do they belong to someone who clearly doesn't need it? Yes, that sounds a little Marxist, but what the hell. The things is - does rent money from those lands appear out of thin air or does it still come from the very same people and businesses who could instead own it themselves and pay only taxes, if any? So that part is complete purple poo.

Tourism is the proper source and the only source. People do like circus. However, France with all its empty castles is, for some reason, 3rd on the list (as of 2012). Spain is 2nd, Germany and Italy both rank above UK, which is only 8th. So sorry to spoil your fun, folks, but all that royal posturing must be getting a bit boring, if the rest of Western Europe is coming out well ahead.

Edit: of course, Spain is also a monarchy. Then again, I don't see them getting nearly as much attention and their direct expenses are much less - only 8 million EUR in total.

• Like 2

I googled, I watched the video, I listened to the 'wrong' people in here about how My Countries (NOT UK) don't pay for them at all, and I've still not heard a SINGLE response on what they do for MY Countries.

Just give me something, anything, do they do anything at all for anyone that isn't from UK? I think you're the stubborn and uninformed one. And, this is getting ridiculous, just someone, give me ONE damn reason in which Australia or Canada benefit from these people existing; one.

Edit: If the answer is "They make you money", then don't bother. Give me proof, figures, numbers, charts, anything.

I googled, I watched the video, I listened to the 'wrong' people in here about how My Countries (NOT UK) don't pay for them at all, and I've still not heard a SINGLE response on what they do for MY Countries.

Just give me something, anything, do they do anything at all for anyone that isn't from UK? I think you're the stubborn and uninformed one. And, this is getting ridiculous, just someone, give me ONE damn reason in which Australia or Canada benefit from these people existing; one.

You seem to rant and rave at how much they cost.. but you haven't actually given any numbers based in fact yet. 

• Like 3

Well, we did send prisoners there.... Does that count?

(sorry, had to do it)

• Like 2

You seem to rant and rave at how much they cost.. but you haven't actually given any numbers based in fact yet. 

True, but I'm not saying how stupid and uninformed people are. I did say they are wrong, but didn't really attack them with it, did I?

I would prefer to find out I'm wrong, I'd rather them be useful than useless.

True, but I'm not saying how stupid and uninformed people are. I did say they are wrong, but didn't really attack them with it, did I?

They are useful, as the Entire world was busy watching and commenting on Will and Kate's wedding no one was paying any attention to the Seal Team Strike that killed Bin Laden

(I've always doubted that was coincidence)

There is one fly in there, however. Who the hell awarded Royal Family those lands? Why do they belong to someone who clearly doesn't need it? Yes, that sounds a little Marxist, but what the hell. The things is - does rent money from those lands appear out of thin air or does it still come from the very same people and businesses who could instead own it themselves and pay only taxes, if any? So that part is complete purple poo.

They weren't awarded. They were won during the Norman conquest by William I.

I think you're the stubborn and uninformed one

Here's a list of reasons why I care...

Moving on, one thing they do for you?  One?  Just a little one?

Well the obvious answer is SHE IS YOUR RULING MONARCH.  As such, all law, foreign disputes and so on are conducted under her authority.

She is patron of many charities such as the Partially Blinded Soldiers' Association of Australia, the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, the Scout Association of Australia and the Mothers' Union in Australia - which guarantees a lot of donations.

In global conflicts, she (and as such the British Army) are given to defend the Commonwealth (of which you are a part) without cost.

There's 3 for you.  The list quite obviously goes on, but seeing as I have fulfilled your request three times over, will you now try and do your own research?

Or will you challenge someone who has more than once now shown you how to conduct your own research as to why you are wholly wrong?  Will you wallow in your own personal uninformed opinion or actually try to learn something?

Will you rather be the guy who accepts he is wrong or the guy who posts hate and nonsense in a thread about a newborn?

• Like 2

Surely if you're complaining how much they cost you have an idea of how much they actually cost?

• Like 1

Anyhow, I'm out.  It was not an attack, it was a statement of fact.  Your comments that they cost you more than they bring in is wholly wrong.  As such, anything that says otherwise, without basis, is clearly uninformed.

