help me please to block all the optional and update that push w7 and w8 to upgrade to w10

drugo

hi

on my laptop i have w8.1 pro 64bit and on my desktop i have w7 64bit pro

i don't want to upgrade them to w10

i know GWX Control Panel ,i know the option in policy 

Turn off the upgrade to the latest version of Windows through Windows Update

&

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
"DisableOSUpgrade"=dword:00000001

but is there a list of update important and optionals (mosty optional ) to hide ?

i don't want to have nasty surprice

i looking for a list of these updates to hide

can you help me please?

thanks

The Evil Overlord

I have gwx and I have used it to block all updates pertaining to windows 10, AND it still allows other updates to be installed

You shouldn't have any other problems if you periodically check for gwx updates, (besides, windows needs the installation files that gwx deletes before 10 can be installed)

• Like 1
drugo
20 minutes ago, Aheer.R.S. said:

I have gwx and I have used it to block all updates pertaining to windows 10, AND it still allows other updates to be installed

You shouldn't have any other problems if you periodically check for gwx updates, (besides, windows needs the installation files that gwx deletes before 10 can be installed)

hi

do you mean GWX Control panel ? it's outdated ,last update is January 24, 2016

block all updates pertaining to windows 10,

how did you do it?

it add a simple registry key ,the same i have posted

there are many important update that can re-call other update like optional update

i have used this ,where is the option to block all update pertainning to windows 10?

thanks!

mORkaWQ.png

The Evil Overlord
1 hour ago, drugo said:

~snip~

Hi, yes,

See the circled bits in red, These are the files needed as they've been deleted, windows 10 cannot install

The Black Circles relate to where the installation files are usually saved

And those Blue Circles, they'll set up automatic detection and deletion of win 10 installation files, as you have already done, on my system, I have also enabled monitor mode (very bottom blue circle)

(unless ms has a workaround that I am unaware of.)

1.thumb.jpg.01decce4d4adfe19ce433afc6f31

As far as I can tell, you're all set to block windows 10 updates.

And with regard to gwxcontrol panel I know it needs updating, I'm guessing it hasn't been updated because it hasn't needed to be.

• Like 1
drugo
6 hours ago, Newinko said:

An easier solution is to just use Never10

Snapshot3.png 

hi

does it add the registry key?

thanks

Newinko
5 hours ago, drugo said:

hi

does it add the registry key?

thanks

Yes

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      Patch My PC Updater 4.2.0.3
      by Razvan Serea

Patch My PC Free is a portable and reliable tool which can quickly check your PC for outdated software. The supported third-party programs include a large number of widely-used applications, including Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox, Java, 7-Zip, BleachBit, Google Chrome and many more.

Patch My PC Home updater features:

Updates over 300 common apps check including portable apps Ability to cache updates for use on multiple machines No bloatware during installations Applications install/update silently by default no install wizard needed Optionally, disable silent install to perform a manual custom install Easy to use user interface Installs 64-bit apps by default on 64-bit windows Optionally choose to install 32-bit apps on 64-bit Windows Change updated and outdated apps color for color blindness Option to automatically kill programs before updating it Portable and only about 3.0 MB Create a baseline of applications if installing on new PC’s Quickly uninstall multiple programs Scan time is usually less than 1 second Set updates to happen on a schedule Skip updates for any application you don’t want to update Suppresses restarts when performing application updates Patch My PC Updater 4.2.0.3 changelog:

Updated Vivaldi‘s silent install switch Added switch “/norestart” to VNC Server The form can now be resized by any edge instead of only by the grip size at the bottom-right. Download: Patch My PC Updater 4.2.0.3 | 3.0 MB (Freeware)
      View: Patch My PC Free Homepage

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Linux Mint outlines better, unobtrusive update notifications
      by Paul Hill

Clem Lefebvre, head of the Linux Mint project, has written a blog post outlining new notifications that try not to be annoying but also remind users that they need to perform software updates to keep their computer secure. The details arrive a little over a month since Lefebvre pointed to stats that show some users were not applying security updates and in some cases, people were even running end of life versions of Linux Mint.

