Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

I saw the ultimate edition a few days ago and forgot to post about it, this is definitely better, they took out scenes that ended up creating plot holes in the theatrical version of the movie, very stupid.   It would've been better for WB to release this 3hr version from the get go, sure it might have been a issue, some people get turned off by long movies, but they wouldn't have been slammed so much in the end by critics and fans.

I agree.  Not major changes but it did seem to flow much better (particularly the drone part early on).  Did they cut something from the theatrical?  I swear something seemed to be missing.

10 minutes ago, Dashel said:

I agree.  Not major changes but it did seem to flow much better (particularly the drone part early on).  Did they cut something from the theatrical?  I swear something seemed to be missing.

I don't think the ultimate is missing something the theatrical had, I believe they only added and didn't take anything away.  Heck, even batmans fight in the warehouse to save Martha had new bits to it.   This version gives Superman/Clark more screen time, more development/emotion,  shows more Louis being a reporter, and even develops lex more and flushes out his plan more.

On 3/27/2016 at 2:38 PM, Syanide said:

Saw it today. For me it was better than Man of Steel. I mean, it's big, loud, and dumb, but at least the action doesn't leave you wanting to kill yourself just so you can make it stop. It's better in that regard, but yeah, not much else to write home about. I did feel sorry for the kids in the cinema, Jesus, they don't have Batman and Superman anymore, they have utterly violent psychopaths instead.  There were also some parents with really small kids (and I mean really small, like three year old), who deserve to be sterilized. The couple near me spent the first half of the movie actively trying to distract their kid from watching the screen, because of the content on it: deaths, murders, point blank executions, jump scares. They moved to some empty seats luckily so they weren't that annoying, and the kid must have fallen asleep after a while, so it probably won't be traumatized, but that was some grade A parenting right there.

I can't comprehend why parents bring such small kids to movies that are clearly not appropriate for them.  Basically just idiots.

I have to admit, I rather like the Ultimate Edition. I like Man of Steel more, but BvS is no where near the ###### show I thought it was going to be. Plus, they added (from what I understand) a key scene from a certain part they cut for time obviously, and it really helps flesh out Supes more. In my opinion anyways. Also, not sure how long the actual fight between Superman and Batman was in the original version in theaters, but it seemed to be long enough to not get grating and to long.

14 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

How are you guys watching the ultimate edition when it's not out until the 19th? :hmmm: :laugh:

Easy - It been leaked. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.

10 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Easy - It been leaked. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out.

I was being sarcastic, I thought the faces gave it away.

31 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

How are you guys watching the ultimate edition when it's not out until the 19th? :hmmm: :laugh:

It is available on vudu to purchase and stream(that is where I watched the extended/ultimate cut) and it looks like you can buy it through iTunes.

3 hours ago, trag3dy said:

It's weird but WB put it up on streaming services first and the BD pack later, you'd think they'd release it at the same time but the market is heading more towards streaming than physical media.