You say you'd rather be proven wrong than them be useless - and yet you ignore anything that points you in the direction of where to look.

What did you actually expect to gain from your hateful diatribe in a thread about a baby?  I think that would be more suited for /b/

Well the obvious answer is SHE IS YOUR RULING MONARCH.  As such, all law, foreign disputes and so on are conducted under her authority.

This does what exactly? She has no real power.

She is patron of many charities such as the Partially Blinded Soldiers' Association of Australia, the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, the Scout Association of Australia and the Mothers' Union in Australia - which guarantees a lot of donations.

Not too bad. Pretty good actually, I wonder if the Boat we just bought them is less than the donations these charities received on their behalf. I'll look into that.

In global conflicts, she (and as such the British Army) are given to defend the Commonwealth (of which you are a part) without cost.

Works both ways, and we start less wars. You're welcome.

They weren't awarded. They were won during the Norman conquest by William I.

Seems to be the most noble and honorable way to acquire someone else's lands - send thousands of people to die for the cause.

But things were different back then, of course. These days Uncle Sam would bomb at least one of the involved sides to smoking hell.

I'll get me coat.

This does what exactly? She has no real power.

Firstly, you did not ask whether she has "real power" or not.  Secondly, she doesn't wield it herself, which is her decision - the seat is not that of a dictator, but it is very much used on her behalf.

Not too bad. Pretty good actually, I wonder if the Boat we just bought them is less than the donations these charities received on their behalf. I'll look into that.

Again, not what you asked.  And I can guarantee that being able to operate under the Royal Standard brings in more revenue than any other stream be it directly or by association.

Works both ways, and we start less wars. You're welcome.

The Australian armed forces have played a major part in what we recently call "wars".  Sorry, not sure what point you are making here?  The Australian armed forces do not immediately assume to defend the Commonwealth by mandate.  The British forces do.

Once again, you are showing you lack of knowledge by your responses.  You have not once shown any legitimate argument for your hateful post.  You have not once justified such comments on what should be a celebratory occasion.  You have attempted to subvert arguments that show you to be uninformed, but failed each time.  You really are backed into something of a corner by your original post, and your subsequent comments have yet to help you out of that corner.  Why not either:

1) Say congratulations

2) Not comment

Either way is more beneficial than accusing the child's family of being "rich useless retards" - something you have failed to backup, and yet others have proven their use.  Moreover, retards?  Schooled at some of the best institutions in the world, in a country with a massively greater literacy rate than your own?

Jealousy is an ugly (and uninformed) beast.  Goodbye.

Firstly, you did not ask whether she has "real power" or not.  Secondly, she doesn't wield it herself, which is her decision - the seat is not that of a dictator, but it is very much used on her behalf.

Again, not what you asked.  And I can guarantee that being able to operate under the Royal Standard brings in more revenue than any other stream be it directly or by association.

The Australian armed forces have played a major part in what we recently call "wars".  Sorry, not sure what point you are making here?  The Australian armed forces do not immediately assume to defend the Commonwealth by mandate.  The British forces do.

Once again, you are showing you lack of knowledge by your responses.  You have not once shown any legitimate argument for your hateful post.  You have not once justified such comments on what should be a celebratory occasion.  You have attempted to subvert arguments that show you to be uninformed, but failed each time.  You really are backed into something of a corner by your original post, and your subsequent comments have yet to help you out of that corner.  Why not either:

1) Say congratulations

2) Not comment

Either way is more beneficial than accusing the child's family of being "rich useless retards" - something you have failed to backup, and yet others have proven their use.  Moreover, retards?  Schooled at some of the best institutions in the world, in a country with a massively greater literacy rate than your own?

Jealousy is an ugly (and uninformed) beast.  Goodbye.

You're probably right, you seem to have a pretty good understanding of how this all works. I let observations get the better of me and jealousy of this well-off child surely played a role. I'm still not confident in the Royal Family really doing anything for Australia or Canada but I'm at least more well informed that they are useful. This leaves me with a feeling that they are in more ways beneficial than not, even if not for my Countries, but hopefully for them as well.