[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 (Build 10.0.10240) discussion & upgrade experience

I wonder if the activation servers are borked right now.

It is what I am clinging to hope with now, I don't fancy having to roll back the whole lot, and set everything back up. 

Tried the windows update trick,  nothing shows up but it says it failed.  

Using the Media Creation tool now to upgrade it.  Once I upgrade I'll use that tool to make a Windows 10 USB,   I'm doing it from work using team viewer.  So when I am done work in a few hours I can get home and finish it.  

I used the media creation tool also Dane.

Thanks,  I just updated my post.  I am using Team Viewer from work to do it.  So when I get home, I can finish it.  

Maybe it's a problem with their severs.

I really hope so!, while this is not my main work related rig, it's just a drain that when the insider version rolled out so nicely, that this RTM rollout causes issues.

I wonder if the activation servers are borked right now.

Same problem here.

No_Activation.png

It's not given me the English UK speech language pack either so no Cortana for now. As you can see, I've messaged Gabe Aul, no answer yet though. You can see from my previous post too that I used the actual update wizard

My legit copy is a retail box of Windows 7 HP 64bit (+32bit disk)

Will wait for Aug 2nd.

I wish I read that before I started the process.   Now I am nervous.  

My legit copy is a retail box of Windows 7 HP 64bit (+32bit disk)

Will wait for Aug 2nd.

Also,don't actually take it as a must-be.

The worse case is the end of the week 1 of August with no change.

I'm doing it from work using team viewer.

I used TeamViewer to update my home computer as well.  TeamViewer came up after the install was complete and I was able to finish the install remotely.  Did it all from the office!

Just to test, my VM with a illegal version of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. No issues, everything activated. Now the problem I have is VMWare and VirtualBox crash when I load more than 2 Windows 10 VMs. :( Probably my PC having issues.

I used TeamViewer to update my home computer as well.  TeamViewer came up after the install was complete and I was able to finish the install remotely.  Did it all from the office!

Did the codes for team viewer change?  No one is there to tell me the new codes after it resets.  I need to set it up to stay the same next time haha. 

Just to test, my VM with a illegal version of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. No issues, everything activated. Now the problem I have is VMWare and VirtualBox crash when I load more than 2 Windows 10 VMs. :( Probably my PC having issues.

I've been loading 2 at the same time too.

At its 1st,everything on VMWare was ok,then,one of them went off.

I noticed that universal apps on my taskbar now all have a background. Is that some bug I picked up from the update or did that get changed through app updates before release?

80b112cfe4690e7c9574f4ff89dfe03f.png

Might be a bug mine do not show a background.

Anyone with a laptop have the trackpad scrolling direction inverted after the update? I had it working the proper way in 8.1. Now it's using the Steve Jobs way.

No visible option anywhere in the settings for Windows or the Synaptic trackpad.

WOW the windows 10 upgrade takes a long time on a spinning drive. I'm upgrading a customers computer. I've never installed Windows 10 on a spinning drive before. All the installs and upgrades have been on SSD's which usually took about 20 mins.

WOW the windows 10 upgrade takes a long time on a spinning drive. I'm upgrading a customers computer. I've never installed Windows 10 on a spinning drive before. All the installs and upgrades have been on SSD's which usually took about 20 mins.

It's MS's way of getting you back for all the jokes you have posted here over the years :shifty:

And the so called refresh option is a no go for me, as I tried it on my laptop, and thanks to what ever Windows 10 did, it is now in a error loop saying INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - so its off to a good start so far

Edited by ArtistX

Did the codes for team viewer change?  No one is there to tell me the new codes after it resets.  I need to set it up to stay the same next time haha. 

Ah, I see.  I had mine setup to automatically restart or as they called it "unattended access".

So no one can activate right?

The three installs I've done today have activated automatically.

Cant refresh or reset from the DVD either, and people wonder why we have been asking for ISO's and codes so we can do a clean install the old fashioned (but tried. tested and working way)