The Linux Mint team prides itself on its users controlling their computer rather than the other way around. New Mint versions only ever introduce conservative changes so that the whole operating system doesn’t need to be relearned and users are also given complete control over when, how, and which updates are installed; unfortunately, this mindset has led to some users running outdated, vulnerable software.

To remedy the issue, a new pop-up has been created which lets the user know how many updates are available, it says why updates need to be applied, it lets users view available updates, and gives users the option to turn on automatic updates. If the user dismisses the notification it will come back two days later so it’s not overbearing.

If the user decides to install updates, the notification will disappear for quite a while on the default settings. By default, the notification will appear if an update has been available for more than seven logged-in days or if it’s older than 15 calendar days. The number of days can be changed to anything between two and 90 days depending on how often you want to see updates. Additionally, these notifications will only be triggered by security and kernel updates but this can be adjusted in the settings.

There is also a grace period setting which is set to 30 days by default, essentially, this means that if an update has been applied in the last 30 days, you will not be bugged by notifications until that time has elapsed.

The Mint team hopes that the default settings will work for most people in that they keep their system moderately up-to-date without being overburdened with constant reminders to update their machine. The new notifications are set to arrive in Linux Mint 20.2 but Lefebvre has also said that it could be backported to older versions.

• By indospot
      Surface Go and Laptop Go get new firmware updates
      by João Carrasqueira

Hot on the heels of the first- and second-generation Surface Laptop getting an array of firmware and driver updates last week, Microsoft is also rolling out a handful of updates for the Surface Go, Go 2, and Laptop Go, its more affordable lineup of devices.

The lists of updates are fairly long for all three of the devices, but the Surface Go and Surface Go 2 share a few similarities in terms of the updates they're getting. Here's what you'll see on a Surface Go 2:

Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Update Intel Corporation - Display - 27.20.100.8681 Intel(R) UHD Graphics 615 Improves graphics and system stability.

Intel Corporation - Extension - 27.20.100.8681 Intel(R) Graphics Driver - Extension Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel - System - 2040.100.0.1029 Intel(R) Management Engine Interface - System devices Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel – SoftwareComponent - 1.62.321.1 Intel(R) ICLS Client - Software devices Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel - Extension - 1952.14.0.1470 Intel(R) Management Engine Interface - Extension Improves integration between system services.

Surface - System - 1.0.13.0 Surface Setting - System devices Resolves system orientation issue.

Surface - Firmware - 11.8.82.3838 Surface ME - Firmware

Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Surface – Firmware – 1.0.1.4 Surface UEFI – Firmware Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Do note that Microsoft's page appears to have some typos, such as saying "Intel(R) - Cooperation", instead of Intel Corporation. We've fixed those in the list above.

If you have a first-generation Surface Go, the first three updates above will still apply, but the remaining ones have some differences. Here's what you'll see instead:

Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Update Intel - Extension - 1.62.321.1 Intel(R) ICLS Client - Extension Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel – SoftwareComponent - 1952.14.0.1470 Intel(R) ICLS Client - Software devices Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Surface – Firmware – 1.1.20.0 Surface UEFI – Firmware (LTE) Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Surface – Firmware – 1.0.30.0

Surface UEFI – Firmware (WiFi) Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Surface - Firmware - 11.8.82.3838 Surface ME - Firmware Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

The Surface Laptop Go has significantly different hardware from the other two devices, so the list of updates is also quite different. While some of the updates are also about overall stability, there are more specific ones like improvements to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth stability, audio performance, and battery life. Here's the full list:

Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Update Intel Corporation - System - 10.24.0.4813 Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED - System devices Improves audio performance and battery life.

Intel Corporation - System - 10.24.4813.245 Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED - System devices Improves audio performance and battery life.

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Media - 6.0.9083.3 Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) - Sound, video, and game controllers Improves audio performance and device stability.

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - SoftwareComponent - 11.0.6000.92 Realtek Hardware Support Application - Software components Improves audio performance and device stability.

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.1.0.9 Realtek Device Extension - Extn Improves integration between system services.

Surface - System - 29.30.139.0 Surface Integration - System devices Improves integration between system services.

Intel - net - 22.20.0.6 Intel(R) WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz - Network adapters Improves Wi-Fi reliability and stability.

