Well, I've seen benchmarks say otherwise, and people shouldn't look at the games internal benchmark tool, that things a wrong indication of performance, a lie if you will.  So if the games benchmark tool gives you one thing but the game itself gives you lower performance then yeah, it looks like they optimized the benchmark but not the rest of the game.

I can't talk to biscuit and whatever rig he has, but I've talked with a friend who turned all 4 gameworks fluff off and gets good performance with the newest game specific drivers on his NVidia 970.

Also anyone will a AMD CPU will see lower performance as well, don't know what to say to that other than AMD's CPUs are just poor for gaming.

Like I said, maybe. Maybe not. If all it took was turning a couple graphic options off to fix the issues the game has I doubt it would have been pulled from steam.

Like I said, maybe. Maybe not. If all it took was turninga couple graphic options off to fix the issues the game has I doubt it would have been pulled from steam.

Who knows what else it has, I'm just talking about those who can run the game but get poor performance from it, if you have issues where it crashes all the time and or doesn't even run then yeah, something else is the cause.   If the issue is you get frame rate drops only though, turning off those 4 gameworks features will show you an improvement, it sounds to me like they took the NVidia marketing money and added all this fluff just to showcase what cards like the 980 Ti and Titan X can do, and get more people to buy those.  

I mean heck, PC aside, the PS4 version had a massive 4GB day 1 patch, iirc, so you could say that game was "shipped" broken as well, but they rushed to fix it with a huge patch while the PC version has to wait it seems.

No. You're just supposed to find them as you go. They aren't marked on purpose.

Ok. Thanks.  Had a long day and thought I was just being a dumbass. At least I was right about that!...haha

Also anyone will a AMD CPU will see lower performance as well, don't know what to say to that other than AMD's CPUs are just poor for gaming.

You'd think I would be having one of these horrible experiences then, since the A10-7850K isn't exactly high end.

It looks like to me that any issues, as far as performance wise, are down to overuse of nvidias silly GameWorks effects, people should turn all that fluff off and you'll notice your performance jump right away.  Also upgrade to the newest drivers from both card makers.  

fluff? Do you even have the grasp and technical know how to know what nonsense you are talking about? The game is fundamentally broken on PC. Go read all the Steam reviews, you'll see .

• Like 2

fluff? Do you even have the grasp and technical know how to know what nonsense you are talking about? The game is fundamentally broken on PC. Go read all the Steam reviews, you'll see .

It's not about how broken it is, it's not broken for everyone, I know people who are playing it just fine after turning off the un-needed "fluff"  enhanced rain?  I mean do you even notice it?  It's not about technical know how, or how hard or cool it is that they can do all this cool physics processing for rain and smoke and let's not forget the papers flying around the streets, because that adds so much to gameplay I'm sure.   

I'm talking about those who can run it but with a performance hit, turn off the mentioned effects and you'll get a performance boost.  Now if the game is "broken" for you and won't even run or crashes all the time then that's a different topic, I'm not saying it's not, nor did I, we're talking about two different things here.

It's not about how broken it is, it's not broken for everyone, I know people who are playing it just fine after turning off the un-needed "fluff"  enhanced rain?  I mean do you even notice it?  It's not about technical know how, or how hard or cool it is that they can do all this cool physics processing for rain and smoke and let's not forget the papers flying around the streets, because that adds so much to gameplay I'm sure.   

I'm talking about those who can run it but with a performance hit, turn off the mentioned effects and you'll get a performance boost.  Now if the game is "broken" for you and won't even run or crashes all the time then that's a different topic, I'm not saying it's not, nor did I, we're talking about two different things here.

Well, they did advertise those features heavily and to be honest, it adds to realism of the game

It's not about how broken it is, it's not broken for everyone, I know people who are playing it just fine after turning off the un-needed "fluff" enhanced rain? I mean do you even notice it? It's not about technical know how, or how hard or cool it is that they can do all this cool physics processing for rain and smoke and let's not forget the papers flying around the streets, because that adds so much to gameplay I'm sure.

I'm talking about those who can run it but with a performance hit, turn off the mentioned effects and you'll get a performance boost. Now if the game is "broken" for you and won't even run or crashes all the time then that's a different topic, I'm not saying it's not, nor did I, we're talking about two different things here.

I assume you're running on AMD hardware?

Well, they did advertise those features heavily and to be honest, it adds to realism of the game

Sure, but if it's killing your performance then it's not worth it, it's clear they didn't optimize the game to use these things in any good way. 

It's more than the game just not being optimized or even crashing. There are so many more issues that you're neglecting to take into consideration. Poor performance is just the tip of the iceberg. 

If you'd just watch the Totalbiscuit video you'd get a glimpse of that.

Agreed.

Batman AK's Gameworks features at the moment do add a massive performance penalty where as other games with such features enabled (e.g. Witcher III) does not incur such wrath frame rate slaying. It's not supposed to cripple the majority of platforms, it's supposed to offer a visual perk.

i7 4790k @ 4.6GHz, 16GB RAM @ 2400MHz, 2x250GB Samsung EVO 840's in Intel RAID Stripe, Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Edition (1165 MHz base 1266 MHz boost) = often sits around 30-50FPS when not freezing or crashing @ 1080p. I'm actually not even maxing out the settings either.

The port of this game is broken. WB Games pulled it. Apologists accept it please, it is by no means a bad game just a total s&*~e (outsourced) port.

I assume you're running on AMD hardware?

I do, but a friend of mind has a 970, he can play the game fine once he turned those off.    And actually, the game seems to run better on his laptop than his desktop, so go figure, probably wanky drivers the game doesn't like. 

In all honesty, the more you enable visually the more it seems the CPU is holding the system back. Seems to ring true with Techspot's benchmark earlier (see minimum FPS / avg FPS). All points to poor (or no) optimisation.

