Google Dropping Adobe Flash Support - September 1, 2015

I know about this, but I was talking more about "heavier" games, like the one I'm playing for almost 2 years now (Knights Clash of Heroes). Bubble crap games and similar ones will clearly be converted, but who the hell cares about these...

Those 'heavy' games you mentioned about will come out for HTML5 or newer whenever they come out... or maybe new technology comes out in the near future for better games.. you never know. 

By the way, I was not talking about you... I was talking about everyone who you know that play Flash games...

Just give them some time to work on the games with HTML5 or whatever they do with the games. Some can be ported or some can be written up from scratch..

If you want that specific game in HTML5, just ask developer and he will consider to make one or port it over. It could be months before you get it and play.

I think we are approaching an age where the likes of Flash have had their day.  Security is mainstream now and it has to come before everything else. 

• 2 weeks later...

"Write once, run anywhere" != no need to maintain app, nor does it mean on any version of java framework.

The whole line was clearly invented by a marketing person.

It wasn't - WORE was meant to encourage developers to write API-agnostic (as in neutral) applications/applets.  The problem THERE is that - for developers - it's pretty much about continuous cash-flow; if anything, that encourages - not discourages - API-dependency (whatever language your app is written in - the issue isn't unique to Flash or Java) the issue is, in fact, WORST in enterprise-targeting software - even compared to gaming.

It wasn't - WORE was meant to encourage developers to write API-agnostic (as in neutral) applications/applets.  The problem THERE is that - for developers - it's pretty much about continuous cash-flow; if anything, that encourages - not discourages - API-dependency (whatever language your app is written in - the issue isn't unique to Flash or Java) the issue is, in fact, WORST in enterprise-targeting software - even compared to gaming.

Nonetheless, the method that people are using the phrase has nothing to do with what they are talking about.