Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neu B

Win 8.1 Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows

3 posts in this topic

After the update, which went very well and everything is working, I wanted to reset my machine, erase and start clean. Unfortunately it tells me that it's missing files and I need to insert recovery media. Am I missing something? Anyone else having the same issue?

After the update, which went very well and everything is working, I wanted to reset my machine, erase and start clean. Unfortunately it tells me that it's missing files and I need to insert recovery media. Am I missing something? Anyone else having the same issue?

If you are selecting reset to factory defaults then yes you must create a system snapshot in advanced but I am afraid that will take you back to Windows 8. The best option for you is to remove your personal files and settings instead. Alternatively, format the hard drive

If you are selecting reset to factory defaults then yes you must create a system snapshot in advanced but I am afraid that will take you back to Windows 8. The best option for you is to remove your personal files and settings instead. Alternatively, format the hard drive

Thank you much!