Intel - Bluetooth - 22.20.1.1 Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth - Bluetooth Improves Bluetooth reliability and stability.

There are no known issues noted in Microsoft's update list for any of the three devices, so it should be safe to go ahead. As per usual, you'll need to be running Windows 10 version 1903 or newer to get the updates, and that shouldn't be much of a problem since that version of Windows 10 is no longer supported and you should have a newer version by now.

As a reminder, these updates can roll out gradually, so you may not see them on your device right away. They should show up sooner rather than later, though.

• By Copernic
      Patch My PC Updater 4.2.0.2
      by Razvan Serea

Patch My PC Free is a portable and reliable tool which can quickly check your PC for outdated software. The supported third-party programs include a large number of widely-used applications, including Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox, Java, 7-Zip, BleachBit, Google Chrome and many more.

Patch My PC Home updater features:

Updates over 300 common apps check including portable apps Ability to cache updates for use on multiple machines No bloatware during installations Applications install/update silently by default no install wizard needed Optionally, disable silent install to perform a manual custom install Easy to use user interface Installs 64-bit apps by default on 64-bit windows Optionally choose to install 32-bit apps on 64-bit Windows Change updated and outdated apps color for color blindness Option to automatically kill programs before updating it Portable and only about 3.0 MB Create a baseline of applications if installing on new PC’s Quickly uninstall multiple programs Scan time is usually less than 1 second Set updates to happen on a schedule Skip updates for any application you don’t want to update Suppresses restarts when performing application updates Patch My PC Updater 4.2.0.2 changelog:

Improved error handling if internet is not available or firewalls are blocking access to patchmypc.com Download: Patch My PC Updater 4.2.0.2 | 3.0 MB (Freeware)
      View: Patch My PC Free Homepage

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Abhay V
      One UI 3.1 for the Galaxy Z Fold2 brings multitasking and ease-of-use improvements
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Samsung recently detailed the new features brought by the latest One UI 3.1 update to its flagship tablets, the Galaxy Tab S7 series, and the Galaxy S20 lineup. While the update for the tablets brought with it improved cross-device usability with the company’s flagship phones, the release for the Galaxy S20 line introduced a bunch of camera features from the S21 series. Today, the company highlighted the improvements that the latest update brings to the Galaxy Z Fold2.

For its foldable screen-sporting device, which is now receiving the latest Android 11-based OS update, the South Korean giant is focusing on multitasking and ease-of-use enhancements. The first of the improvements come to the task switcher, or as Samsung calls it, the “Recents” tab.

Users can now directly switch to previously opened ‘Multi-Active Windows’ at once from the task switcher, meaning that if three apps were opened in a multi-window setup on the main screen and the user navigates to another app, the task switcher will let them return to the multi-window setup as is. The feature also lets users move two out of the three apps from the main screen to the cover display.

Additionally, One UI 3.1 on the Z Fold2 adds the ability to drag an app from the notification shade and drop it into Multi-Active Windows. For example, users can drag a messaging app into a split view right from the notification shade, draft a response or add multimedia content and send it, and then dismiss the app. This negates the need to break away from the current app and helps make better use of the screen real estate.

As for the ease-of-use improvements, the firm is adding a new ‘Palm touch to turn off screen’ feature that lets users use a gesture or double-tap to turn off the device’s screen. This makes it easier to lock the device in instances where your hands are full and you can't reach the power button – especially considering how you would not want to try juggling with an expensive foldable.

The other usability enhancement comes in the way of the choice to move the camera controls in the Camera app when using Flex mode – a mode that adapts the UI of the device when it is partially folded –, giving users more control over where they want the shutter button or other options situated on the massive main display. The firm has also added Delete and Share buttons in image previews in Flex mode.

While the changes aren’t massive by any means, these simple additions further improve the user experience on the Z Fold2. In addition to these, One UI 3.1 brings a host of other features such as Eye Comfort Shield, app continuity improvements, and much more. You can head to our detailed rundown of what’s new with the update here. One UI 3.1 has begun rolling out to the Galaxy Z Fold2 this week, so all users should begin seeing the update soon.