Windows 10 update fails :-(

I'm getting the following error:

0xc1900101 - 0x3000D
The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

Screenshot:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLFgC1QWcAEw9yN.jpg

Trying to go from Windows 8.1 Home. I'm not running a 3rd party antivirus apps and no Logitech/SteelSeries software is present.

The machine is a Gigabyte P34G gaming laptop with an Intel HD 4600 and an nVidia Geforce GTX 760M.

This happens during the "Installing features and drivers" phase of the install.

I got all the way to the end and got The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA

0xc1900101 - 0x4000d

going from windows 7 home to 10.

acer aspire one netbook

I wonder how many people are getting this in total. Will the be on the news at 10?

Update: When I tried to install again, the halt screen had this written on it: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

This makes me think the installer isn't playing nice with my nVidia card.

Well this is interesting. The little Windows 10 icon where you could reserve your upgrade changed a bit. On my desktop, the app says that the update is being rolled out and I'll be notified when I get it. On my problematic laptop, the message says that it's being validated against my particular setup. This was NOT what was displayed yesterday so I assume that MS detected issues with my setup (and probably others) and is working on a fix (I can hope)

you know when I hit the F9 key or whatever on my son's and it went back to the desktop, I no longer seen the windows logo in the taskbar either.. Didn't look to see if their was something else though

I get the same error on my son's desktop but its actually on a different part as well

IMG_0128.JPG

My co-worker just got the same error on his old Thinkpad. In his case, he chose the option not to keep anything and it went through.

Update: When I tried to install again, the halt screen had this written on it: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

This makes me think the installer isn't playing nice with my nVidia card.

Hmmm, then why don't you try again with the Nvidia drivers uninstalled?

can't be nvidia though as I KNOW my son has the latest driver installed and it is the same as my driver. 

So on the tip of a user in the PCPper forums I tried installing using a USB drive and it actually worked!

The only remaining issue is that the GTX 960M in my laptop is disabled in device manager with Code 43 as the reason. I uninstalled the driver, blocked the auto update for nVidia cards and installed the latest driver directly from nVidias site. Still no joy :-/

I had this error on one of my machines. I just used a USB created with MS's media creation tool, and it worked straight off the bat.

So after hunting on Gigabyte's site, I saw they pushed out driver updates for laptops that essentially had the same hardware as mine but a newer graphics card. I got the newer Intel chipset drivers and after rebooting, my nVidia card is no longer non-functional. There must have been some weird conflict that the new drivers solved.