Dad Posts Meddling Note Sent Home by Teacher over Packed Lunch

I hardly see how this became newsworthy.

Even if the Dr did post to his fb - so what ? 

A concerned lunch lady and a misinformed substitute teacher ask a parent to make sure their child eats properly... that in and of itself would be harmless.

I would like to know what other issues have transpired that "broke the camel's back" according to the Doc

• Like 1

There are loads of possibilities from the politicization of the classroom to PC run amok.

Once I had to go after a chemistry "teacher" because he made my asthmatic son do an experiment that produced irritating fumes without a vent hood. Then he wrote the kid up when he ran out, gasping for air & to use his inhaler.

That office meeting wasn't pretty.

• Like 2

I don't think letting the kids eat what they want is the way to go.

Cause they will all eat candies only and our society will be in trouble.

and it affects you how?...

LaP - How will our "society be in trouble" any more than it already is with child obesity ?  How will society as a whole suffer from some fat kids with bad teeth ? 

If it were to reach an epidemic scale, there would be an increase on health insurance premiums, possibly.  Then those rotund little crumb crunchers will die from child diabetes, creating a vaccuum and society will bounce back :D

LaP - How will our "society be in trouble" any more than it already is with child obesity ?  How will society as a whole suffer from some fat kids with bad teeth ? 

If it were to reach an epidemic scale, there would be an increase on health insurance premiums, possibly.  Then those rotund little crumb crunchers will die from child diabetes, creating a vaccuum and society will bounce back :D

It will never be an epidemic scale cause most parents don't actually let their kids eat what they want. And this is a good thing.

people just need to focus on more important things liek freedoms being taken away and net neutrality stuff and the financial stuff and not 'white people issues" like these and the photoshop crap.

I HATE yuppies that put so much energy on these issues, yet don't realize their freedoms are going, going... gone! and they are all blindly giggly over it all. They deserve the crap they will get.

When I was in grade school (early 1980s) if you had a packed lunch, the school never bothered it. After Halloween we all brought in our bounties and traded openly. Pillowcase and all

the school is waaaaay out of line. bad enough michelle obama is telling people what to eat when she's a large woman herself. this nation is full of hypocrisy.

giphy.gif

Teacher is an idiot. Parent is an idiot for advertising his grievance instead of dealing with it like an adult: e.g. contacting the teacher and explaining he didn't appreciate the letter and that she was ill-informed about the whole content of the students lunch.

You mean besides the ballooning healthcare costs we all end up paying for because of obesity?

• Like 3

the school is waaaaay out of line. bad enough michelle obama is telling people what to eat when she's a large woman herself. this nation is full of hypocrisy.

whaaat ? you must gave some sick anorexic standards for women, I wouldn't even call her curvy, much less big.

• Like 1

Teacher is an idiot. Parent is an idiot for advertising his grievance instead of dealing with it like an adult: e.g. contacting the teacher and explaining he didn't appreciate the letter and that she was ill-informed about the whole content of the students lunch.

You mean besides the ballooning healthcare costs we all end up paying for because of obesity?

and you're totally ok with everyone being a vapid size o waif??? the standards on what's healthy are sickening... size 0 people are not sexy they are dead. size 6 is healthy and what MM was. she is THE fashion icon.

Hell, most guys I talk to hate size 0 chicks because there's no ###### and no ass. just a stick and they suck in bed too. :p I'm bi and I don't think they're sexy either and that's what the veggie-obessed people are pushing and want everyone to be skinny little vapid blondes. -_-

People take a 1 page out of a book and make into something else...

People up on this post criticizing, people on the Original Post criticizing...

Please someone tell me they know the whole story.... Please someone tell me that they know the child and that she's  size of a cow and a second grader....  Maybe she has to eat so healthy all the time, she was allowed a "cheat day"...

Please someone on this post tell me that they know the child and was there.... I'LL WAIT...........

Everybody is always so quic to cast them stones.... So many Mr. & Mrs, Ms., Miss Perfects in the world..

The school was concerned about the welfare of a student and sent a letter home to ensure the parents were informed, which was absolutely The Right Thing To Do

• Like 2

and you're totally ok with everyone being a vapid size o waif??? the standards on what's healthy are sickening... size 0 people are not sexy they are dead. size 6 is healthy and what MM was. she is THE fashion icon.

Hell, most guys I talk to hate size 0 chicks because there's no ###### and no ass. just a stick and they suck in bed too. :p I'm bi and I don't think they're sexy either and that's what the veggie-obessed people are pushing and want everyone to be skinny little vapid blondes. -_-

False dichotomy. It doesn't have to be everyone is obese or everyone is wafer-thin.

Hell, most guys I talk to hate size 0 chicks because there's no ###### and no ass. -

Such undernourished people can also have as many health problems as the overly obese so its not just over eating that causes issues and a drain on the Health industry

The school was concerned about the welfare of a student and sent a letter home to ensure the parents were informed, which was absolutely The Right Thing To Do

Right, CPS shouldn't exist because what happens to a couple kids doesn't affect the rest of the world, just those kids.  No, parents should be held to a higher standard because of the amount of control and influence they have over the development and success of their children's lives.  Kids should be protected from their own (and their parents) stupid decisions.  Especially kids in 2nd grade. 

Right, CPS shouldn't exist because what happens to a couple kids doesn't affect the rest of the world, just those kids.  No, parents should be held to a higher standard because of the amount of control and influence they have over the development and success of their children's lives.  Kids should be protected from their own (and their parents) stupid decisions.  Especially kids in 2nd grade. 

Abuse and eating some pop tarts or cheetos are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

• Like 2

haha...this went from one meal to CPS.  LOL

:woot:

• Like 2

I don't think letting the kids eat what they want is the way to go.

Cause they will all eat candies only and our society will be in trouble.

Eating candies in morning, noon, dinner, snack everyday is the problem.

But eat candies at school then eat good meal at home is no problem because

eating good dinner will clear the candies out of your system.. you will be fine.

Exercise will help as well. Including walking/running for some miles each day to keep your body in shape.

You can eat whatever you want as long as you have good meal in your system and exercise.

If you sit and eat junk meal everyday, then you will have problem down the road..

Abuse and eating some pop tarts or cheetos are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!

Your logic sucks.  "This doesn't matter because it doesn't affect you"

Besides, CPS doesn't exist just for abuse, but also for neglect.  If your kid is living on pop tarts and cheetos you're neglecting them. 

• Like 1

Eating candies in morning, noon, dinner, snack everyday is the problem.

But eat candies at school then eat good meal at home is no problem because

eating good dinner will clear the candies out of your system.. you will be fine.

Exercise will help as well. Including walking/running for some miles each day to keep your body in shape.

You can eat whatever you want as long as you have good meal in your system and exercise.

If you sit and eat junk meal everyday, then you will have problem down the road..

Eating a good meal doesn't push bad food out of your system. You still absorb the crap from the bad meal.  Diet is the most important aspect of your health, you neglect it and you're neglecting your entire body.  Eat right and exercise, but if you can't do both, then just eat right. 

• Like 2

"sees as a growing trend of overreaching by authorities."

I wish I can experience a overreaching by authorities situation with a note with "please" and only needed a signature.

Facebook news