Post Count & Liked Posts

I thought you may have been behind this...:shiftyninja:

Just had a look at mine, and it's also dropped considerably. I'd imagine it's no longer counting archived posts, deleted posts et al.

Not encountered the issue myself, but it sounds believable because the forum upgrade has been sorta buggy. 

Bit of an understatement.

I've noticed this issue amongst others as well, so you're not going crazy @OP!

Bit of an understatement.

I've noticed this issue amongst others as well, so you're not going crazy @OP!

Doesn't matter if it is or not. The devs are aware of the issues, so it's their decision if they plan to look into it.

Yeah it's just a number I agree. However, for members like shockz, who spent 14 years to reach 20k, it can suck a little. 20k shows your involvement in the community, and your support for Neowin. My original post wasn't a complaint, more of a little annoyance I noticed happening. :)

Yeah it's just a number I agree. However, for members like shockz, who spent 14 years to reach 20k,

Yea but they can have twice the pleasure by doing it again at no cost.......

When all said and done unless there are built in access barriers on the forum, after the initial thousand to get your feet under the table its not a big deal as other more apparent forum issues.

• Like 1

The migration task which re-counts content ran this afternoon, there's a good chance that will have dropped post counts, as deleted posts, and news comments, almost certainly weren't included.

So then I lost 7,000+ Posts? I thought I was nearing either 26,000 or 30,000 but now i'm at 22,588. I know I was at least at 25,000 because I made a 25,000 post video.

Post to check my post count.

Edit: It would appear that I've lost about 300 posts. Not that it matters much.

I really miss the old version :( The only thing I like about the new version is the format of the emails they send.

Edited by warwagon

Geesh this forum is buggy as hell.  Should have stuck with the old forum or loaded a backup database and tested/worked out the bugs before upgrading to the newest version.  My content went down from 21k to 12k.  Minor issue and hopefully resolve especially those who were gearing up for the perk of getting 25k posts.  But the other bugs and issues with this forum....wow....worst "upgrade" ever.  More like a downgrade. 

• Like 1

Geesh this forum is buggy as hell.  Should have stuck with the old forum or loaded a backup database and tested/worked out the bugs before upgrading to the newest version.  My content went down from 21k to 12k.  Minor issue and hopefully resolve especially those who were gearing up for the perk of getting 25k posts.  But the other bugs and issues with this forum....wow....worst "upgrade" ever.  More like a downgrade. 

i am almost accustomed to using the forums now, even if there are some bugs that pop up.   
mobile version is much worse.   i noticed a lot of regulars left now.  i blame the new forums.

more on topic, i did not notice any change in post count at all, but i never really kept track of it, really.    post count is less important then post content. 

a lot of people with high post count, posted a lot of useless stuff for the sake of wasting time, myself included.   not something i am proud of.

i am almost accustomed to using the forums now, even if there are some bugs that pop up.   
mobile version is much worse.   i noticed a lot of regulars left now.  i blame the new forums.

more on topic, i did not notice any change in post count at all, but i never really kept track of it, really.    post count is less important then post content. 

a lot of people with high post count, posted a lot of useless stuff for the sake of wasting time, myself included.   not something i am proud of.

Oh, I agree.  Lack of quality posts are getting less and less.

I hope this issue is going to be fixed soon.

Along with the notifications showing new notifications, but nothing lists when opened. :(

Oh and likes showing in the comments on the front page would be nice too. :p