Software to batch convert AAC to MP3

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of some software that can batch convert .aac files to MP3 by pointing at a parent folder and it working through all sub folders/files? I've found some that can do it if you select it file by file but I have quite a few that I need to do so ideally would like to make this a lot simpler.  Ideally I do want free software, I don't want to pay for something that will only save me time over freeware.

Reason being is that Google Music Player doesn't seem to recognise the files as audio and refuses to upload. I converted one of the files to MP3 and it seems to upload fine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Transcoding like that KILLS audio. You can listen to it... but you destroyed much of its quality.

I appreciate that, but If I can't get my music synced to my Google Music account then I can't listen to it how I want to so either way I'm screwed!

I've converted everything now, one of the tools in the other thread did it, although was a little confusing to get working. I may give this a go if I ever find myself in this situation again.

Google Music supports AAC fine, it uploaded my entire iTunes library without issue. make sure it isn't standalone AAC though, most stuff only supports it if it's in the MP4 wrapper.

are your files really raw aac with an .aac file extension and not .m4a?

if this is the case, you can wrap them in an m4a container without quality loss and i'd imagine google music will support those.

you can try mp4box & yamb to do this for you.