Windows 10 and Network Resources

Hi everyone.  I have updated two of our computers to Windows 10.  The first upgraded without any issues, but the second was logged out of our server.  Not a problem, I was able to fix that without any issue, but we continue to get the below error when trying to access resources stored on this server (Though we ARE able to browse to the directory now).

Has anyone seen this and know how I can fix this?  I've stopped the update on our other machines until I can get this sorted out...

This is not an issue with the code, that's simply opening the file.  It's not being permitted access to the file by Windows for some reason.

Thank you again for your help.

Error.jpg

*Edit - I meant to mention as well, but the computer does have access to SQL Server databases running on the server.  It just doesn't have file access.  I don't see anywhere where this is being blocked and this was not occurring before the update.

Edited by M_Lyons10

when trying to access resources stored on this server

More details, please.

What specific action leads to that error message?  Are you opening a file from inside a program, or what?

On 4/10/2016 at 11:31 AM, BeerFan said:

More details, please.

What specific action leads to that error message?  Are you opening a file from inside a program, or what?

Yes, I am opening a file from within a program.  This works on all prior versions of Windows and on two other Windows 10 machines with no issue.  It has nothing to do with the code or the program.  As you can see in the error, the computer is being denied access to these resources for some reason (rights / priveleges?), but none of those settings have changed and appear correct.  Manually browsing to the file location on the server through My PC allows the user to view and open these attachments without any issue.

It's incredibly frustrating.  I just checked the user permissions again and everything seems fine.  It's very odd that this one computer suddenly has an issue when none others have.

When the Windows 10 upgrade occurred on this machine, it lost it's credentials for connecting to the server.  This wasn't a big deal of course, I was able to enter them in and connect...  But this is also the ONLY computer that lost its credentials.  I'm thinking this is some sort of bug affecting a small number of Windows 10 installs...?

Edited by M_Lyons10

Delete your credentials and try again.

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.

In the left pane, click Manage your credentials.

Click the vault that contains the credential that you want to remove.

Click the credential that you want to remove, and then click Remove from vault.

or

logon as a new user on the upgraded box and see if you get the same error.