Anticipating Windows 10 RTM - would It Be Build 10400 or Build 10800?

Rumor is MS is planning to announce and showcase 10240 on Jul 15, hope we'll get a leak before it. :)

You said something about a deadline. (July 16)

This is a rumor too?

Given that all the 10500+ builds start with "th2" (threshold 2?). I think it's pretty safe to say that 10240 is RTM.. the better question now is when we can get our hands on it!

• Like 1

I saw a post saying RTM candidate Is build 10240?

From MS? :huh:

P.S:My question was:

So,nothing official from MS about the RTM build number?

Edit:

Microsoft hasn't specifically said, but its looking to be 10.0.10240.16384. Considering they haven't built a 10256 yet, they likely signed off on this one.

Thanks,I assume they can't go for 10256 in about 2 more week,can they?

From MS? :huh:

P.S:My question was:

No, not from them, just the usual sources who have inside info.  We won't get anything official from MS till the final deadline date, which was said to be tomorrow now.

Well, if you consider DISM from the new ADK final as a hint :laugh:

1TfETkN.jpg

If they're using the .16384 number at the end now then yeah, odds are high that 10240 is RTM build, the other number could change though, we could see 10240.16385 or 16386 maybe?  If I remember right I think that was the case with Windows 8 or 8.1 as well.

from what I've heard RTM was signed off on lunch time yesterday, builds are on hold right now but work is still continuing on bug fixes that will be available on the 29th, new builds will start again on the 16th after an RTM announcement tomorrow...

this is from a MS partner source... that has been right in the past with info on windows 8 before it got the start screen...

No, not from them, just the usual sources who have inside info.  We won't get anything official from MS till the final deadline date, which was said to be tomorrow now.

I still haven't managed to decide if the deadline comes from MS or not...

(What if the deadline is actually July 29?)

I still haven't managed to decide if the deadline comes from MS or not...

(What if the deadline is actually July 29?)

Well, the 15th was a final signoff date and when code was going to go out to OEMs to load onto new hardware, not so much a date for GA and consumers.

The only question I have now is when and what build will kick off the next round of insider previews?   I'm guessing something from those 10500's?

Well, the 15th was a final signoff date and when code was going to go out to OEMs to load onto new hardware, not so much a date for GA and consumers.

The only question I have now is when and what build will kick off the next round of insider previews?   I'm guessing something from those 10500's?

As much as RTM kicks in,why would I want another Insider Preview?

If they're using the .16384 number at the end now then yeah, odds are high that 10240 is RTM build, the other number could change though, we could see 10240.16385 or 16386 maybe?  If I remember right I think that was the case with Windows 8 or 8.1 as well.

It seems MS had changed their way of RTM numerology, previously they keep the main build no., the next sign-off candidate gets a higher delta, but this time they just increase the main build no. by 16.

Btw, the delta 16384 is the first no. of a 15 bit binary string. :)

As much as RTM kicks in,why would I want another Insider Preview?

FYI:

July 9th to 15 or 16 for sign off.

July 29th for Windows 10 Launch to public via reservation app for Windows 7 and 8.x devices.

After 29th, if you want to keep receiving the builds, then stay on the Insider build whichever you have on, I mean build 10166, or older. If so, you can get new build via WU after 29th.

FYI:

July 9th to 15 or 16 for sign off.

July 29th for Windows 10 Launch to public via reservation app for Windows 7 and 8.x devices.

After 29th, if you want to keep receiving the builds, then stay on the Insider build whichever you have on, I mean build 10166, or older. If so, you can get new build via WU after 29th.

Thanks.

FMI (for my information):

If I clean install the RTM after 29th,in order to keep it activated,I have to receive (and install) Insider builds via WU too?

Thanks.

FMI (for my information):

If I clean install the RTM after 29th,in order to keep it activated,I have to receive (and install) Insider builds via WU too?

You don't have to clean install but both ways may work as long as you stay on Insider program.

You can reset after upgrade if you want to. If so, you have clean Windows to play on. This method works for me. I do this all the time except a few builds (10041 around there) which they had WU problem.. I used ISO to install over it. Problem solved.

You don't have to clean install but both ways may work as long as you stay on Insider program.

You can reset after upgrade if you want to. If so, you have clean Windows to play on. This method works for me. I do this all the time except a few builds (10041 around there) which they had WU problem.. I used ISO to install over it. Problem solved.

If they stay activated,I'm fine.