Paul Walker Dead at 40 - 'Fast & Furious' Star Dies in Car Crash

With any luck, it will end that stupid s**t!

Never liked any of those anyway!

The guy WAS a good actor and I am very sad that he died, as I am with anyone, but I sure hope wasn't being some kind of pickle thinking he could REALLY drive like he was in a movie?!

R.I.P

He wasn't driving, and why do people think that all the movies series they don't like should end, it's not like anyone is forcing you to watch them.

that pisses me right off

"lets stand here and film a car on fire rather than trying to help the people that are inside it"

RIP Paul

• Like 2

that ****es me right off

"lets stand here and film a car on fire rather than trying to help the people that are inside it"

RIP Paul

The occupants were clearly already dead..

Agree with the sentiment, but it's misplaced in this one.

Also, not the kind of fire you can put out my taking a ###### on. Without a serious extinguisher or a truck, that was just going to have to burn out..

that ****es me right off

RIP Paul

What?

Did you see the car? It's not exactly like you could just open the door & pull them out...

And with a car ablaze like that, I wouldn't have much confidence in approaching such a situation. Couldn't the whole thing explode at any point?

Though I wouldn't film it.

that ****es me right off

RIP Paul

In this case, anyone in the car that hadn't gotten out was dead already.   If not from the fire, then the smoke inhalation.  Going any closer to the vehicle would have just put those people in risk of becoming victims themselves.

"Hollywood actor who made his fortune in a series of movies glorifying street racing dies in a flaming car wreck."

I'm trying to have sympathy.

If this brands me an ######, so be it, it wouldn't be the first time.  I do feel sad for his family though.

"Hollywood actor who made his fortune in a series of movies glorifying street racing dies in a flaming car wreck."

If this brands me an *******, so be it, it wouldn't be the first time.  I do feel sad for his family though.

There's definitely nothing wrong with recognizing the irony.  However, there are zero details on how this happened so it's kind of ridiculous to say you're "trying to have sympathy".  Regardless of the circumstances, a father who just happens to be an actor AND extremely charitable, has died.  Aside from the fact that he was not driving, there are a myriad of reasons this could have happened without fooling around on the roads.

RIP Paul. 

The alleged driver of the car that was involved in a crash that killed Paul Walker has been identified as former race car driver Roger Rodas, according to a Santa Clarita radio station with sources close to the situation.

Roger was the CEO of the company Always Evolving, a car customization shop. The charity event for Reach Out Worldwide was being held at the company?s headquarters in Santa Clarita that afternoon when he went for a drive with Paul in a Porsche Carrera GT, which happens to be one of Roger?s favorite cars. Both of them died in the crash after the car exploded into flames.

The friends had met when they raced cars together at the Pirelli World Challenge series years ago.

We send our continued thoughts and prayers to both Paul and Roger?s families during this difficult time.

http://www.justjared.com/2013/12/01/paul-walker-died-alongside-former-racer-roger-rodas/
  • Like 2

If this brands me an *******, so be it, it wouldn't be the first time.  I do feel sad for his family though.

I think movies is the key word there.  A lot of people do a lot of things in movies, but they're just that - movies and actors.  This is tragic for him regardless of what movies he acted in.

• Like 2

I saw on TV there were skid marks in the street in the shape of a figure eight.  No confirmation that they were done by the Porsche. I'm sure we will find out.

just saw an interview with a friend of his. apparently they got a call that paul and someone may have been in an accident, so the friend and other friends and employees grabbed some fire extinguishers and headed to the scene. they could only see the passenger(paul),and were trying to put out the flames. some friends tried to undo the seatbelt but the fire was too strong. paul was already unconscious(dead?). by the time their extinguishers were out, that's when the fire department arrived. 

Not really the case here, he wasn't glorifying anything he was just an actor playing a part in a movie. His love of cars stretches far beyond these movies anyway.

Not really the case here, he wasn't glorifying anything he was just an actor playing a part in a movie. His love of cars stretches far beyond these movies anyway.

What I wrote was that the movies he was in glorify street racing.  I didn't write he was constantly doing interviews where he says street racing is fun and everybody should try it.  Important distinction.  Don't put words in my mouth.

That being said, when kids die in a wreck shortly after a new FnF movie comes out (and it has happened), does that weight on his conscience at all, or does he just shrug it off and sign on to film the next one?  I think the answer to that lies in the fact that he was in the process of filming, y'know, the seventh movie.

Maybe more, just giving an example of how f***'ed up you can get without really speeding.

This isn't a theoretical case. You've hopefully seen the images of what's left of the vehicle.

Are you sticking with 35 mph, or maybe more?

This isn't a theoretical case. You've hopefully seen the images of what's left of the vehicle.

Are you sticking with 35 mph, or maybe more?

We're not speculating on his speed here - you're the one making assumptions.  We're just stating that you can have a wreck like this at slower speeds so it's not okay to just assume he was driving recklessly.

We're not speculating on his speed here - you're the one making assumptions.  We're just stating that you can have a wreck like this at slower speeds so it's not okay to just assume he was driving recklessly.

It seems some are speculating on his speed... And, the police investigation is focusing on the speed of the car as the cause of the accident.

A Carrera GT loses control and slams into a light pole and a tree on a fine road with a speed limit of 45 mph and light traffic in the middle of the afternoon on a perfectly beautiful day and get's smashed to hell, and you don't assume it was probably reckless driving? 

Thanks Sherlock, but it was reckless driving, and they were probably doing at least 70 mph.

What I wrote was that the movies he was in glorify street racing.  I didn't write he was constantly doing interviews where he says street racing is fun and everybody should try it.  Important distinction.  Don't put words in my mouth.

That being said, when kids die in a wreck shortly after a new FnF movie comes out (and it has happened), does that weight on his conscience at all, or does he just shrug it off and sign on to film the next one?  I think the answer to that lies in the fact that he was in the process of filming, y'know, the seventh movie.

It seems some are speculating on his speed... And, the police investigation is focusing on the speed of the car as the cause of the accident.

A Carrera GT loses control and slams into a light pole and a tree on a fine road with a speed limit of 45 mph and light traffic in the middle of the afternoon on a perfectly beautiful day and get's smashed to hell, and you don't assume it was probably reckless driving? 

Thanks Sherlock, but it was reckless driving, and they were probably doing at least 70 mph.

Two people have died a horrible death and you two are getting all moralistic and pedantic about it. Good gosh almighty get over yourselves, you're both just arguing for the sake of arguing.

The investigation will hopefully determine the cause of the accident and fault, until then any remarks about the speed and/or recklessness, if any, is pure speculation.  :(

Two people have died a horrible death and you two are getting all moralistic and pedantic about it. Good gosh almighty get over yourselves, you're both just arguing for the sake of arguing.

The investigation will hopefully determine the cause of the accident and fault, until then any remarks about the speed and/or recklessness, if any, is pure speculation.  :(

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. I actually have a point to make.

When you drive "Fast and Furious", you'll probably not only die, but kill other innocent people as well. It's as dangerous, irresponsible, and stupid as driving drunk. 

I hope this is a lesson to others, but I think most people will just chalk it up to a horrible accident instead of someone playing with fire and getting burned.

Edit: --> That speed is what caused the accident and deaths, and recklessness, is not speculation. It's what all of the facts of the accident indicate, and there is nothing to indicate otherwise.