Paul Walker Dead at 40 - 'Fast & Furious' Star Dies in Car Crash

Just as an observation, some videos on youtube have shown the car more intact than that picture, and apart from the dad of the driver, did anyone else try to rescue them from the car?

The car looks "somewhat more complete from different angles, that picture is best at showing how wrapped it really is. 

• Like 1

The car looks "somewhat more complete from different angles, that picture is best at showing how wrapped it really is.

You're right, but one video showed the passanger compartment and the right side door as mostly intact, which triggered the question in my head, about whether anyone more than just the driver's dad attempted to rescue or recover both occupants..

Latest info: Police are now investigating whether they were street racing when the accident occurred.

Looking at some of the latest photos and how the car is obliterated it is easy to assume the car was in a high speed accident but then again if the gas exploded it could destroy the car to pieces too. But one photo it looked like the car slammed into a tree and was in the middle of the car. It was hard to tell from the photo but it did not look like the tree went up the middle of the front of the car but from the back which means the car slammed into the tree from the back. Either way that was a hell of a wreck.

It does almost look like a different wreck from each photo.

You're right, but one video showed the passanger compartment and the right side door as mostly intact, which triggered the question in my head, about whether anyone more than just the driver's dad attempted to rescue or recover both occupants..

If we're talking about the same video I think I've seen that picture too, but it doesn't look like the same location. If the explosion did rip apart the chassis like that and splay it along the tree, it would have been extremely powerful, and pretty coincidental.

This is the earliest verifiable images of the accident I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXxhJeP5k1s

Is the image circulating on WhatsApp showing Paul Walker's face real?

I felt terrible seeing it. Middle of his face has a deep long gash. He looks barely recognizable. :(

Whats crazy is that Friday a hoax spread that he died in a crash and then he really did Saturday and that's what cause all the confusion. I actually really enjoyed a lot of his movies.

surveillance camera doesn't seem to match any location on the pics above...

It is very hard to identify from the surveillance video, but it is the location.

If you go to that location in Google Street View you can look around and see that it matches with all of the images of the accident.

image.jpg

Paul-walker-killed-in-car-crash-1130-2.j

432786.jpg

I don't understand the need for all of those people to be recording Tyrese on their personal cell phones.  Pay your respects and then leave.  If you work for a news organization of some type, I get it, but besides that, the only person in that crowd paying his respects was Tyrese.  Everyone else looked like they were loitering.

Never heard of him.

Really  

Year Title Role Notes 1986 Monster in the Closet 'Professor' Bennett   1987 Programmed to Kill Jason   1994 Tammy and the T-Rex Michael   1998 Meet the Deedles Phil Deedle   1998 Pleasantville Skip Martin   1999 Varsity Blues Lance Harbor   1999 She's All That Dean Sampson   1999 Brokedown Palace Jason Uncredited 2000 The Skulls Caleb Mandrake   2001 The Fast and the Furious Brian O'Conner   2001 Joy Ride Lewis Thomas   2002 Life Makes Sense If You're Famous Mikey   2003 Turbo-Charged Prelude Brian O'Conner 6 minute short film introductory film for 2 Fast 2 Furious 2003 2 Fast 2 Furious Brian O'Conner   2003 Timeline Chris Johnston   2004 Noel Mike Riley   2005 Into the Blue Jared Cole   2006 Eight Below Jerry Shepard   2006 Running Scared Joey Gazelle   2006 Flags of Our Fathers Hank Hansen   2007 Stories USA Mikey   2007 The Death and Life of Bobby Z Tim Kearney   2008 The Lazarus Project Ben Garvey   2009 Fast & Furious Brian O'Conner   2010 Takers John Rahway   2011 Fast Five Brian O'Conner   2013 Vehicle 19 Michael Woods   2013 Fast & Furious 6 Brian O'Conner   2013 Pawn Shop Chronicles Raw Dog   2013 Hours Nolan To be released posthumously 2014 Brick Mansions Damien Post-production, to be released posthumously 2014 Fast & Furious 7 Brian O'Conner Filming, had not finishe

I don't understand the need for all of those people to be recording Tyrese on their personal cell phones.  Pay your respects and then leave.  If you work for a news organization of some type, I get it, but besides that, the only person in that crowd paying his respects was Tyrese.  Everyone else looked like they were loitering.

Exactly. It felt pretty inconsiderate watching the clip for me, but being there recording it, eew.

• Like 1

Probably the same kind of people that took video of the accident. It's the evolution of bystander effect for a digitally connected generation.

An expert crash investigator that is not associated with the official investigation has estimated the speed of the vehicle at 90-100 mph.

While the estimate should be taken with a grain of salt, it is probably in the ball park of the actual speed.

Was the car in which Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker was killed speeding at 100 mph when it crashed? That's the conclusion of expert crash investigator Christopher Dawson.

INSIDE EDITION's Jim Moret asked Dawson, "This crash occured at approximately what speed?"

Dawson replied, "Approximately 90-100mph."

Dawson, who has investigated 25,000 accidents, was asked by INSIDE EDITION to examine the accident scene.

http://www.insideedition.com/entertainment/7424-excessive-speed-could-have-contributed-to-death-of-paul-walker

Using Inside Edition as a source is very questionable. And their expert is not listed on any site I searched for crash scene investigators for example - http://www.expertwitness.lexvisio.com/category/35/459-562/1/lA/Experts-United_States?q=christopher+dawson&s=Search

Some info on the Porsche Carrera GT - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/porsche-carrera-gt-road-test

Using Inside Edition as a source is very questionable. And their expert is not listed on any site I searched for crash scene investigators for example - http://www.expertwitness.lexvisio.com/category/35/459-562/1/lA/Experts-United_States?q=christopher+dawson&s=Search

Some info on the Porsche Carrera GT - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/porsche-carrera-gt-road-test

I'd agree in reference to Inside Edition, but Christopher Dawson has been a principal crash investigator with the Santa Monica PD. http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Chris-Dawson/88235120

As I said, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Still, it's worth noting his preliminary finding.

Is the image circulating on WhatsApp showing Paul Walker's face real?

I felt terrible seeing it. Middle of his face has a deep long gash. He looks barely recognizable. :(

Looks real to me.

This is just so sad! :(