Dad Posts Meddling Note Sent Home by Teacher over Packed Lunch

Eating a good meal doesn't push bad food out of your system. You still absorb the crap from the bad meal.  Diet is the most important aspect of your health, you neglect it and you're neglecting your entire body.  Eat right and exercise, but if you can't do both, then just eat right. 

I did not say push food out.. I said clear..  Same thing to your statement.

Trust me.. I know how it works.

Your logic sucks.  "This doesn't matter because it doesn't affect you"

Besides, CPS doesn't exist just for abuse, but also for neglect.  If your kid is living on pop tarts and cheetos you're neglecting them. 

what someone else eats doesn't hurt anyone but someone smacking the kids around does hurt people. If you can't tell the difference I don't know what to tell yah

• Like 2

Your logic sucks.  "This doesn't matter because it doesn't affect you"

Besides, CPS doesn't exist just for abuse, but also for neglect.  If your kid is living on pop tarts and cheetos you're neglecting them. 

Is it also considered neglect if you provide your child with only dialup internet speed?

Let me ask you some questions... Was this a pattern?  Is this child considered underweight, over weight, or "normal" by the health board in her area?  Do the parents normally make the child eat so healthy, that they thought figured it would be fine if this was a cheat day?...  Does the child have any ailments that force her to keep her sugar levels high?   How active is the child? She could be a swimmer, dance lessons, etc?

We don't have that information and so can't comment on that. However, what we can say is that chocolate and marshmallows are not part of a good diet, even if you're talking about someone who requires more energy. Even if the child was normal weight or underweight

• Like 1

And you can't stay healthy on diet alone you need excersize and stuff.. I know a lot if ppl that live on pizza and burgers and hersheys and funnel cake and work out and are buff n tuff.

And they can whip any vegans little butt!!!!

And you can't stay healthy on diet alone you need excersize and stuff.. I know a lot if ppl that live on pizza and burgers and hersheys and funnel cake and work out and are buff n tuff.

yeah those are the people that can eat anything and not put on weight, what you don't see on those people when they eat like that is how unhealthy they are inside, blood vessels all clogged up, cholesterol up the wazoo and they either have or are close to getting diabetes. I know a few of those.

I'm overweight, but medically more healthy than any of them.a

also you're the only one going to the extreme and talking about vegans, no one else has even mentioned as much as a vegetarian.

Wow you have no clue how the human body works.  Sounds like you harbor a lot of bitterness towards women in better shape than you. 

Why has this become all anti-vegan/anti-nutrition?

Puckett told ABC News that, since the note was addressed to "Dr. and Mrs. Puckett," it was clear that the teacher knew he was a physician which he said "just adds to the irony of it all."

Isn't Dr. just an honorific for someone who holds a doctorate? Doctorates can be held in a variety of subjects, not just medicine.

• Like 2

Without knowing more details, it is imposible to judge...

However, the parent could have easily solved this One on One with school..    Posting it online makes him seem like a douche.  However, maybe the school was overreaching many times already, and this was the last straw. 

Impossible to tell

However, I ate mostly chocolate bars at school.  Healthy food at home.  No problem.   Unless the child is already overweight, having one meal a day that is just chocolate is not a problem, especially if the kid is physically active!

So I can see how it can ###### off a parent that is already feeding the kid a healthy breakfast and dinner.     The teacher should have phased the letter differently.

yeah,  no!  it catches up.       maybe not until you are 30-40 y.o. but it will.       just because they are buff n tuff now, means nothing for their future health.

and why does it have to be vegans,   just eating healthy - meats, eggs, veggie is great.   eating take out pizza+burgers+hersheys  is not.   simple.  only younger crowd can pull it off, because the body is full of resources.

Why has this become all anti-vegan/anti-nutrition?

Isn't Dr. just an honorific for someone who holds a doctorate? Doctorates can be held in a variety of subjects, not just medicine.

it hasn't, that's just remixed on one of her usual off tangent discussions.

So a 7-8 year old girl dictates to her parents what she eats.. wow I'd still be getting a smack at 28 if I didn't eat my greens.

post-374410-0-34290100-1422129629.jpg

It is not healthy for your diet to be lacking important nutritional elements like protein and vitamins, nor to have an excessive amount of calories coming from carbohydrates (especially sugars). It shouldn't need to be pointed out that people can be thin and still be unhealthy.

Also, I don't know what your problem is with vegans but it isn't very becoming. It strikes me that your attitude stems from problems with your own body image.

We don't have that information and so can't comment on that. However, what we can say is that chocolate and marshmallows are not part of a good diet, even if you're talking about someone who requires more energy. Even if the child was normal weight or underweight

• Like 2

"We leave it up to her and she looks at the school menu and she packs her own lunch and she's a very independent second grader,"

Parenting at its finest.

• Like 2

Peh people should eat what's best for THEM not what some person tells them to eat. If they have a set amount of food that doesn't give them issues let em eat it. What's healthy for one person could kill the next.

Like Gluten intolerance or other stuff like that. It's up to the individual to understand their diet and work accordingly.

There's some other people that literally throw up anything else but a few things and stuff like me... I am also very sensitive to textures and smells and such. I have issues with veggies, breads, cereals, peanuts, and anything like jello or jelly.

Vegans and "health nuts" can't get this thru their heads that not everyone can tolerate veggies.me and My family can't. My sister is celiac.

I can't belive that so many people are THAT bothered by what some other people eat it's none of your business and doesn't affect you. Not unless you want to trade bodies with them or plan on doing it.

Peh people should eat what's best for THEM not what some person tells them to eat. If they have a set amount of food that doesn't give them issues let em eat it. What's healthy for one person could kill the next.

Like Gluten intolerance or other stuff like that. It's up to the individual to understand their diet and work accordingly.

There's some other people that literally throw up anything else but a few things and stuff like me... I am also very sensitive to textures and smells and such. I have issues with veggies, breads, cereals, peanuts, and anything like jello or jelly.

Vegans and "health nuts" can't get this thru their heads that not everyone can tolerate veggies.me and My family can't. My sister is celiac.

I can't belive that so many people are THAT bothered by what some other people eat it's none of your business and doesn't affect you. Not unless you want to trade bodies with them or plan on doing it.

See the thing is, you're the one in this thread that comes of as fixated on what other people eat...

I'm assuming something like a Hershey Miniature, which masses 8.6 grams & has ~40 calories.

I get the feeling that if they were the mini's the father would have specified that clearly as to not look like a horrible parent. No smart parent lets their kid take 4 regular size candy bars in their lunch.