It looks like to me that any issues, as far as performance wise, are down to overuse of nvidias silly GameWorks effects, people should turn all that fluff off and you'll notice your performance jump right away.  Also upgrade to the newest drivers from both card makers.  

I don't have the game but Total Biscuit said turning those off doesn't make that much of a difference if you are using an nVidia card.

It's not about how broken it is, it's not broken for everyone, I know people who are playing it just fine after turning off the un-needed "fluff"

Yeah but define running just fine? 30fps? The gfx are not really that great with everything maxed so if you have to turn everything off to get 30fps then it's not good at all.

The game is not bad looking for a sandbox game but from the gameplay videos i've seen the AA is kind of bad and the textures are not really great. Game should be running at minimum ~50 fps with mostly everything maxed at 1080 on a 970. Total Biscuit had trouble getting 60 fps on a 980 and a core i7.

Huh? I think you just like to comment on things for the sake of having an opinion. because honestly nothing you have said so far is even remotely true. Watch the totalbiscuit review, look at the reviews on Steam, Hell even play the game to see its broken completely. "My friend said" is not a valid source of opinion, its just another " I want to talk about this, so "insert friend " \

I have a 970 Asus strix and a 4690, and the game is broken beyond all points of playability. The Nvidia options aren't 'fluff', I'd suggest you actually understand what you are talking about before trying to discredit something, because it just makes you look like a giant idiot who wants to say something he has no clue about.

All the thousands of Steam reviews with people running i7, i5's and 970, 980, 980 Ti and Titan's all are talking BS?, hell even TB with his DDR4 ECC, 2x Titans GFX setup could barely run it./ 

Yeah but define running just fine? 30fps? The gfx are not really that great with everything maxed so if you have to turn everything off to get 30fps then it's not good at all.

The game is not bad looking for a sandbox game but from the gameplay videos i've seen the AA is kind of bad and the textures are not really great. Game should be running at minimum ~50 fps with mostly everything maxed at 1080 on a 970. Total Biscuit had trouble getting 60 fps on a 980 and a core i7.

No, I mean with 60fps, after you unlock it through the ini file.   It's pretty hit or miss, some people can run it some can't so who knows?  Like I said, I've heard it runs better on a laptop with a mobile GPU than on a desktop, so it could be more than just one thing.

Huh? I think you just like to comment on things for the sake of having an opinion. because honestly nothing you have said so far is even remotely true. Watch the totalbiscuit review, look at the reviews on Steam, Hell even play the game to see its broken completely. "My friend said" is not a valid source of opinion, its just another " I want to talk about this, so "insert friend " \

I have a 970 Asus strix and a 4690, and the game is broken beyond all points of playability. The Nvidia options aren't 'fluff', I'd suggest you actually understand what you are talking about before trying to discredit something, because it just makes you look like a giant idiot who wants to say something he has no clue about.

All the thousands of Steam reviews with people running i7, i5's and 970, 980, 980 Ti and Titan's all are talking BS?, hell even TB with his DDR4 ECC, 2x Titans GFX setup could barely run it./ 

I think you need to calm down before you toss insults at others around here, did I call you names or something? No, I did not, get over it.   I've seen the TB video, the newest one, it's him talking about performance issues, but he's the lucky one, like I said, some can play it, poorly, and some can't, it's not everyone has the same experience, so move on.  

I'm using my friend as an example because he has an NVidia card, I don't, it's been shown, even today with the techspot review, that they've done a ###### poor job optimizing the game, it's been shown, for them at least, that turning off gameworks helps improve performance, the same was the case with my friend, so for me that's two examples.   I'm not even speaking for everyone out there, I don't see why you even feel so threatened by my posts exactly, where did I even say all the steam reviews are BS?  Not once have I, don't put words in my mouth.  I simply said that if you can run it at all, as in, it's not crashing all over for you, and you get performance issues only, frame rates are low, then turn off the gameworks effects as it's been shown to help.

I can attest to that. The frame rate is all over the place.

Small correction there. TB's rig has 2 titan x's in sli.

Of course the sli part is moot because that's broken as can be with this game, currently.

I put the 30FPS framecap back on and it seems to have sorted out the crashes (so far). I think I'm going to get screen burn where Steam displays "30" in the top right.

I put the 30FPS framecap back on and it seems to have sorted out the crashes (so far). I think I'm going to get screen burn where Steam displays "30" in the top right.

The thinking here is that for whatever reason they locked it at 30fps because they coded the games systems (physics and so on) specifically for that speed, so upping It would crash it for people, though not always.  Some say they get more problems on mechanical drives while on fast SSDs you don't get extreme frame rate drops, so they did a poor job optimizing data streaming it seems.

TB also, brings up the fact that when you look at the gamepad options you see a Dual Shock 4, it could be nothing but till release day all the gameplay and demos shown off were on a PS4, I'm thinking the PC was ported from the PS4 version for whatever reason.  Not that it's not doable but if we're talking Windows and DX11, then you'd think they'd at least port it from the Xbox One version. 

The thinking here is that for whatever reason they locked it at 30fps because they coded the games systems (physics and so on) specifically for that speed, so upping It would crash it for people, though not always.  Some say they get more problems on mechanical drives while on fast SSDs you don't get extreme frame rate drops, so they did a poor job optimizing data streaming it seems.

TB also, brings up the fact that when you look at the gamepad options you see a Dual Shock 4, it could be nothing but till release day all the gameplay and demos shown off were on a PS4, I'm thinking the PC was ported from the PS4 version for whatever reason.  Not that it's not doable but if we're talking Windows and DX11, then you'd think they'd at least port it from the Xbox One version. 

Well, there is also a visual downgrade from PS4.