wisconsin megaorder diet coke lofty bill disassembled

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,302 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 17:56

Blech, McD's is nasty. This has to take something off your life. 

their breakfast isn't so bad.

#32 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,534 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:25

I go to McDonalds about twice a year.

I haven't been in about 17 years, save for a couple of times in the Netherlands last year, where the chicken nuggets at least are tolerable. Wasn't my choice but I was taken there and was hungry :laugh:

#33 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• 2,651 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:38

I don't mind McDonalds that much, but other places like Wendys and A&W make way better burgers.

McDonalds isn't any cheaper really, so I would rather pay for a better burger somewhere else.

I like McDonalds fries the most though.

You can usually get a real burger in a bar for not much more than a fast food place though, or even cheaper if it's the special for the night.

#34 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,019 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 21:38

....his McEverything meal tab came in at $141.33. "Actually, I should correct myself," he writes. "The price of the sandwiches was $140.33…the extra dollar was for the Diet Coke that I added to my order."

Math fail, unless his Diet Coke was tax-free.   :rofl:  Somebody had to say it.   /s

I really hope he didn't eat all of that though.  :x

#35 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• 1,620 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 22:33

For some reason I expected this story to end with, "... he died shortly after". I love McDonalds, but sadly it doesn't love me.

In controlled moderation McDonalds is perfectly fine. I have it once a month at the end of the month. Not only is it awesome, but it's actually a nice little shock to the metabolism, which studies indicate is good for you. I get the diet coke because I think diet coke tastes better than normal ol' coke at McDonalds.

#36 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,066 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 22:35

For some reason I expected this story to end with, "... he died shortly after". I love McDonalds, but sadly it doesn't love me.

In controlled moderation McDonalds is perfectly fine. I have it once a month at the end of the month. Not only is it awesome, but it's actually a nice little shock to the metabolism, which studies indicate is good for you. I get the diet coke because I think diet coke tastes better than normal ol' coke at McDonalds.

I get diet Coke because all that sugar in regular Coke makes me feel like crap.

That and it tastes better to me, too.

#37 1WayJonny

1WayJonny

General, I salute you!

• 1,591 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 22:47

I understand what you're saying, for sure, but the logic isn't there. bad for you + bad for you = double bad for you. Perhaps I'm willing to splurge on a big burger because I just love them, but I don't want the massive amount of sugar and calories of a soda as well (which can be very comparable to the sandwiches do when you end up getting a meal sized drink). Why if you're eating one thing bad do you have to go all the way and make it even worse? Cutting back anything is good.

Personally I just try to limit my soda intake, diet, full octane or otherwise, just like I try to limit my fast food eating. I also never eat McDonalds at all though. It's like the worst of the worst when it comes to burgers. There are too many places you can get a decent fast food burger to go to McDonalds.

I totally agree with your preference but we are talking about a $141 super sandwich.

All logic goes out the window! You might as well smoke a pack and get a hooker in one night! =)

jumpOutWindow.gif

#38 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,860 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 23:15

ill have one of every sandwich youve got please, and i diet coke cus i dont want get fat!!!!

#39 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,022 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 23:18

I go to McDonalds about twice a year.

Repair business must be bad. :laugh:

#40 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,048 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 23:26

I find myself going to Sonic more these days. I go into McDonald's now about 3 or 4 times a year, at most.

I find Sonic food to be worse quality than McDonalds where I live.  Growing up I though McDonalds was the most disgusting place (and it really was).  They since have remodeled all their local restaurants and IMO McDonalds beats Burger Kings, Wendy's, and Sonic by a long shot (here anyway).

#41 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,377 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 23:28

Ugh! (N)

#42 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 00:18

I find Sonic food to be worse quality than McDonalds where I live.  Growing up I though McDonalds was the most disgusting place (and it really was).  They since have remodeled all their local restaurants and IMO McDonalds beats Burger Kings, Wendy's, and Sonic by a long shot (here anyway).

Yeah, I think it's a local thing. Our Sonic beats everyone else hands down, at the moment anyway.

#43 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 20 September 2013 - 13:49

I totally agree with your preference but we are talking about a $141 super sandwich.

All logic goes out the window! You might as well smoke a pack and get a hooker in one night! =)

jumpOutWindow.gif

Yeah, you're right. At least in this case it should have been an extra large with a little of every soda in it.

#44 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• 3,650 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 20 September 2013 - 13:51

Yeah, I think it's a local thing. Our Sonic beats everyone else hands down, at the moment anyway.

Sonic here is pretty bad. Their burgers are cold to the couch and feel like they pulled them out of the refrigerator right before handing them to you.

#45 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,016 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 19:12

ill have one of every sandwich youve got please, and i diet coke cus i dont want get fat!!!!

this is a failed logic that people dont get. (i know youre joking, btw)

i dont drink sugary drinks b/c they hurt my teeth and my stomach.

also, adding that giant Coke to your already-bad meal does make a difference. Say your caloric intake for the day is 2500 calories. that Coke you buy at McDs probably has 300-400 calories. that could be 15-20% of your daily intake. personally, id rather eat that amount rather than drink it.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!