Windows Phone Insider cannot get programs

Hi Guys,

So, here's the story. I have a lumia 640xl (8 gb and 2 gb free space. No sd card) which received the windows phone 8.1 update 2. 2 days ago, i decided to do a hard reset (just to start fresh). I went to insider page and signed up for the preview program, installed the windows insider app and when i click on get preview builds, I get this:

"A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again."

Has anyone been having the same issue lately? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

hi there!

I'm glad there's another one with this problem! So here's my story: I have a Lumia 1020 and was on W10M build 10166. So the update to 10512 came and I started the update. The update went wrong and I got the "sad smiley". Then I used WPRT to go back to 8.1

I then installed the updates to get to Denim but there is now one (8.1) update that cannot be installed. It starts with the spinning cogs and doesn't go over...let's say 30%. Then the phone restarts and it shows the error "The update was not sucessful. It's only probably temporary - please try again later".

But it never works. And now if I go into the Windows Insider app and hit the button for checking preview versions, it displays "A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again."
'

• Like 1

Make sure your Region/Timezone is correct, if your phone was imported (like mine was) it is set to the country of origin, mine gets put to Singapore when it is hard reset, but I live in The Netherlands (Europe). Just updating the time and date isn't enough.

my phone was bought in Germany and my region is set to Austria, because I live in Austria. After my hard reset I set it to Austria. It was always that way

• 2 years later...
On 8/15/2015 at 10:40 PM, TechAddict said:

Hi Guys,

So, here's the story. I have a lumia 640xl (8 gb and 2 gb free space. No sd card) which received the windows phone 8.1 update 2. 2 days ago, i decided to do a hard reset (just to start fresh). I went to insider page and signed up for the preview program, installed the windows insider app and when i click on get preview builds, I get this:

"A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again."

Has anyone been having the same issue lately? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

yeah exactly am also facing the same problem