'Attack' In Nice: 'At Least 60 Dead' As Truck Hits Crowd

Just now, Unobscured Vision said:

Nope. Just making a point that Political Correctness is something that most people are fed up with. :) 

I know, my rant was not directed at you.(Y)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warwagon said:

*In before someone wants to ban all trucks.*

interesting how everything revolves around guns... even comparisons.

You know what stops a bad guy with a car?  A good guy with a car. (or maybe not eh?)

FACT: Driver in a lorry runs down a group of people during Bastille day.

FACT: 75+ dead, others wounded.

Anything else is jumping to conclusions. Can we not wait and see what the evidence shows before degrading ourselves like this?

Some of the comments here are terrible, how easily some of you are willing to take an event with little information and run with it for your own agenda. It's saddening in a moment that doesn't need matters being made worse. :(

Please let's stick to the facts, and let's have some respect for what is going on as it unfolds.

Dozens of people dead and you guys are bitching about political correctness, posting childish memes, etc., come on.

• Like 3

Just now, Nick H. said:

FACT: Driver in a lorry runs down a group of people during Bastille day.

FACT: 75+ dead, others wounded.

Anything else is jumping to conclusions. Can we not wait and see what the evidence shows before degrading ourselves like this?

Some of the comments here are terrible, how easily some of you are willing to take an event with little information and run with it for your own agenda. It's saddening in a moment that doesn't need matters being made worse. :(

Please let's stick to the facts, and let's have some respect for what is going on as it unfolds.

want make a little wager?

The US Government is calling it Terrorism.  Obama does not even like the word. It is what it is. When the driver got out of his truck which was loaded with weapons and Hand Grenades, he fired on the victims,  what else could it be--Reckless driving?

2 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

http://www.nicematin.com/faits-divers/info-nice-matin-un-nicois-dorigine-tunisienne-au-volant-du-camion-64855

Now 77 dead. 31 old Tunisian man was driving the truck. And guess what the major religion of Tunisia is..

Flag_of_Tunisia.png

let me take a guess.

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

The US Government is calling it Terrorism.  Obama does not even like the word. It is what it is. When the driver got out of his truck which was loaded with weapons and Hand Grenades, he fired on the victims,  what else could it be--Reckless driving?

he has no problem with 'terrorism'. he has a problem with any connection between islam and terrorism ie "radical Islamic terrorism"

Some people have to understand that the world is at war with these terrorists. This is not a game, Our lives as we know them will never be the same unless someone wakes up!

3 minutes ago, seta-san said:

Flag_of_Tunisia.png

let me take a guess.

he has no problem with 'terrorism'. he has a problem with any connection between islam and terrorism ie "radical Islamic terrorism"

He is quite wrong and is by far the cause of most of this.

Just now, seta-san said:

we have a choice to make.... either our own fascism or Islamic fascism. choose. western democracies won't survive this.

Yes we will if the US Government comes to accept the reality of the situation. We argue what bathroom to use while the world is on fire.

Wait, weren't 3 muslim (islamic) cities attacked a while back...........and guess what, isis claimed responsibility? I didn't see Neowin.net or the world go crazy like with this one. :/

6 minutes ago, ultimate99 said:

Wait, weren't 3 muslim (islamic) cities attacked a while back...........and guess what, isis claimed responsibility? I didn't see Neowin.net or the world go crazy like with this one. :/

just like black on black violence.. No one cares.

6 minutes ago, ultimate99 said:

You're right. We're just blowing this out of proportion. 70+ people savagely killed while haplessly celebrating French Independence really isn't a big deal. 

The REAL threat in our world isn't terrorism after all. It's global warming/cooling/climate change!  "no challenge poses a greater threat to our children, our planet, and future generations than climate change" - Obama. I'm so happy we have a President that understands the real threats, to bad he can't have a 3rd term/

Reading the comments in this thread sickens me. Assumptions, discrimination, stereotyping, ignorance, selfish comments, political agendas, bigotry...just about everything wrong with typical Neowin threads all rolled into one sans MS, Apple and Google hatred. 

This is thread is disgusting and the offenders should be ashamed of themselves. 

What we don't need is another Crusade, or some other kind of "Us versus Them" thing. There's too much of that happening already. I have no problem with Muslims, or Islam in of itself. It's completely counterproductive to lump an entire Religious Group in as a responsible party to Terrorism, or suspected Terrorism. That only widens the divide.

8 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Reading the comments in this thread sickens me. Assumptions, discrimination, stereotyping, ignorance, selfish comments, political agendas, bigotry...just about everything wrong with typical Neowin threads all rolled into one sans MS, Apple and Google hatred. 

You forgot self-righteous indignation.

14 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I have always been a firm believer in the people who speak the most usually have the least to say and those who remain silent usually have the most to say.

Literally the only positive is it makes it really, really easy to discern whose point of view and opinion you can automatically dismiss.

10 minutes ago, G.i.b.b.s said:

You forgot self-righteous indignation.

Says one of those who is part of the assuming and assumes with this comment as well. 

4 hours ago, Stoffel said:

Hold on a second, where has it been mentioned that this is a Islamic Terrorist Attack? So far they have said nothing about the perpetrator(s)

Why do you have to go that way straight away?

Only Islamic <snip> (pardon the french) would do something so horrific.